Shoutbox

MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! (/showthread.php?tid=39422)

MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by Caboose on 03-02-2005 at 05:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mess.be

Who'd have thought we are actually going to get most of what we demanded in our sneering ultimatum to Microsoft last month?

- Personalized Status Messages: CHECK.

- Dynamic Display Pictures: SOON.

- Contact List MSN Display Picture Thumbnails: CHECK.

- And finally, a larger Contact List capacity: SOON!

That's right! There were some false rumors earlier, but today we can reveal that the limit on your MSN Messenger Contact List -currently set at 150- will be DOUBLED. Go and start finding some new friends, because this means you'll be able to add and observe the statuses of a total of 300 contacts per Messenger account.

The increase will be carried through together with the official and final release of MSN Messenger 7, scheduled for April.

I only have about 40 contacts, but this is good news for the people that have a full list (Y)
RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by x2zen on 03-02-2005 at 05:15 PM

I have 102 contacts but still :d  Very good to see that they finally will increase it

RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by Plik on 03-02-2005 at 05:16 PM

Its nice to know microsoft do listen to the users :grin:
But ill never need that much space, im not that popular :dodgy:

RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by L. Coyote on 03-02-2005 at 05:22 PM

I never reached to 100 :p

But I know a friend who has 150 and constantly gets added. :rofl:

RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by Millenium_edition on 03-02-2005 at 05:24 PM

yeey :D that's good news, in a few weeks i would have reached the limit with all those forum people :o

oh and Leo, if you say about yourself that you're antisocial, don't expect people to add you :p

RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by The_Thief on 03-02-2005 at 05:30 PM

I only have 10 I suck big time :(

RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by Abz2k4 on 03-02-2005 at 05:35 PM

I have 150 contacts and have been waiting for this feature for a LONG time as it really takes the piss having to delete someone just to be able to add someone else. Im so glad they're finally increasing it though :D

RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by The_Thief on 03-02-2005 at 06:32 PM

pssst open another account or two use different msn names then use polygamy and your lists will be doubled to 700 or more :D

RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by J.J on 03-02-2005 at 08:54 PM

Finally...people have been wanting this for ages, about time if you ask me :P

RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by Dempsey on 03-02-2005 at 08:58 PM

at last, now i dont have to keep deleting ppl (Y)

RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by blackjack on 03-02-2005 at 09:01 PM

Great news :P i was about to post this |-).. i have the contact list full and i have to refuse a lot of people who add me :(.. well with this change probably i will have about 100 contacts online at the same time :P

RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by spokes on 03-02-2005 at 09:11 PM

yay, no more deletin people when someone adds me, lol

RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by jren207 on 03-02-2005 at 10:36 PM

I agree with alot of you, no more deleting people :P

You know those people who like have 2 or 3 different addys (for some reason or another) and you're like, if I delete one, they might be on the other :P

They must be doing some big upgrades as this will require much more space to store extra contact list data...

I wonder if it'll take more time to sign-in as well :S

Oh well, they are listening and i'm happy :D

RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by ~INVASION~ on 03-02-2005 at 10:59 PM

i reached my limit 2 weeks ago and had to do a serious clean up....if only this had come sooner :( lol

RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by Lt.Col.DraGon on 03-02-2005 at 11:00 PM

Great news! I got like 140 ppl on my contact list

RE: RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by haydos on 03-03-2005 at 08:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
i reached my limit 2 weeks ago and had to do a serious clean up....if only this had come sooner :( lol

Thats exactly what i did :dodgy:
there was no need to delete the people now:(
RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by DarKnight on 03-03-2005 at 08:12 AM

This is great.

But I bet we won't see the end of thoes, "How do I make my contact list bigger? questions.

Back when MSNChat was free, I could have had over 300 easily.

RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by Hank on 03-03-2005 at 08:51 AM

i bet we will, see the end of it,

RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by Wabz on 03-03-2005 at 11:49 AM

I can't wait, I've tried cutting down on people on the contact list but it never works, for everyone i remove i add two new ones basically.

300 contacts will be cool though :D

RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by Hank on 03-03-2005 at 11:59 AM

it will be cool  but how often will ya even chat to the full 300 ? rare if u ask me, but then again im Not a MSN Messenger Freak :refuck:

RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by Pr0xY on 03-03-2005 at 04:25 PM

I was fine with the 150 contacts, but I guess 300 will be a nice feature.  Now I can add every active user on this forum to my contact list :refuck:

RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by Concord Dawn on 03-03-2005 at 04:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
I was fine with the 150 contacts, but I guess 300 will be a nice feature.  Now I can add every active user on this forum to my contact list :refuck:

I have about 100 contacts. Not big, but not small.
RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by albert on 03-05-2005 at 04:23 AM

well actully 300 is cool.. but i mean.. ehh.. i used to have a full list.. but.. i mean you only talk to like 80 persons.. so i dont know anyone who actully would talk with 300 persons! but.. wte.. might be usefull for stars or wte lol

RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by Hank on 03-05-2005 at 04:55 AM

true, i only have near 30 on my list :)

RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by DarKnight on 03-06-2005 at 09:11 AM

I also went on a deleting spree. I'm down in the 20s now. I only talk to about 6 of them. :(

RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by Pcdude007 on 03-06-2005 at 01:21 PM

I only got 69 contacts :(.  Ah well, guess I'll have to find more friends.

RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by segosa on 03-06-2005 at 09:04 PM

I ahve 150 and I need to delete people a lot. The MsgPlus contact-list manager helps pick out people who haven't been online for months, but over the years that list has thinned and now there's not really anyone left for me to delete.

RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by FrozernFire on 03-07-2005 at 07:46 AM

anyone knows the limit for the no. of contacts of other IM programs eg. yahoo messenger?

RE: MSN Messenger Contact List Size To Be Doubled! by Fredzz on 03-08-2005 at 12:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DarKnight
I also went on a deleting spree. I'm down in the 20s now. I only talk to about 6 of them. :(

like me! im always cleaning my list.. total i have like 26 or 28.. at least theyre good people, and when a user is online, i know that is someone nice and cool that i can talk too.. :p

quote:
Originally posted by spokes
yay, no more deletin people when someone adds me, lol

you can let that people add you, you dont need to add them to your list though.. they can still talk.. say something.. my list is full, so i cant open a convo window, but you can! there you go :P