Shoutbox

New Features - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: New Features (/showthread.php?tid=39360)

New Features by Truce77 on 03-01-2005 at 02:38 PM

Hey, 
I would like to see a few new features in Messenger Plus.  They might be hard, but they would be really cool.

First off, the ability to resize the contacts you put on your desktop. (That's the easy one)

Next...

When a message arrives, and it's from a contact you put on your desktop, instead of the message going to the task bar, it would be awsome if the message displayed in a little box below (or the side) of the desktop contact.

Then, I could read the message, click it, and a textbox right there would open up so I could type my message back. 

Once I hit enter it would send the message and the box would disappear.

This would allow quick messages to be sent back and forth while you're still doing stuff on the computer and don't want to be TOO distracted.

Hopefully you think it's worthwhile (or even possible) to implement.

Cheers

RE: New Features by Pr0xY on 03-01-2005 at 05:49 PM

I like it... (Y)

RE: New Features by Plik on 03-01-2005 at 06:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Truce77
First off, the ability to resize the contacts you put on your desktop. (That's the easy one)

Well you can alredy resize then width ways just not vertically
RE: New Features by Wabz on 03-01-2005 at 11:46 PM

Why would you want to resize them vertically?

And for the Conversation idea.  I like it but what I'd personally prefer is a ballon tip to come up with the message.  Then when I'm ready I click the contact and it opens in a convo window

RE: New Features by matty on 03-02-2005 at 12:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Wabz

And for the Conversation idea.  I like it but what I'd personally prefer is a ballon tip to come up with the message.  Then when I'm ready I click the contact and it opens in a convo window
How are you going to load a Ballon tip in Windows 98/ME since they were introduced from 2000 and on.

Just being an Ass, I like both of the ideas.
RE: New Features by Roy-chan on 03-02-2005 at 01:32 AM

hmm..this is quite uber cool =P Messenger Plus is teh best.

Well, This is like increasing efficiency. ^__^ Rreally really cool.

RE: New Features by juniwar on 03-02-2005 at 06:07 AM

Big props to the people who write messenger plus. Its a great add on. Keep up the good works.

Jr.

RE: New Features by x2zen on 03-02-2005 at 06:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
How are you going to load a Ballon tip in Windows 98/ME since they were introduced from 2000 and on.
I dont know in 98, but the ballon tip is in ME.
RE: New Features by The_Thief on 03-02-2005 at 05:38 PM

That's an awesome idea my friend

RE: New Features by UnduTheGun on 03-02-2005 at 06:55 PM

(y) boost desktop integration for MSN Messenger, that would be a really nice feature. (Maybe in the end being able to show Contacts' DPs in the desktop?)

RE: New Features by TGG on 03-02-2005 at 07:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UnduTheGun
Maybe in the end being able to show Contacts' DPs in the desktop?

IMO having their DP's would take up too much space, or would be too small to see detail depending on the size, but i like the ideas (Y)(Y)(Y)
RE: New Features by Truce77 on 03-02-2005 at 08:03 PM

Whoops, I guess I can resize the desktop contacts, you have to grab it from the right not the left tho.

Glad you like my suggestions.

RE: New Features by CanadianOriginal on 03-03-2005 at 03:19 AM

These are good ideas. I'd also like to see coloured contact names integrated. You can see a contact's custom name in the desktp tag, but with default colours, not the ones that are customized in the contact list.

RE: New Features by Chestah on 03-03-2005 at 07:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
quote:
Originally posted by Wabz

Just being an Ass, I like both of the ideas.

...well just make it an xp feature :P? :)
RE: New Features by -dt- on 03-03-2005 at 08:49 AM

lol soon as a read the messege one i started thinking of the xp tips baloon
I think its a very usefull idea to have the contacts on desktop to display some sort of notification of a new messege. like heres one example of how it could be used ,

I have my desktop contacts on my 2nd screen and when i play games on my primary screen i cant see when people messege me so i sometimes miss inportant messeges because I havnt seen them and i cant afford to alt+tab each time i hear that annoying new messege sound.