Shoutbox

Gmail - New Features Added - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Gmail - New Features Added (/showthread.php?tid=39359)

Gmail - New Features Added by John Anderton on 03-01-2005 at 02:35 PM

Just wanted Ya'll to know that in some accounts a link has been provided. One of my accounts shows it while the other doesnt :dodgy:
(Used the smudge tool for the 1st time there ;))
Newayz here is a link to the page
Also i noticed one other change. You can use spell check in your quick reply or was that already there.

RE: Gmail - New Features Added by WDZ on 03-01-2005 at 04:31 PM

I want to use the basic HTML view, because the JavaScript stuff is just dodgy, but I don't know how... :dodgy:

There doesn't seem to be any link or option, and when I try disabling JavaScript, I get this...

quote:
JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to use Gmail in standard view. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To use standard view, enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.
Still no link to basic HTML view... :dodgy:
RE: Gmail - New Features Added by King For A Day on 03-01-2005 at 04:44 PM

cant see what you mean

RE: Gmail - New Features Added by ayjay on 03-01-2005 at 04:55 PM

Finally! It now supports all browsers. The ones at school are...

(sit down. trust me, this will shock you)

(not for the faint of hearted...)

IE 2 !!!! :o

RE: Gmail - New Features Added by The_Thief on 03-01-2005 at 05:48 PM

I don't see them :(

RE: Gmail - New Features Added by user13774 on 03-01-2005 at 07:31 PM

@ ajd:

omg :shocked:

Even Windows 98 has IE 4 standard :|

RE: Gmail - New Features Added by ayjay on 03-01-2005 at 09:20 PM

Well the main computers are on XP but there is one where you have to bury through a meter of dust to get to which has the earliest os known to man lol. I'll take a pic if I can tomorrow :P

RE: Gmail - New Features Added by segosa on 03-01-2005 at 09:28 PM

I wanna test the HTML layout :(

RE: Gmail - New Features Added by Wabz on 03-01-2005 at 09:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Segosa

Perhaps its only active in old browsers ?
RE: Gmail - New Features Added by Ahmad on 03-02-2005 at 12:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
quote:
Originally posted by Segosa

Perhaps its only active in old browsers ?

Probably not because when I tested it with Opera [couple of weeks ago] it said this browser is not compatible with the gmail website, so I couldn't login in with any kind of view.
RE: Gmail - New Features Added by John Anderton on 03-03-2005 at 03:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ajd
IE 2 !!!!
:lol::lol::lol:
When is there gonna be a way to put pics in ur gmail sigs :rolleyes: or is there one already cause i wanna use a normal pic or my ras (Random Avatar Script; the one i'm using now) :grin:
RE: Gmail - New Features Added by user13774 on 03-10-2005 at 07:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
I want to use the basic HTML view, because the JavaScript stuff is just dodgy, but I don't know how... :dodgy:

There doesn't seem to be any link or option, and when I try disabling JavaScript, I get this...

Still no link to basic HTML view... :dodgy:

Now there is... :)

[Image: attachment.php?pid=400591]
RE: Gmail - New Features Added by user27089 on 03-10-2005 at 08:05 AM

They will just keep adding these new features, it will begin to get over the top, in the end they're probably bring out an email client like googlemail beta or something dodgy, I'd probably use it other than Outlook, I mean, I have it, but never use it, it annoys me, gmail > *... :rolleyes:...

Nice new features though (y).

RE: Gmail - New Features Added by Chestah on 03-10-2005 at 08:07 AM

grr i reported this to Neowin's report news feature and they didn't add it :O i was heartbroken Trax :P

RE: Gmail - New Features Added by user27089 on 03-10-2005 at 08:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
grr i reported this to Neowin's report news feature and they didn't add it :O i was heartbroken Trax :P

Yeah, thats happened to me several times, I reported something, and I didn't get put on, some other guy that posted it about 3 days after me got it put on :@.
RE: Gmail - New Features Added by Chestah on 03-10-2005 at 08:17 AM

lol so true :P

RE: Gmail - New Features Added by WDZ on 03-10-2005 at 02:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Markus
Now there is...
Cool. :p

Unfortunately, shortly after Google added the basic HTML version, they forced Opera to use it, even though Opera is compatible with the regular version, AFAIK... :s The basic HTML version has some important features like Settings and Filter Creation disabled. :(
RE: Gmail - New Features Added by Sunshine on 03-10-2005 at 03:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah

Yeah, thats happened to me several times, I reported something, and I didn't get put on, some other guy that posted it about 3 days after me got it put on :@.

Blah, i asked em for the possibility to create your own folders..never got an answer (it's useful if you wanna check gmail with the new version of Plus!).