Shoutbox

Instant Lock; Wondering about a option - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Instant Lock; Wondering about a option (/showthread.php?tid=39270)

Instant Lock; Wondering about a option by djloco81 on 02-28-2005 at 01:54 AM

Hello,

I've enjoyed Messenger Plus for a while now. Now i'm trying the Beta Version for MSN 7. The Instant Lock option is a good option in it.
I was just wondering if it is possible to have it on by default, like even when you start windows for the 1st time (cold start or reboot or even logon). I would like this since the pc that i use sometimes is in my Dj Booth and other people are not allowed to use MSN for any reason. I've locked the IExplorer, but would like to do the same with MSN as it starts. Cuz i'm not here always.

Thanks for any reaction and if the option is not possible, maybe an added option in the next Beta Version?

L8rzz

RE: Instant Lock; Wondering about a option by Ahmad on 02-28-2005 at 02:47 AM

I don't think so.

Try installing MSN Messenger onto an administrator account, and don't let anyone access it. And don't give them priviledges to install it themselves.

Probably a bit extreme :)

RE: Instant Lock; Wondering about a option by Concord Dawn on 02-28-2005 at 03:41 AM

Not that I know of. Unless you wrote your own program.

RE: Instant Lock; Wondering about a option by djloco81 on 02-28-2005 at 07:13 PM

Is there just not any way to lock the msn automaticly at startup?

That really all i need.. not the hard way

RE: Instant Lock; Wondering about a option by Ahmad on 02-28-2005 at 07:17 PM

Not that we know of, sorry.

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
Unless you wrote your own program.