Shoutbox

Coming up in Messenger Plus! 3.50: Configuration Wizard - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Coming up in Messenger Plus! 3.50: Configuration Wizard (/showthread.php?tid=39374)

Coming up in Messenger Plus! 3.50: Configuration Wizard by toddy on 03-01-2005 at 06:45 PM

quote:
Coming up in Messenger Plus! 3.50: Configuration Wizard
dwergs says:

Last month we already exclusively revealed the coming of Emotion Sounds in the next version of Messenger Plus!. Today we can tell you that Patchou has managed to add another very useful feature aimed at poor, helpless Plus! virgins.

The Configuration Wizard appears every first time an individual account goes online after Messenger Plus! 3.50 has been installed. A tutorial-like introduction in five steps gives users a brief explanation of what to expect from the addon and even allows a handful of noteworthy features to be configured immediately.

Messenger Plus! 3.50, the first final version of Plus! to be compatible with MSN Messenger 7, is planned for release later this month. You'll hear about it first on Mess.be!

>> Preview Messenger Plus! 3.50 Configuration Wizard (animated gif).

>> Download Messenger Plus! 3 v3.25.

>> Download Messenger Plus! 3 BETA v3.40 (MSN Messenger 7 compatible).

sounds good (Y)
RE: Coming up in Messenger Plus! 3.50: Configuration Wizard by ayjay on 03-01-2005 at 06:56 PM

Yeah I've just been reading that on mess.be. Sounds really good. Might stop some of the pointless questions on irc :P

RE: Coming up in Messenger Plus! 3.50: Configuration Wizard by rix on 03-01-2005 at 07:51 PM

I knew about that, but is Mess.be allowed to publish some surprises and screenshots? Or they have a permission?

The configuration wizard is helpful, but I think that most of users close that even without reading it.

RE: Coming up in Messenger Plus! 3.50: Configuration Wizard by Screeny on 03-01-2005 at 08:28 PM

Yeah, that sounds like a good feature for Messenger Plus! Newbies :)
For more advanced Users I'ts useless, but who cares :P

Good Work, Patch :)

RE: Coming up in Messenger Plus! 3.50: Configuration Wizard by Pr0xY on 03-01-2005 at 08:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rix
I knew about that, but is Mess.be allowed to publish some surprises and screenshots? Or they have a permission?
As I recall Patchou didn't want any of the Beta testers to tell the public about the new features that are in the beta's they recieve. 
RE: Coming up in Messenger Plus! 3.50: Configuration Wizard by aNILEator on 03-01-2005 at 10:08 PM

Blah, I've had most of them already tested on me by testers who think i'm on the beta list 8-) I'm not on it yet :P

RE: Coming up in Messenger Plus! 3.50: Configuration Wizard by ~INVASION~ on 03-01-2005 at 11:18 PM

its nice but i really didnt find a use out of it because ive been using plus for a while,but this is very nice for new users(Y)

RE: Coming up in Messenger Plus! 3.50: Configuration Wizard by Wabz on 03-01-2005 at 11:43 PM

Dwergs will have asked for permission to post this news most likely.  Mess.Be and MsgPlus have a very tight link

RE: Coming up in Messenger Plus! 3.50: Configuration Wizard by Ahmad on 03-01-2005 at 11:55 PM

It's a very good feature for the newbies unfamiliar with how to use Plus! and for those that probaby don't even know half the features.

RE: Coming up in Messenger Plus! 3.50: Configuration Wizard by RaceProUK on 03-02-2005 at 08:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
Blah, I've had most of them already tested on me by testers who think i'm on the beta list 8-) I'm not on it yet :P
I've had M_E test the custom sounds feature with me, yet I'm not a tester.
RE: Coming up in Messenger Plus! 3.50: Configuration Wizard by FrozernFire on 03-02-2005 at 08:22 AM

(y) nice feature. really useful for the new users

RE: Coming up in Messenger Plus! 3.50: Configuration Wizard by Hank on 03-02-2005 at 10:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
I've had M_E test the custom sounds feature with me, yet I'm not a tester.

u wouldnt be able to hear the sounds tho?  both would need 3.50 build
RE: Coming up in Messenger Plus! 3.50: Configuration Wizard by The_Thief on 03-02-2005 at 05:37 PM

I read that to.  I was impressed I think it's designed more for the newbie then anything else.  All us PLUS experts don't need it ;)

RE: Coming up in Messenger Plus! 3.50: Configuration Wizard by Shezi on 03-02-2005 at 08:23 PM

well its really a nice stepp from msgplus!...
it will help the novice people.... and it will also play an important role for the publicity of all the feature... some of peoples install msgplus! just for few reason.... i.e. for hidding the banner( currently this feature is removed) and for playing sounds etc.... and by this wizzard the get some tutorials and key feature of msgplus!...;)
i m sure that msgplus! is on rite way....
  KeEp |t Up! .... MsgPlus! and
KeEp |t Up! patchou....;)

RE: Coming up in Messenger Plus! 3.50: Configuration Wizard by Anubis on 03-02-2005 at 08:29 PM

Yeah, I actually liked this when I first saw it, this feature isn't a pain in the ass, it's right to the point and easy to use. And to set up Plus for new users so they have it the way they want should be easy, and cut back on the people who have features enabled they don't and need to come here for help.
3.50 will be quite a landmark to increase the target audience of people who enjoy Plus! and this feature is just one of the small tweaks that will do this.

RE: Coming up in Messenger Plus! 3.50: Configuration Wizard by user35870 on 03-02-2005 at 08:59 PM

sounds good

good for the new users :D

RE: Coming up in Messenger Plus! 3.50: Configuration Wizard by zaidgs on 03-04-2005 at 07:47 PM

im almost sure patchou would have already implemented this suggestion, but in case he dont: such a wizaerd should forget about old plus users .ie. it should prompt to load old preferences saved in a file.... and probably check its existance from the default saving location..

RE: Coming up in Messenger Plus! 3.50: Configuration Wizard by Anubis on 03-04-2005 at 08:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zaidgs

im almost sure patchou would have already implemented this suggestion, but in case he dont: such a wizaerd should forget about old plus users .ie. it should prompt to load old preferences saved in a file.... and probably check its existance from the default saving location..

atm, it doesn't have an option to import them from a file, Messenger Plus 3.50 will keep all your old settings, but yes, it would be useful for people who have just put MsgPlus on a new computer and need the settings transfered over quickly. It's probabally best to e-mail or PM Patchou with this suggestion.