Shoutbox

something i dislike bout MSN7 . any1 else agree? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: something i dislike bout MSN7 . any1 else agree? (/showthread.php?tid=39495)

something i dislike bout MSN7 . any1 else agree? by Hank on 03-04-2005 at 02:39 AM

something i hate bout MSN7

why are we forced to use WMP10 just to show the Current songs we are playing ?  will  Microsoft come under attack by doing this.

what Microsoft should do is allow any Player to be used to show the current Song/Album your playing

RE: something i dislike bout MSN7 . any1 else agree? by Hank on 03-04-2005 at 02:47 AM

hope so, coz Winamp has grown on me :)

RE: something i dislike bout MSN7 . any1 else agree? by Caboose on 03-04-2005 at 02:48 AM

There already is a patch to use Winamp :) I'll find a link; it's on mess.be somewhere

[EDIT]: You need to use the Mess Patch and the Winamp Music Plugin (unless the Mess patch does it all automatically :S)

RE: something i dislike bout MSN7 . any1 else agree? by Hank on 03-04-2005 at 02:51 AM

okz thanx.. i'll look around but you prolly know where it is 

RE: something i dislike bout MSN7 . any1 else agree? by MC.POP on 03-04-2005 at 02:58 AM

well since microsoft is the one that did WMP10 then it should support its own product, doesnt that kindof make sense.

RE: something i dislike bout MSN7 . any1 else agree? by Hank on 03-04-2005 at 03:02 AM

no it doesnt.. it does but ya cant force people to use somethingthey dont wanna use, , Freedom of choice, no wonder Linux is making headroads in the desktop an server area,

thankyou for the link Caboose

RE: something i dislike bout MSN7 . any1 else agree? by MC.POP on 03-04-2005 at 03:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Demz
no it doesnt.. it does but ya cant force people to use somethingthey dont wanna use, , Freedom of choice, no wonder Linux is making headroads in the desktop an server area,

thankyou for the link Caboose
well he is not forcing u, and neither it is an option it is a program and if u want to use this is what u got, if u dont like it dont use it.
RE: something i dislike bout MSN7 . any1 else agree? by L. Coyote on 03-04-2005 at 03:04 AM

Didn't TheBlasphemer make something like this? I don't know if it's included in the MessBe Patch or if it's stand-alone. I read that on Mess.Be around the time .0604 got leaked.

RE: something i dislike bout MSN7 . any1 else agree? by Hank on 03-04-2005 at 03:12 AM

i dunno, i dont look @ mess.be all that often now,

RE: something i dislike bout MSN7 . any1 else agree? by Chestah on 03-04-2005 at 06:20 AM

yeah TB made a prog for this, but it doesn't work with the latest 7.0.632 build of msn messenger which of course is for only official beta testers :) i'm sure he'll update this soon :P. and btw Demz the music function on msn messenger does work with itunes :). Microsoft is allowing other programs to use its features :)

RE: something i dislike bout MSN7 . any1 else agree? by Hank on 03-04-2005 at 06:22 AM

Nice, least there doing something right,, maybe the US federal Courts got to them again? :refuck:

RE: something i dislike bout MSN7 . any1 else agree? by J.J on 03-04-2005 at 07:35 AM

I only use windows media player, so it doesn't bother me...

I can understand how some people who don't use media player would be fustrated though...

All they're trying to do is get you to switch to media player and use their program...typical of a company to do that :P

RE: something i dislike bout MSN7 . any1 else agree? by CookieRevised on 03-04-2005 at 10:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
I can understand how some people who don't use media player would be fustrated though...

All they're trying to do is get you to switch to media player and use their program...typical of a company to do that :P
No they aren't!!!...

Nobody is forcing you to use WMP. Like someone said in this thread WMP is their own product so it is more then logical that this is supported by default. Other players can very easly adapt the same technique to send the currently playing song, there is nothing fancy about it. It is NOT up to MS to include all hundreds of different players by default in their MSN Messenger.

It is up to those other companies to support it! This is extremely easy to implement by the way MS made that currentplaying song thingie. And that is also exactly what shaneh did (and TB). He made a patch/plugin/program which in a sense should have been done (and probably will be done in time) by the companies that makes those other players...

So stop bashing MS for once...
RE: something i dislike bout MSN7 . any1 else agree? by haydos on 03-04-2005 at 01:59 PM

ummm cookie i think you quoted the wrong person there, MS was getting a lot worse stick than what you just quoted:S

RE: something i dislike bout MSN7 . any1 else agree? by The_Thief on 03-04-2005 at 03:09 PM

I think down the line that may change or someone will make a crack (not me mind you) but someone that you may use other players like WMP Classic or Winamp or even Real Player in some extreme cases.

RE: something i dislike bout MSN7 . any1 else agree? by x2zen on 03-04-2005 at 03:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by serpico
I think down the line that may change or someone will make a crack (not me mind you) but someone that you may use other players like WMP Classic or Winamp or even Real Player in some extreme cases.
Its not a crack. TB already made a plugin so Winamp can be used and Inky made a plugin so the artist and song name is the other way round, not that hard.
And:
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Other players can very easly adapt the same technique to send the currently playing song, there is nothing fancy about it.

RE: something i dislike bout MSN7 . any1 else agree? by M73A on 03-04-2005 at 03:13 PM

i reckon should include something in mess patch (like the 'enable extra display picture sizes' which gives you a longer list of things to do) and have a longer list of media players in the personal comment box

RE: RE: something i dislike bout MSN7 . any1 else agree? by M73A on 03-04-2005 at 03:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dash
honestly this feature doesnt bother me, but thats just because i use windows media player as my main thing

yea, i like windows media player (Y)

just its nice to have a choice....
RE: something i dislike bout MSN7 . any1 else agree? by CookieRevised on 03-04-2005 at 03:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by inc_haydn
ummm cookie i think you quoted the wrong person there, MS was getting a lot worse stick than what you just quoted:S
I quoted correctly

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
i reckon should include something in mess patch (like the 'enable extra display picture sizes' which gives you a longer list of things to do) and have a longer list of media players in the personal comment box
that's not how it works...

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
just its nice to have a choice....
3rd party applications should implement it, then you have the choice. That's not up to Microsoft; they can't/shouldn't control what other companies do...
RE: something i dislike bout MSN7 . any1 else agree? by albert on 03-05-2005 at 05:27 AM

well i don't like it too, cuz in the informatic world, I personally don't like everything branded from the same company.. I mean when you gettin a new pc, 95% of ur softwares and hardwares ar branded Microsoft.. and the fact that that company is doing so much makes it hard to get the best material in every domain, when it comes to music players, i belive I tunes is the best, but it actully works with Itunes, some ppl have a procblem with it, but I found the solution, I think, read this :

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=39563http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=39563undefined

Now for Winamp, well there are plugins on www.mess.be