Shoutbox

Microsoft AntiSpyware - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Microsoft AntiSpyware (/showthread.php?tid=39488)

Microsoft AntiSpyware by hegpau on 03-03-2005 at 11:35 PM

Ok i searched my computer and it came up with like 8,000 signatures about messenger and i was wondering if i can trust this???

RE: Microsoft AntiSpyware by Joa on 03-03-2005 at 11:37 PM

trust the microsoft AnitSpyware beta?
messenger?
or Plus! ..?

RE: Microsoft AntiSpyware by Purity on 03-03-2005 at 11:41 PM

Yes you can trust this, but if you don't want adware on your computer, watch out during the installation for the sponsor agreemant page, it is 100% opptional you can click "I REFUSE...."
:D  But for some weird reason Microsoft's AnitSpyware program detects the whole plus package as malware, when it really isn't. :)

RE: RE: Microsoft AntiSpyware by jtstone1983 on 03-03-2005 at 11:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Purity
Yes you can trust this, but if you don't want adware on your computer, watch out during the installation for the sponsor agreemant page, it is 100% opptional you can click "I REFUSE...."
:D  But for some weird reason Microsoft's AnitSpyware program detects the whole plus package as malware, when it really isn't. :)

Have either of you read the previous thread on Messenger Plus! entitled "Nice software, but why spyware?" Microsoft Anti-Spyware is still in BETA! and because of this it will still detect Messenger Plus as having installed spyware when it actually hasn't.

Not pointing this out to all who have posted already, but to those just questioning it.
RE: Microsoft AntiSpyware by hegpau on 03-03-2005 at 11:50 PM

hmm i see wow u ppl act fast

RE: Microsoft AntiSpyware by L. Coyote on 03-04-2005 at 12:06 AM

This has been discussed many times on these forums. You could search for this, and find more information about it.

Just like jtstone said, since MS Anti-Spyware is in beta (and actually not made by Microsoft) it will detect many programs falsely (not just MsgPlus!).

Messenger Plus! is 100% safe, with or without the sponsor program. (Y)

RE: Microsoft AntiSpyware by Rudy_Pooh on 03-04-2005 at 01:53 AM

ok....I've refused the sponsor software and all of that....but even afta I do this.....I come up wit the blue toolbar comin up everytime I open IE......also I keep gettin browser hijackers......
whats up wit that?  cause I really love plus...and it is hard to do without :D

RE: RE: Microsoft AntiSpyware by jtstone1983 on 03-04-2005 at 01:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Rudy_Pooh
ok....I've refused the sponsor software and all of that....but even afta I do this.....I come up wit the blue toolbar comin up everytime I open IE......also I keep gettin browser hijackers......

Sounds like you have different spyware...did you accept the sponsor program when you first installed plus? If not then just use a different Anti-Spyware removal program---infact just remove Microsoft Anti-Spyware because it's not gonna help you and install a different Spyware removal tool. 

Some other anti-spyware programs I suggest:

Spybot S&D
Adware

If you'll excuse me, I have to go and eat my Chicken Noodle Soup.

Hope that helps :)
RE: Microsoft AntiSpyware by Mike on 03-04-2005 at 02:38 PM

quote:
Can you post some screenshots please? :)
RE: Microsoft AntiSpyware by CookieRevised on 03-04-2005 at 04:06 PM

To clear some things up:

quote:
Originally posted by jtstone1983
Microsoft Anti-Spyware is still in BETA! and because of this it will still detect Messenger Plus as having installed spyware when it actually hasn't.
Wrong.... It is not because it is still in Beta. Even if it was officialy final, it still would detect Plus! the same way as it is now; it has nothing todo with being Beta...

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
Just like jtstone said, since MS Anti-Spyware is in beta (and actually not made by Microsoft).
It IS made by Microsoft. It is based upon GainI meant:Giant, but the MS Anti-Spyware product IS made by Microsoft...

RE: Microsoft AntiSpyware by ShawnZ on 03-04-2005 at 10:57 PM

Its based upon GIANT AntiSpyware, and its basiccily exactly the same. Infact, there are still GIANT libraries in the program folder :O

quote:
Well, did you install the sponser first, then just attempt to reinstall plus without the sponser? Make sure you uninstall Plus! first and check that the sponser has been removed before reinstalling without the sponser.
RE: Microsoft AntiSpyware by Rudy_Pooh on 03-06-2005 at 09:27 PM

i did opt to not install the sponsor software but tool bar and the hijackers are still there......
and about the printscreens, Ill have to reinstall plus and do it so that i can show u guys......cause i uninstalled plus:(.....