Shoutbox

Empty Hotmail - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Empty Hotmail (/showthread.php?tid=39485)

Empty Hotmail by Dempsey on 03-03-2005 at 11:03 PM

Has anyone else been having problems with Hotmail the last few days?  Some of the time it says

code:
There are no messages in this folder.
even though there is over 500 :s  The first time i saw it i thought they'd all been deleted but now i think its just some server problems.

600th Post woo :o)
RE: Empty Hotmail by xpirdwingz on 03-17-2005 at 03:40 PM

Bah, sorry i'm replying to a post over a week old, but yeah!!..i saw that today in my hotmail account too! I was like :O, but then i refreshed and all my messages were there :D.

RE: Empty Hotmail by Jeohri on 03-17-2005 at 04:00 PM

I've been having that problem for a few weeks now. Sometimes I'll sign in on messenger and no e-mail alerts will pop up. But if I check my hotmail there will be messages. Other times I don't even get the alerts to say I've recieved a message. I'm wondering if its something to do with msn 7 because its still in beta.

I tend to check a few times during the day just to make sure I haven't missed anything. Still a bit annoying though.

RE: Empty Hotmail by Dempsey on 03-17-2005 at 04:13 PM

yea i've been having probs with not getting email alerts for a month or so now, occasionally i get them, but most of the time i dont.  But i don't think its a MSN7 thing, cos i only use MSN 6.2

RE: Empty Hotmail by Jeohri on 03-17-2005 at 04:41 PM

I did notice that if you sign out then back in, sometimes it'll give you the alerts. Or once you visit the actually hotmail inbox it'll then decide to tell you how many you've got, like you somehow didn't know.

I'd agree with it being server issues, been a lot of those lately. Can't remember when I started having problems, but its pretty recent that it started, maybe about the same time as yours. Its not like I even get that many e-mails either, so its a pain when you don't know you've got any.

RE: Empty Hotmail by King For A Day on 03-17-2005 at 05:08 PM

i think it is the server ive not been getting mine i nearly missed the alert for plus cos i wasnt gonna come on any forums today then i rmemberd and checked