Shoutbox

"Auto-Send Video Chat Invite" Plugin Request - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: "Auto-Send Video Chat Invite" Plugin Request (/showthread.php?tid=39275)

"Auto-Send Video Chat Invite" Plugin Request by Hyo on 02-28-2005 at 02:48 AM

Hello everyone!

First of all, thank you for taking your time to read my post ^^

I'll get straight to it, so that you don't have to waste time reading stuff you don't need ^____^

I'm looking for a very specific function, and I know I can't do it with Messenger Plus!, so I'm requesting a Plugin for MSN Messenger 7 Beta (Build 7.0.0425) that will do the following:

- When contact "X" sends me a message, Auto-Reply with a Video Chat Invite (you know, the ALT+W one, the OUTgoing one, not the request for the other person to send me a webcam feed).

Is it possible to do this? Would it be too much trouble?

Thanks again for anyone who can help! ^^

EDIT: Forgot to mention... I'd need this script to send the invite on the FIRST message you recieve, and not on EVERY message you recieve on the same conversation...

RE: "Auto-Send Video Chat Invite" Plugin Request by Ash_ on 02-28-2005 at 04:18 AM

im not doing it, but you could make it happen as soon as the plugin initialize, call a function that sends sometihng like "/video" or whatever the command is as soon as the plugin is loaded, i cant see what would be so hard?

RE: "Auto-Send Video Chat Invite" Plugin Request by Hyo on 02-28-2005 at 05:02 AM

Thanks Ash_ for your reply!

The reason why I asked is because I have no idea of how to do it myself, as I've got zero skills in programming (HTML isn't programming at all ^^).

Any other suggestions?

RE: "Auto-Send Video Chat Invite" Plugin Request by Ash_ on 02-28-2005 at 05:09 AM

umm im at school right now, wait for some of the dev's to come online and see this thread.

RE: "Auto-Send Video Chat Invite" Plugin Request by Hyo on 02-28-2005 at 05:19 AM

Will do, thank you very much Ash_! ^^

RE: "Auto-Send Video Chat Invite" Plugin Request by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-28-2005 at 11:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hyo
Hello everyone!

I'll get straight to it, so that you don't have to waste time reading stuff you don't need ^____^

I'm looking for a very specific function, and I know I can't do it with Messenger Plus!, so I'm requesting a Plugin for MSN Messenger 7 Beta (Build 7.0.0425) that will do the following:

- When contact "X" sends me a message, Auto-Reply with a Video Chat Invite (you know, the ALT+W one, the OUTgoing one, not the request for the other person to send me a webcam feed).

EDIT: Forgot to mention... I'd need this script to send the invite on the FIRST message you recieve, and not on EVERY message you recieve on the same conversation...

Or just use the auto-accept feauture of MSG Plus!?....
RE: RE: "Auto-Send Video Chat Invite" Plugin Request by Ash_ on 02-28-2005 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
quote:
Originally posted by Hyo
Hello everyone!

Or just use the auto-accept feauture of MSG Plus!?....

he wants to _Send_ the request, not accept it.
RE: "Auto-Send Video Chat Invite" Plugin Request by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-28-2005 at 12:33 PM

Yeah, I know... but if they have to do a "/xvideo" or other command to him, why not just let them use "/video" command or use the odinary ask for video and then accept that?.... that would be the exact same thing as Person 1: sending command "/xvideo" to him and then his plugin sends video request and Person 1 then needs to accept that request.. I don't see any point in doing this?

But ok, maybe I missed something? do you want it to send the request regardless of what they say to you?... or do you want it to send the request on specific text?

RE: RE: "Auto-Send Video Chat Invite" Plugin Request by Whatever on 02-28-2005 at 01:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
Yeah, I know... but if they have to do a "/xvideo" or other command to him, why not just let them use "/video" command or use the odinary ask for video and then accept that?.... that would be the exact same thing as Person 1: sending command "/xvideo" to him and then his plugin sends video request and Person 1 then needs to accept that request.. I don't see any point in doing this?

But ok, maybe I missed something? do you want it to send the request regardless of what they say to you?... or do you want it to send the request on specific text?

I think he means if Person 1 msg him the FIRST sentence, his plugin will send a video request over to Person 1. That would be kinda weird...
RE: RE: "Auto-Send Video Chat Invite" Plugin Request by Ash_ on 02-28-2005 at 01:14 PM

dude. make a quicktext.

call it /askvid

on the quick text type.

code:
/video
accept the video please

then set your auto-message to /askvid.

or in a chatwindow type.

code:
/away /video

done without a plugin :P
RE: "Auto-Send Video Chat Invite" Plugin Request by Hyo on 02-28-2005 at 05:41 PM

Thanks everyone! Now...

Ash_: That sounds as possibility, but how would I make sure that only the person I want to gets that request?

Whatever: That's exactly what I need. No matter what the specific contact says, on the first FIRST message ONLY, the Auto-Reply will send a Video invite request. The purpose of this is to let that person actually SEE if I'm at my computer or not.

RE: "Auto-Send Video Chat Invite" Plugin Request by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-28-2005 at 07:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hyo
Thanks everyone! Now...

Ash_: That sounds as possibility, but how would I make sure that only the person I want to gets that request?

Whatever: That's exactly what I need. No matter what the specific contact says, on the first FIRST message ONLY, the Auto-Reply will send a Video invite request. The purpose of this is to let that person actually SEE if I'm at my computer or not.

Yeah, but if it is a certain person that wants to see if you are at your computer or not, why don't you just tell them to start webcam with you and then you set Plus! to automatically accept that request?... Isn't this going to be the same?.... Then when you are not there they just start webcam with you and they can see you are not there... Using Plus!'s auto accep you can specify which contacts to auto accept on...
RE: "Auto-Send Video Chat Invite" Plugin Request by Hyo on 02-28-2005 at 08:17 PM

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!
That sounds like the best solution!!!

Can you please tell me how do you REQUEST to see a webcam? Because I doubt the person who I want to give that right will now how to do that ^______^

Thanks!!

No matter! Figured it out!

Thanks a lot for your help, guys!