Shoutbox

None of my contacts can see me typing?!!? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: None of my contacts can see me typing?!!? (/showthread.php?tid=39497)

None of my contacts can see me typing?!!? by SonicSeven on 03-04-2005 at 02:54 AM

Hey guys, im new to this forum thing, couple of my friends told me that they cannot see what i am typing, you know when you usually type someone something in the bottom of the box it tells you that the person you are talking to is typing to you. For me, my contacts cant see that im typing, I think it has to do with Messenger Plus? can someone help me? I want people to see that I am typing to them. Thanks.

SonicSeven

RE: None of my contacts can see me typing?!!? by dylan! on 03-04-2005 at 02:59 AM

oversized dp?...they might have just told you they cant see what your typing..not that its because your display pic is to big?

RE: None of my contacts can see me typing?!!? by SonicSeven on 03-04-2005 at 03:00 AM

no lol it has nothing to do with my display pic, they jsut cant see what im typing, 4 people said that to me already. its annoying.

quote:
Originally posted by jtstone1983
What version of Plus?

RE: None of my contacts can see me typing?!!? by ShawnZ on 03-04-2005 at 03:35 AM

Sounds like a firewall problem. Do you have any firewalls or routers?

RE: None of my contacts can see me typing?!!? by matty on 03-04-2005 at 07:25 AM

What version of MSN Messenger are you running? Which Windows are you running? Have you tried to end both the MsgPlus.exe process and the MSN Messenger process (msnmsgr.exe) and tried running it without to see if it is a problem with Messenger Plus! or not?

RE: None of my contacts can see me typing?!!? by haydos on 03-04-2005 at 07:36 AM

There is a program which i saw on mess.be a while back which did this purposely, have you downloaded any other addons?

RE: None of my contacts can see me typing?!!? by SonicSeven on 03-04-2005 at 11:46 AM

ok I dont have a firewall, and yes i am connected through a router...I am running msn 6.2 on windows 2000, no i havnt tried uninstalling them and re-isntalling them i should porbably try that, and yes I did download some stuff off mess.be, to get rid of advertisement and so forth, maybe one of them did this :^)

RE: None of my contacts can see me typing?!!? by J.J on 03-04-2005 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSeven
and yes I did download some stuff off mess.be, to get rid of advertisement and so forth

Some patches allow you to hide the 'user is typing message' from your contacts

I suggest you go to add/remove programs, click on msn 6.2, and repair your msn messenger
RE: None of my contacts can see me typing?!!? by haydos on 03-04-2005 at 12:07 PM

From memory (or in other words i could be totally wrong here) this program was bundled with many others, if you re-install each of your add-ons that you have you may be able to tell which plug-in it came from and deselect it

RE: None of my contacts can see me typing?!!? by SonicSeven on 03-04-2005 at 09:06 PM

ok thanks guys

RE: None of my contacts can see me typing?!!? by Zephyr on 03-04-2005 at 10:39 PM

I think it was messenger discovery that disabled the user typing thing.

RE: None of my contacts can see me typing?!!? by ShawnZ on 03-04-2005 at 10:43 PM

I think the error that is happening here is that they cant see his messanges, not that they cant see when hes typing

Try changing your current font to MS Sans Serif, Arial, or Tahoma and see if it resolves the issue.

RE: None of my contacts can see me typing?!!? by Zephyr on 03-04-2005 at 10:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSeven
you know when you usually type someone something in the bottom of the box it tells you that the person you are talking to is typing to you. For me, my contacts cant see that im typing... I want people to see that I am typing to them. Thanks.

SonicSeven

I think he his actually referring to the "user is typing" message.
RE: None of my contacts can see me typing?!!? by SonicSeven on 03-05-2005 at 01:42 PM

http://www.mess.be/msnmessengerfaq/idx/0/067/arti...ssage_appear.html/

So, i guess the patch is called nega? lol

RE: None of my contacts can see me typing?!!? by haydos on 03-05-2005 at 01:51 PM

Yeah thats the one i was thinking of before, have you been able to solve the problem?

RE: None of my contacts can see me typing?!!? by King For A Day on 03-05-2005 at 05:06 PM

i thnk thats the jrnzreloader

not sure if the name is right but thats makes it disapera i think i tend to not realy use many addons

RE: None of my contacts can see me typing?!!? by Apatik on 03-05-2005 at 10:50 PM

jnrzloader just allows polygamy and signing-in with the appear offline status...

RE: RE: None of my contacts can see me typing?!!? by SonicSeven on 03-06-2005 at 03:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by inc_haydn
Yeah thats the one i was thinking of before, have you been able to solve the problem?

no, not yet. but do u guys know what. I think im going to keep it :P its kinda cool, sometimes i type stuff and my contacts see me typing, but then i realize i didnt wanna type that. so now its all good cuz they cant see me typing at all!!! woohoo lol
RE: None of my contacts can see me typing?!!? by linx05 on 03-06-2005 at 04:59 AM

Messenger Discovery allows it and disallows it and forces the other people to have 'user is typing' message.