Shoutbox

Do you believe in ghosts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Do you believe in ghosts (/showthread.php?tid=39545)

Do you believe in ghosts by M73A on 03-04-2005 at 09:17 PM

So.......do you ^^

post your beliefs, experiences or ideas.....

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by ~INVASION~ on 03-04-2005 at 10:00 PM

yes for sure i have stories but im not gonna tell them i already did enough typing in the heaven or hell thread :dodgy:

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by M73A on 03-04-2005 at 10:10 PM

lol, oh come on! its interesting to hear peoples experiences....

im reading dis book 'atlas of the supernatural' its full of diferent stuff, if nefin relevant comes up it wont b a waste of tym, lol

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by Ash_ on 03-04-2005 at 10:12 PM

cant wait to hear traxor's stories.

btw im a believer in ghosts, i've seen/heard some pretty weird shit and my friends house is supposed to be haunted :undecided:

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by M73A on 03-04-2005 at 10:17 PM

lol kool. there was supposidly a 'haunted' house in the cemetery at the top of this park opposite my house.....was falling apart, apparently above the fireplace were loads of 666 stars and was really dark in there coz windows borded up.....it got demolished 2 years ago now tho, lol

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by DJeX on 03-04-2005 at 10:40 PM

Yes I do believe in Ghosts. Ghosts are lost spirits that get lost on the way out of the body. They get stuck in the middle and don't know where to go until someone tells them to go to the light or they find there way.

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by user27089 on 03-04-2005 at 11:22 PM

yes I've had several experiences in my family.

RE: RE: Do you believe in ghosts by M73A on 03-04-2005 at 11:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
yes I've had several experiences in my family.

what happened then?
RE: Do you believe in ghosts by siebe on 03-05-2005 at 01:43 AM

Yes, I believe in them.. Even though I didnt have experiences with them whatsoever. However, sometimes a creepy feeling is chilling down my spine when I walk up the stairs at night.. Like a little boy is watching from the hall. *Shivers*

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by user44571 on 03-05-2005 at 02:01 AM

i do, i dunno why but part of me believe's in em, i watched some pretty weird ghost things on t.v and they seemed hell real

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by andrey on 03-05-2005 at 02:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dash
i do, i dunno why but part of me believe's in em, i watched some pretty weird ghost things on t.v and they seemed hell real
^o)
Do you believe everything you see in tv ? Ever heard of........special effects ? :p

Nah...I don't believe in ghosts.
But: I may change my mind if anyone can tell me of one or two occasions where "ghosty" happenings/appearances couldn't be explained by science or weren't hoaxes. :tongue:
RE: Do you believe in ghosts by Hank on 03-05-2005 at 02:52 AM

i 0nce had a Ghost try an s3x0r m3 up hows dat for a g00d st0ry

RE: RE: Do you believe in ghosts by Vantage on 03-05-2005 at 02:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Demz
i 0nce had a Ghost try an s3x0r m3 up hows dat for a g00d st0ry

Same here.....never though a ghost would be a homosexual.

anyways enough of my immature stuff....

I dont believe in ghost really, i mean something that died is suppose to be gone right?, this is one of those things for me Ill believe it when i see it type of thing.
RE: Do you believe in ghosts by user44571 on 03-05-2005 at 03:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Demz
Do you believe everything you see in tv ? Ever heard of........special effects ?

Nah...I don't believe in ghosts.
But: I may change my mind if anyone can tell me of one or two occasions where "ghosty" happenings/appearances couldn't be explained by science or weren't hoaxes.

the noises outside my window:P:P
RE: Do you believe in ghosts by SikStyles on 03-05-2005 at 03:08 AM

i once saw a dark man figure peek at the door and then go away ..
it was creepy..it was at this abandoned house they cudnt finish builidng and it the ceiling was all black because bums build campfires there ..

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by user44571 on 03-05-2005 at 03:18 AM

my family used to have some kind of breathing guy, whenever my dad went over state, somebody would call us, and just deeply breath, than they would leave it on our answering machine, but it only happened when dad left, how did they know, were they a stalker o.0,

p.s. whenever he called we slept with hockey stickes incase we needed self defense if the mystery man came

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by Purity on 03-05-2005 at 03:27 AM

Yes, some expiriences also.....

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by J.J on 03-05-2005 at 03:35 AM

I'm not sure if i beleive in ghosts, i think i lean towards that they are real...

I've never had any experiences, but heard some stories...some of them freak me out :|

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by Dane on 03-05-2005 at 04:13 AM

I believe in ghosts because I have had many paranormal activities in my lifetime.  Details are for later when im not so tired though.

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by MC.POP on 03-05-2005 at 04:26 AM

nah i dont believe in ghosts, but i heard some freaky stories and i was troubled when i thought about them.

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by Joa on 03-05-2005 at 04:37 AM

O.o

i dunno what to believe anymore, anything's possible. although some stuff is VERY disturbing :| ..

all i do know is i never wanna come across some weird ass ghost. i'd probably freak out like crazy.

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by MC.POP on 03-05-2005 at 04:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Z_Joanna_ZZZ
O.o

i dunno what to believe anymore, anything's possible. although some stuff is VERY disturbing :| ..

all i do know is i never wanna come across some weird ass ghost. i'd probably freak out like crazy.
well the first thing i would think about if i saw a ghost is what it might do to me, like would it hurt u or is it just an image.
RE: Do you believe in ghosts by Joa on 03-05-2005 at 04:48 AM

Aaaa! a ghost could hurt someone? :| i never considered that possibility.. i always thought of them changing shapes and just freaking u out and stuff

:|

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by MC.POP on 03-05-2005 at 04:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Z_Joanna_ZZZ
Aaaa! a ghost could hurt someone? :| i never considered that possibility.. i always thought of them changing shapes and just freaking u out and stuff

:|
uhhhhhhh i dont know but it might be freaky but i am not scared, being scared of it might cause it to appear, thats what i think,
RE: Do you believe in ghosts by blackjack on 03-05-2005 at 04:53 AM

Possibly they can hurt :P somehow.. i heard alot of stories about ghost telling that someone heard a noise in the night when nobody was in that place etc.. and Have you heard about that thing of McDonalds? :P (fake obviously) someone sit in a McDonalds (where the clown Ronald McDonald is) and said.. im really tired.. then the clown response im tired too.. and that man die in shock :| :P reporters and police went to the scene of crime but then someone discover it was just a lie and a fake story 8o|

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by Joa on 03-05-2005 at 05:00 AM

man, i hope they cant hurt ppl and i hope especially that they dont appear when somebody is scared of them :S . if they do, than i'm doomed. its all over.

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by st0rm on 03-05-2005 at 05:08 AM

i believe in them, but ive never really had experiences. my grandparents place is around old heritage houses and places like that and at night i get scared of ghostly things esp near the fire station. theres a really old house near it and when i was there one evening i could hear creepy stuff. one of my friends place was supposedly haunted by ghosts and everytime i slept over all you could hear was things banging on walls and stuff...

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by M73A on 03-05-2005 at 09:52 AM

hurt people - poltergeists?
maybe stigmata? (i think thats the name of when cuts open up on ppls bodies unexplainably*-))

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by John Anderton on 03-05-2005 at 10:35 AM

Yes i am :P

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by mad_onion on 03-05-2005 at 04:37 PM

no ghosts do not exist. anyone that thinks they see one is just scared or hallucinating or mabye that human just cant explain because we arent intelligent enough but there arent ghosts i wouldnt think. seems too weird to be real to me.

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by blackjack on 03-05-2005 at 05:07 PM

mad_onion look at your back :P someone is standing behind you :P at the time you are reading this IT dissapear :P

You better believe 8-| noone know what could happen :P its like that thread about heaven or hell.. its about beliefs :P if you can believe in heaven you can believe in ghosts i think :P that why i believe 8-|

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by .Roy on 03-05-2005 at 05:12 PM

well i dont believe in ghosts but..

in my old house when i went to my parents room to get something, the tv turned on by itself and no one was in the room, and it made the grayish noise thing.. Like in the movie The Ring...

IT HAPPENED MORE THEN ONCE..

seriously.. it gave me a chill on my spine

RE: RE: Do you believe in ghosts by M73A on 03-05-2005 at 06:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DureX
well i dont believe in ghosts but..

in my old house when i went to my parents room to get something, the tv turned on by itself and no one was in the room, and it made the grayish noise thing.. Like in the movie The Ring...

IT HAPPENED MORE THEN ONCE..

seriously.. it gave me a chill on my spine

tv snow? white noise, lol Movie Site
RE: Do you believe in ghosts by .Roy on 03-05-2005 at 07:01 PM

whats the connection?

RE: RE: Do you believe in ghosts by M73A on 03-05-2005 at 07:30 PM

quote:
whats the connection?

u seen the film?

tv snow is what you see, white noise is the sound you hear when your tv is on snow.

theres lots of tv snow, thats how the characters gets messages from his dead wife.....
RE: Do you believe in ghosts by user44571 on 03-06-2005 at 02:39 AM

i once walked into the lounge room, and the stereo started playing on its own, soi got freaked out and thought we were haunted

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by Hank on 03-06-2005 at 02:57 AM

i did see a show about some Ghosts on Paytv once, was interesting but i dunno if i believe in them cause of that show, lots of the Ghosts were in NewZealand :refuck:

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by ShawnZ on 03-06-2005 at 03:18 AM

heh we are doing a debate about this in school :P

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by Pipish on 03-06-2005 at 03:21 AM

i cant say i belive and i cant say i dont belive but i'm not sure if something scary happens i see it as a conincidence

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by Hank on 03-06-2005 at 03:45 AM

to a Point if you believe in Sciences (however you spell it) when you light a candle an you talk to the dead relative,  i guess that can be the same feeling as seeing a Ghost or whatever

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by Anubis on 03-06-2005 at 03:01 PM

quote:

in my old house when i went to my parents room to get something, the tv turned on by itself and no one was in the room
Have you heard of sleep timers?...It's not hard to accidentally set them on most TVs...also a momentary power cut could cause a similar effect, and the white noise could be caused by the tele switching off in an instant.

quote:

i once walked into the lounge room, and the stereo started playing on its own, soi got freaked out and thought we were haunted
Again, when this happens, it's usually some dodgy timer, perhaps someone left it on or a similar IR frequency was emitted from something else which caused it to activate. These occurrences are far more likely than Ghosts...

quote:
Originally posted by MC.POP
being scared of it might cause it to appear, thats what i think
It's more likely to trip something in your brain that makes you aware for something, so you look for whatever you are looking out for and when you see something similar you may have a momentary feeling of a Ghost or see something similar.

quote:
Originally posted by st0rm
and everytime i slept over all you could hear was things banging on walls and stuff...
Could just be the wind...
RE: Do you believe in ghosts by Tasha on 03-06-2005 at 04:03 PM

I believe in ghosts. Like in our old school, in one room, the door would be closed shut tight to our classroom, and everyone would be sitting in there seats, and it wouldn't even be windy, and then suddenly, the door would open. Once we even saw the handle move, and NO-ONE was outside the door.

And then there are things where I feel someone or something watching me, but nothing is there.

And it can be perfectly warm, and I get a sudden shiver. I've heard that ghosts do that if they walk through you or something.. *-)

It hasn't been completely proven or completely disproven. I reckon ghosts are the restless spirits of our souls, when we die. (Something like that..)

*shivers and darts looks around* All this talk of ghosts is creeping me out. (No, i'm not paranoid).

EDIT: Typos. >.<

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by vacuumo on 03-06-2005 at 04:21 PM

Ghosts are complete bull.
But, if they DO happen to exist, I swear I'll become a Ghostbuster.

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by .Roy on 03-06-2005 at 04:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
quote:

in my old house when i went to my parents room to get something, the tv turned on by itself and no one was in the room
Have you heard of sleep timers?...It's not hard to accidentally set them on most TVs...also a momentary power cut could cause a similar effect, and the white noise could be caused by the tele switching off in an instant.

quote:

Again, when this happens, it's usually some dodgy timer, perhaps someone left it on or a similar IR frequency was emitted from something else which caused it to activate. These occurrences are far more likely than Ghosts...

quote:
Originally posted by MC.POP
being scared of it might cause it to appear, thats what i think
It's more likely to trip something in your brain that makes you aware for something, so you look for whatever you are looking out for and when you see something similar you may have a momentary feeling of a Ghost or see something similar.

quote:
Originally posted by st0rm
and everytime i slept over all you could hear was things banging on walls and stuff...
Could just be the wind...

i think it was the timer.. Cuz i always saw it popped up and i didnt understand what it was.. THANKS
RE: Do you believe in ghosts by user44571 on 03-06-2005 at 04:29 PM

quote:

there is no timer, and the music wasnt music we knew of, i think somebody was turning on a cd player somewhere to trick me
RE: Do you believe in ghosts by dotNorma on 03-07-2005 at 02:50 AM

Alot of "parinormal" things happened to me in the 4th grade...but other then that year, nothing really happened to me.

Like on time, I was riding my bike to my house with a friend at 11 or 12 PM. We were just passing under a street light and it was pretty bright. But suddenly, The noise of a flag ruffling appeared along with the shadow of it waving. BOTH my friend and I looked up and then at each other, there was no flag around and the shadow was gone. It wouldn't of been so weird...but BOTH of us saw it.

Another time, I was riding my bike to a friends house with two friends. I got pretty tired and I started to lag behind them. I started feeling like you do when you pass out...Woozy and your eye sight gets fuzzy...And I almost pass out (My eyes closed). One of my friends ahead yells, "Oh Sh*t" and my eyes open and I was UPSIDE down in mid air. As my eyes opened, I started to fall and landed on the cement, my back on the other side of the road. I actually knocked out two loose teeth when I landed.

We couldn't explain either of them...

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by nemo on 03-07-2005 at 07:09 AM

I vote no, mainly because I've never encountered anything similar to these beings you call "ghosts".

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by squall_leonhart69r on 03-07-2005 at 10:51 AM

my mums a medium of sorts and sos my sister

i have some ability and a pic of something resembling a presence

[Image: f54ced43.jpg]

now thats freaky

and mum sez theres 6 ghosts in that picture alone !!!! :O

i can only see 1 clearly and 2 a lil less clearly

note to self.. i hate that pic it sends a shiver through me coz she stares right at you

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by user44571 on 03-07-2005 at 12:04 PM

i can see a boy in that picture, but his head is cut of by the top of the pik

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by squall_leonhart69r on 03-07-2005 at 12:13 PM

its a man,

the guy sed it was a reflection of him taking the picture

only problem is my mum swears that both his hands are in his pockets

and there is a face in the circle in the corner of the glass door

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by user44571 on 03-07-2005 at 12:37 PM

your mum is right, theres something haunted bout dat pik

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by squall_leonhart69r on 03-07-2005 at 12:47 PM

yeah

my lil sister (whom we didn't even know had the ability) pointed out a little girl and my mum sed she was right

i myself have some psychic ability, and i can feel moods, and stuff, and i have this uncanny ability to wake up about a minute before i get an sms or dinners ready

also, as much as i can't really see ghosts, the one in that pic wants to be seen which changes things,

if you watch for awhile you'll notice she ages and moves

to the left of her is a stillborn child (sunken spots for eyes)
and above her is her son (the only member of the family to die of old age)

thats all i can see

but if i focus i can see the forms of another

after that i get scared, and to be able to see them you can't be scared, becoz it interferes and blocks the sub conscious, and its our sub concious that allows such things

strangely, i have an accuracy rating of 7/10 for picking off haunted pictures

and also

my grand parents come visiting quite often (they died when i was younger)

but even wierder
people if you notice things moving out the corner of your eyes when and if your tired

don't be afraid unless you feel a chill

a ghost that emits cold is usually mean spirited but sometimes they are just a little lost

warmer ghosts tend to stick around to guide and protect

and if you ever come across a nexas of psychic energy

GET THE HELL OUT

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by user44571 on 03-07-2005 at 12:50 PM

ok, youre the reason im sleeping with a light on tonight:|

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by squall_leonhart69r on 03-07-2005 at 01:04 PM

lol

join the club.. i get freaked so easily now and i've seen alot of shit in my life

but what you can't see is frickin terrifying

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by user44571 on 03-07-2005 at 01:11 PM

aaaaahh, i saw some kinda deformed head

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by John on 03-07-2005 at 01:25 PM

I believe in science, not ghosts. :P

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by squall_leonhart69r on 03-07-2005 at 01:25 PM

its not deformed its the way its looking

theres a full face there

eyes and nose anda  mouth clear as day

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by user44571 on 03-07-2005 at 01:28 PM

omg, now i see the unborn baby, or something, it looks like a face

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by John on 03-07-2005 at 01:29 PM

I can take a blury pic with my phone, add some light and dark spots in with Paint Shop that look like a face and say it's a ghost. It's not that hard. All the 'face' is, in that photo, is variations of darkening and lightening of the colour of the floor there.

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by squall_leonhart69r on 03-07-2005 at 01:35 PM

sorry jaguar, your wrong

the entire floor is the same colour and lighting is enough to not cause those variations

also, how do you explain the face in the corner

1. you can't

2. you can't see ghosts or auras, and my mother can see both so id tend to believe her more then someone who just posts to be skepic

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by John on 03-07-2005 at 01:53 PM

By, "the face in the corner", I'm assuming you meant the face in the bottom right red circle.

How can I explain that face? Simple: You take a photo of a floor, open it in an imaging editing program, add some light and dark spots that resemble a face and hey presto!, you've got a 'ghost'.

If it's not that then it's just a coinsidence.

Here's a way (out of many) to prove that ghosts cannot exsist: I'm sure you think that ghosts can think, right? Well for something to be able to think, it needs solid matter (a brain) and inside that solid matter, electrical and chemical reactions have to take place, for it to be able to think. (That's the shortest way you can define what thinking physically is.)

But.. I'm sure you'd say that ghosts are see-through or even invisible, right? Well solid matter can never be invisible, (you can see glass even though it's see-through). So since you need solid matter to think, ghosts wouldnt be able to think, and something that isnt able to think, wouldnt be able to do all the things you say ghosts can do, would it?

P.s., I'm not skepticize anything, so don't call me a skeptic. What I'm saying are pure facts, I'm not being skeptic about anything. (To skepticize: To always have doubt, or to pretend to doubt everything.)

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by squall_leonhart69r on 03-07-2005 at 01:56 PM

no fool

ghosts refract light

they aren't solid nor are they invisible

they just need to be in a certain light to become visible

ectoplasm refracts light to the point of non existence

and if that picture isn't real then why does she blink as i look at it?

RE: RE: Do you believe in ghosts by John on 03-07-2005 at 01:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by squall_leonhart69r
no fool

ghosts refract light

they aren't solid nor are they invisible

they just need to be in a certain light to become visible

ectoplasm refracts light to the point of non existence

and if that picture isn't real then why does she blink as i look at it?

You just proved my point: Something that isn't solid cannot think, that's a pure fact. Thus gosts cannot excist like how you say they do, if they can't think.
RE: Do you believe in ghosts by squall_leonhart69r on 03-07-2005 at 02:01 PM

ectoplasm also produces electro impulses which is how they think

it also can bring a room the chill point and even raise it a few degrees

and you don't need electric impulses to think

all you need is cells,

and ghosts have cells

you can't prove that they don't exist and i can't prove that they do

but all i know is the proof is more in the favour that they do, in the eyes of the church (which i don't follow) as well as in the eyes of science which have found many unexplainable phenomon

and as i said, my mum saw the spirits auras in the picture, so that shunts your theory comlpletely

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by John on 03-07-2005 at 02:18 PM

First of all, ectoplasm is a word that was made up to discribe something that has never been proven to exist.

Secondly, if you're saying ghosts are ectoplasm, but then saying ghosts have cells, you're saying two oppisites. Ectoplasm (from what Freud describes it to be) isnt supposed to consist of cells, nor solid matter.

If ghosts were real, they'd be able to think, right? So listen to me, for something to think it needs to have solid matter (a brain), and since you can always see solid matter, it would mean that we'd always be able to see ghosts.

"and as i said, my mum saw the spirits auras in the picture, so that shunts your theory comlpletely"
How in the world does that shunt my theory? If I told someone that I saw a whale flying yesterday, would that automatically 'shunt' the theory that whales cant fly? I don't think so. Saying something, without proof, can never prove anything right or wrong.

P.s. You said: "and you don't need electric impulses to think" Well I'm sorry to say, when you think, you trigger chemical and electrical reactions in your brain. How do you think your brains tell your muslcles to move? Through electrical reactions that run through your nerves.

It's amazing how a bit of fog can, so quickly, convince someone that ghosts exist.

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by squall_leonhart69r on 03-07-2005 at 02:27 PM

no, its amazing how skeptics find any reason not to believe

im not a believe in the church or god

but if you remember

people have out of body experiences

and during those times, brain activity functions on a low level only allowing the systems that need to run (such as heart and lungs) to keel going while the person is drifting

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by andrey on 03-07-2005 at 02:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by squall_leonhart69r
no, its amazing how skeptics find any reason not to believe

im not a believe in the church or god

but if you remember

people have out of body experiences

and during those times, brain activity functions on a low level only allowing the systems that need to run (such as heart and lungs) to keel going while the person is drifting
A BRAIN !!
Something ghosts don't have, get it ?
Ghosts do not exist :p
RE: Do you believe in ghosts by John on 03-07-2005 at 02:34 PM

I've told you already, I'm not being a skeptic. I'm telling you pure facts which prove that it's not possible for ghosts to exist. It's not that I don't want to believe, give me proof and I'll believe. I think it would be quite interesting if ghosts were real. But I know for a face that they're not, because I can prove that they cant be real.

"people have out of body experiences"
So they say.. That's also something that's never been proven. So I'm not going to just believe that, in the same manner as people just believe in ghosts without having any proof.

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by squall_leonhart69r on 03-07-2005 at 02:49 PM

exactly

but theres no proof to say that your right either

and theres alot of unexplainable crap in the world

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by The_Thief on 03-07-2005 at 04:21 PM

Sometimes I do then I see it's only a shadow of me :D

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by squall_leonhart69r on 03-07-2005 at 04:41 PM

lol well its when things move that arent sposed to that somethings on

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by user27089 on 03-07-2005 at 04:44 PM

I definitely believe in ghosts, all of this nonsence that jaguar is say is BS, I can't believe how narrow-minded you are, ecto-plasm is not a made up word at all, plasma is another state, have you ever seen those electric ball things that you touch, thats plasma in that which looks like electric bolts... This is pretty much what ghosts will be made up of, these 'beings' are simply the spirits of people, and can only be seen when they want to be seen, they do things for reasons, they can't harm you, they can cause mischeif, but they won't harm anybody at all, as I said, if they appear and you see one, there is no point in being afraid, there is probably reasons why its there, possibly trying to tell you something, when you hear bangs in the night, this may be because they are trying to tell you something, i can assure that there is an afterlife, and this also leads to the 'haunting' of places, where you may hear things, they are simply spirits, they may be bad, or they may be mischevious...

I myself have had many encounters, and so has my family and friends, it generally only happens to those who are open to the fact that spirits exist, or just those who are open minded anyway, but still, I can't prove that they are or aren't real, I'm just saying this from experience. Just like squall, my family are pretty much clairvoyents, I personally, can look at somebody and concentrate and see their aurora, I'm still trying to concentrate harder, but I can only really see their glow, not any colours yet, but I am becoming more tuned in and can see a slight colouration, but my father, can see the full colour, and has many encounters with ghosts. He goes to spiritualist groups, and I know many of them, they can say pretty insane things, some I do not know, and they say things about me, which are quite factual, my dad can close his eyes, and he can get through things, its scary, as if the spirits are speaking to him, I have a video of him meditating, and there are 'orbs' everywhere, I'll show you if you want?

quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar
By, "the face in the corner", I'm assuming you meant the face in the bottom right red circle.

How can I explain that face? Simple: You take a photo of a floor, open it in an imaging editing program, add some light and dark spots that resemble a face and hey presto!, you've got a 'ghost'.

If it's not that then it's just a coinsidence.

Here's a way (out of many) to prove that ghosts cannot exsist: I'm sure you think that ghosts can think, right? Well for something to be able to think, it needs solid matter (a brain) and inside that solid matter, electrical and chemical reactions have to take place, for it to be able to think. (That's the shortest way you can define what thinking physically is.)

But.. I'm sure you'd say that ghosts are see-through or even invisible, right? Well solid matter can never be invisible, (you can see glass even though it's see-through). So since you need solid matter to think, ghosts wouldnt be able to think, and something that isnt able to think, wouldnt be able to do all the things you say ghosts can do, would it?

I think that you can simply say, 'oh its a fake' but have you taken the time to consider that this picture may be real, it looks pretty real to me, photoshopping such a thing so precisely so that only certain people can see things would be pretty difficult don't you think? How can you just push it away as 'coincidence'?

Jaguar, jellyfish have no optical nerves and no brain, think about that ;).

Who said anything about this matter being solid, its ectoplasm, thats not solid, its in a different state, is fire solid, its unstable, how do you know that these forms aren't unstable, I'm pretty sure that you don't, and, I can assure you that there are many things that we do not know about already, we don't know everything about science yet, there are more than 3 states of matter mate.

quote:
First of all, ectoplasm is a word that was made up to discribe something that has never been proven to exist.

Secondly, if you're saying ghosts are ectoplasm, but then saying ghosts have cells, you're saying two oppisites. Ectoplasm (from what Freud describes it to be) isnt supposed to consist of cells, nor solid matter.

"and as i said, my mum saw the spirits auras in the picture, so that shunts your theory comlpletely"
How in the world does that shunt my theory? If I told someone that I saw a whale flying yesterday, would that automatically 'shunt' the theory that whales cant fly? I don't think so. Saying something, without proof, can never prove anything right or wrong.

It's amazing how a bit of fog can, so quickly, convince someone that ghosts exist.

Ectoplasm isn't a made up word, its a scientific word used for a certain state.

No it wouldn't shunt your theory at all, its because what you're saying is completely unbelievable, but to see something like a ghost would not be so unbelievable as sightings of ghosts and other supernatural happenings are so frequent, they aren't classed as 'fake' really anymore, so him saying this, would be believable, through trust and many other factors.

Hmm, this 'bit of fog' you talk about may be a lot of fog, not even fog at all, this guy would probably have had experiences...

quote:
I've told you already, I'm not being a skeptic. I'm telling you pure facts which prove that it's not possible for ghosts to exist. It's not that I don't want to believe, give me proof and I'll believe. I think it would be quite interesting if ghosts were real. But I know for a face that they're not, because I can prove that they cant be real.

"people have out of body experiences"
So they say.. That's also something that's never been proven. So I'm not going to just believe that, in the same manner as people just believe in ghosts without having any proof.

I'm pretty sure that what you are doing is being sceptical, I find your meaning a little bit dodgy, I think that sceptical means unsure :-/. I'll try and get some proof, I'm not sure if you'll believe or anything, I'll try and upload the footage of my dad meditating to the computer, but my bastard host has gone bankrupt :-/. So I may have to use somebody elses hosting :-/.
RE: Do you believe in ghosts by wacky on 03-07-2005 at 04:50 PM

:rolleyes:

it's all in the mind and lots of people make up fake stories about them...

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by andrey on 03-07-2005 at 04:58 PM

lol okay, I haven't really seen any ghosts jet, that's everything I can say...
feel free to post the video traxor :p

Btw, are you very religious ?
I could guess there's a connection between if you are "religious" or not and if you believe in ghosts / don't belive in ghosts.

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by user27089 on 03-07-2005 at 04:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrey
lol okay, I haven't really seen any "ghosts" jet, that's everything I can say...
feel free to post the video traxor :p

I could guess there's a connection between if you are "religious" or not and if you believe in ghosts / don't belive in ghosts.

I'm quite religious yes...
RE: Do you believe in ghosts by squall_leonhart69r on 03-07-2005 at 05:00 PM

psychic energy is what ectoplasm is made of

and you know what

its been proven to exist (psychic energy that is)

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by user27089 on 03-07-2005 at 05:14 PM

check out these pictures:

[Image: ghost1.jpg]

[Image: ghost2.jpg]

[Image: ghost4.jpg]

[Image: ghost6.jpg]

[Image: ghost7.jpg]

[Image: civilwar.jpg]

[Image: weird.jpg]

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by M73A on 03-07-2005 at 05:22 PM

wheres the ghost in the pic with the guy in the graveyard ^o)

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by user27089 on 03-07-2005 at 05:25 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=398576]

answer your feeble question :refuck:

joking dude ;). :p

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by squall_leonhart69r on 03-07-2005 at 05:25 PM

the last one is faked by using the fps of the camera against it

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by M73A on 03-07-2005 at 05:26 PM

lol, oh yea, didnt notice that there...it dont really seem to be with the rest of the picture there though.

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by andrey on 03-07-2005 at 05:35 PM

hm...that's what wacky said, too many people make stories up about such things, most of these pics are probably fake...

You know there are many ufo pictures that people put say are real...it's kinda the same thing

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by squall_leonhart69r on 03-07-2005 at 05:40 PM

most of those are fake

they have been retouched

the only one that is real is the little boy in the field, he even has a little dog with him

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by M73A on 03-07-2005 at 05:45 PM

sorry if these are slow....crappy server for the site i guess....
[Image: party1.jpg] - womanly figure top left of child
[Image: Palmyra2.jpg] - orbs in the top left
[Image: gallimore.jpg] - why would that happen!
[Image: img001.jpg] weird...
[Image: story1b.jpg] - face!
[Image: ghostpic1.jpg] wtf

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by squall_leonhart69r on 03-07-2005 at 05:49 PM

all fake, i couldn't feel anything from any of em

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by Tasha on 03-07-2005 at 05:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrey

I'm not religious one bit. So that doesn't have anything to do with it. :undecided:

And i'm open-minded. I've seen things, may just be imagination, but may not be. If anyone ever totally proved they didn't exsist, and gave me definite proof, then i'd believe that ghoats don't exsist. But i'm sure they do. Like you know when you imagine you see something, then blink and it's gone? I've always thought that probably is something real, but you can't prove or disprove it.

And tbh, none of those pictures are real. :undecided: If ghosts really exsist, then you wouldn't be able to photograph a ghost. Thats been proven, that you can't photograph them.

EDIT: Oh, and there is FAR FAR more to life then just human beings and things with 'brains'. No-one can prove anything though. Think of UFO's, think of the Bermuda Triangle.

Bermuda Triangle: Things that fly or sail or go through there just disappear. There was these planes once, who got lost over there, they radioed to the people back at base, and they couldn't see where they were going, and then they just disappeared, and they never heard another thing. Then a rescue boat went out to investigate, and that just disappeared too.

But nothing like that can ever be proven, just like ghosts and UFO's. No-one will ever know what happens to them, no-one will ever no if the things they think exist.

And think of the Titanic. That went down because of a mummy's curse apparently. Read this: http://my.execpc.com/~reva/html3d1.htm

Sorry for rambling, and sorry if it makes no sense. :p
RE: Do you believe in ghosts by user27089 on 03-07-2005 at 05:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
Thats been proven, that you can't photograph them.

Nope, that isn't factual at all, there have been many photographic instances of ghosts and stuff, and things happenening... The most frequent photographic instances are orbs.
RE: RE: Do you believe in ghosts by M73A on 03-07-2005 at 05:58 PM

quote:
And tbh, none of those pictures are real. :undecided: If ghosts really exsist, then you wouldn't be able to photograph a ghost. Thats been proven, that you can't photograph them.

suppose......why can't you photograph them? what about orbs? they show up on film
RE: Do you believe in ghosts by squall_leonhart69r on 03-07-2005 at 06:06 PM

ghosts refract light which is why they show up on film even when you can't seem them yourself when taking the picture

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by Rik on 03-07-2005 at 07:37 PM

here is an web site with many photos!
I think that some of them are fake!

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by squall_leonhart69r on 03-07-2005 at 08:55 PM

most of the ghosts on that site theres only about 3 real pics

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by King For A Day on 03-07-2005 at 09:13 PM

nah i realy dont go 4 that kind of thing just oesnt work 4 me, i have no reason to believe, same with religeon

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by Tasha on 03-07-2005 at 09:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by King For A Day
nah i realy dont go 4 that kind of thing just oesnt work 4 me, i have no reason to believe, same with religeon

You have no reason to believe... But you have no reason  to not believe... Think about it. ;)
RE: Do you believe in ghosts by Rik on 03-07-2005 at 09:58 PM

That site has a note:

quote:
Webmaster's Note: So, real or not? That's up to you to decide! Remember, every photo we feature here on our site is for entertainment purposes only. All in all, I think this one is pretty cool either way!

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by M73A on 03-07-2005 at 09:59 PM

hmm this thread has made me think....i believe in ghosts less now...but  ghosts would explain lots of noises and things that happen, coz some of the science answers sound complete bull...

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by mwe99 on 03-07-2005 at 10:41 PM

yep i do, apparently when i was about 5 we lived in this place, and my mum went downstairs and left me alone... i started screaming and she ran up and i kept screaming "dont let her take me" but apparently we did always have the "haunted" room... about a week later my friend got it (she lived in the room next door to us - her mum found her screaming "dont let her take me" too :S:|

RE: RE: Do you believe in ghosts by M73A on 03-07-2005 at 11:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
yep i do, apparently when i was about 5 we lived in this place, and my mum went downstairs and left me alone... i started screaming and she ran up and i kept screaming "dont let her take me" but apparently we did always have the "haunted" room... about a week later my friend got it (she lived in the room next door to us - her mum found her screaming "dont let her take me" too :S:|

weird^o).....it really makes ya think when more than one person has the experience and its not connected....did you find out who or what you didnt want to let take you?
RE: Do you believe in ghosts by segosa on 03-08-2005 at 03:15 PM

I'm not being narrow-minded, but here are my thoughts.

How can you look at some photos and "know" which are ghosts and which are not? How can you know? Are you saying when you see special effect ghosts in films there's a possibility they are ghosts too? Anyone could Photoshop an image and make it look like there's a ghost. It isn't hard, and you guys have fallen for it.

That picture has a faint outline of a face in the bit of fog. Wow! Amazing. Do you know that the human brain will believe whatever it wants? I could barely even see it at first, but when you look hard enough you see 3 darker areas which slightly resemble a face. Wow, that's so unlikely.

Currently the only limit we have is science. If this limit is broken, there is no limit to what can happen. What stops us from flying, or from making objects move, etc.? You can believe what you want, but that doesn't make it exist.

There may be unexplicable things, but do you realise most of those are based on what people believe they've experienced? Come on, anyone can see a TV turn on and think it's a ghost. Hello? Dodgy wiring? Oh my, I just saw something in the sky, it must be a UFO because there's nothing else it could be!

I know most of the people who "believe" are going to shrug this post off as narrow-minded or something, but you have to understand I'm not saying you can't believe in it, I'm saying you need to think things through and not shrug off scientific explanations for your "ghost" theories since right now it explains pretty much 99.9% of what happens in your life. What is doesn't explain is simple - the human brain. The human brain is what "creates" ghosts. Think about it.

What's more, people arguing over it makes it even less credible. They're either visible or not, they can either be photographed, or they cannot.

* segosa realises he's most likely pissed off a few people. :dodgy:

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by John Anderton on 03-08-2005 at 03:28 PM

We cant prove that ghosts dont exist so there is a possibility that they exist. I dont think science will prove the existance even if they exist so its upto us what we believe. Keep an open mind to all possibilities ... thats one of the best ideas imo

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by Tasha on 03-08-2005 at 03:54 PM

Not gonna call you narrow-minded Segosa, but..

Ever considered Science can be wrong? :p I'm not saying ghosts exist or not.. actually, i'm pretty sure they do, as do 'other life forms'. But if it is proved, then I would believe they don't exist.

tbh, I still don't believe you can photograph it though.. they all look photoshopped to me.. Just like I don't believe anyone has ever photographed a real UFO.

And maybe the mind can create such things. Well, it can, but you can't tell me that over a (maybe) quarter of the world imagine ghosts.. :undecided:

Science can't prove or disprove anything abnormal totally.. They can think they do, they can research so much, but they are sure to have missed something by accident.

You are a bit narrow-minded to believe that humans and animals are the only life forms though.. :dodgy:

* Tasha hopes she hasn't annoyed Segosa, and is just pointing her opinion out, and doesn't want an arguement.

:)

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by DeathGoth on 03-08-2005 at 03:56 PM

I just registered to post on this post here..

Anyway.....

This is my thoughts on what ghosts are..

Ghost in my theory are this.. people who are stuck in time on either a fucked up death.. such as murder, bad accident or some shit like that.. or are waiting for someone.. like wife waiting for husband, or someone who is attached to something in this world, or someone who dont know they are dead...

case in point on a few of those...

Gettysburg Pa, a site of one of the major civil war battles of our time.. people more than 100 have stated time and time again where they have a area where the war was fought seeing, smelling, hearing shit that happened back then...

Now we can chalk this up as a bunch of idiots if they were all people from say.. a delverance type look or something.. but most of these people are upstanding citizens.. such as bankers, police, and shit like that..

thats the bad death part..

next murder..

i think a person who is killed lets say my g/f's brother..

who was shot and killed in 99

I believe that that person, if they dont realize they are dead, repeat over and over and over and over again what happen to them minutes, or hrs of shit they did up intill they died

now, you have to remember thier minues and our minutes are completely diffrent..

have you ever notcied when u wake up.. then goto sleep and dream.. it felt like hrs.. only to see the clock and realize it was only like 5 minutes??

that is the same area where dead people are..

anyway thats what i think..

quote:
Not gonna call you narrow-minded Segosa, but..

Ever considered Science can be wrong? :p I'm not saying ghosts exist or not.. actually, i'm pretty sure they do, as do 'other life forms'. But if it is proved, then I would believe they don't exist.

tbh, I still don't believe you can photograph it though.. they all look photoshopped to me.. Just like I don't believe anyone has ever photographed a real UFO.

And maybe the mind can create such things. Well, it can, but you can't tell me that over a (maybe) quarter of the world imagine ghosts.. :undecided:

Science can't prove or disprove anything abnormal totally.. They can think they do, they can research so much, but they are sure to have missed something by accident.

You are a bit narrow-minded to believe that humans and animals are the only life forms though.. :dodgy:

* Tasha hopes she hasn't annoyed Segosa, and is just pointing her opinion out, and doesn't want an arguement.

:)

Actually alot of people believe that science is the all might god in how we all live, so in other words, people who believe that ghosts exist are considered crazy, insane, stupid, or whatever..

Unfortunately most people think like Segosa.. but in reality Science can easily be disproved as much as proved, I will take a few cases that they are fighting about now..

Calcuim, we have been told its stuppost to help us get stronger, in reality a run in the park or something can do the same thing..

Darwin Theory, Alot of scientists today believe that the Darwin theory in fact never happened, i will get proof on this later but there is a big debate about it now on whether to change sceince book to something else.

Remote Viewing, This has been proven to be very effective, yet science states it isnt real... I guess thats why the US and Russia an Remote Veiwing Program going back in the 70's and 80's..

Anyway I like to chalk people like Segosa up to thinking inside the box, they will sit there and continuiously swear that science is the all mightly bible, and yet they are considered to be wrong on alot of cases...

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by segosa on 03-08-2005 at 04:06 PM

quote:

Ever considered Science can be wrong?

Well, science explains, as I said, 99.9% of what you deal with every day. I don't think it's that likely... I still believe ghosts are created by the mind :P

quote:

Everyone can imagine it if everyone's mind decides to.. :P

quote:

Well no.. I think it's possible life-forms exist because they would have science of their own, and they would be on another planet which means it would be different to earth. :p

I'm superstitious, actually. I will never say "It can't get any worse" because I worry that if I say that, it may just get worse. However, I know that whether I say it or not won't make a difference to whether it does or not. It's a "belief", sort of, whilst knowing that it means nothing..
RE: RE: RE: Do you believe in ghosts by mwe99 on 03-08-2005 at 05:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
quote:

weird^o).....it really makes ya think when more than one person has the experience and its not connected....did you find out who or what you didnt want to let take you?

nope i didn't although we knew it was an old lady and apparently our room always smelt of her perfume she always used before she died :S ... now people are gonna think im mad :P
RE: RE: RE: RE: Do you believe in ghosts by M73A on 03-08-2005 at 10:36 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
quote:

nope i didn't although we knew it was an old lady and apparently our room always smelt of her perfume she always used before she died :S ... now people are gonna think im mad :P

lol, nah not mad, its what you believe to be real and its influenced by your personal experiences....i aint had nothing paranormal really happen to me:( i dunno what my opinion on all this would be if something did....*-)
RE: Do you believe in ghosts by squall_leonhart69r on 03-09-2005 at 10:32 AM

well what happens when the tv turns itself on even if its unplugged at the source

and or, was turned off at the main switch and not just put into stand by mode

and what about the one thats touching my neck and irratating me right now

, also what about the fact i'v just discovered i have this ability to predict wierd things, not actually whats gunna happen, but that something is gunna happen

like... its wierd

all sound around me just drops like the volume has gone down, and i here a pitched sound in my ears clear as day, then the sound disappears and the noise around me goes back up,

its totally odd

also, what about the fact that science is just that.!! science

it can't prove anything for 100% anyway

hell they can't even develop a 100% effective contraceptive that doesn't involve removal of body parts or cutting stuff, or some dangerous hormone trigger drug,

so theres no way that ghosts can be stated as a state of mind, when if thats the case.. why are so many people in that state of mind,

now,.. don't mind me, im going to get my mum to tell whatever irrating spirit is tickling my neck to leave me alone coz its making me itchy,

id prefer to tell it myself, but as i cant' see it, i don't feel right in telling it to stop,

someone should really tel george bush that lincoln is kinda pissed at him as well....

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by user44571 on 03-10-2005 at 08:48 AM

i looked at that pick again, now all i see is that so called "reflection"

RE: Do you believe in ghosts by squall_leonhart69r on 03-11-2005 at 12:40 AM

exactly dash

she appears and disappears at will

kinda freaky ehh