Shoutbox

Reputation suggestion. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Reputation suggestion. (/showthread.php?tid=39576)

Reputation suggestion. by matty on 03-05-2005 at 08:51 AM

I got thinking, DZ, you should add a View All link to the reputation system so that you can view all reps for a specific person without going to different pages. Obviously the pages part will be default but you could click View All. That would be a bit nicer. Or in preferences have the ability to display how many reps you see per page :).

RE: Reputation suggestion. by John Anderton on 03-05-2005 at 10:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
I got thinking, DZ, you should add a View All link to the reputation system so that you can view all reps for a specific person without going to different pages
Good idea but what if ur seeing the rep report of someone like dz, tochjo, chris b, traxor, anubis, saralk, blade or even urs. U guys have more than +35 ~ +40 (Patchou was on 76 or something when my exams started) so in their case it would be a huge report :|
quote:
Or in preferences have the ability to display how many reps you see per page
Thats a good idea imo. Or u can keep a tab to select the no of reports u wanna see at a time like the one we have for +ve, -ve and neutral votes. But that could be troublesome for the admins cause they would have to edit app the templates. Correction - only the reputation.php i think ^o)
RE: Reputation suggestion. by King For A Day on 03-05-2005 at 12:16 PM

that would be a good improvment go fir it

RE: Reputation suggestion. by saralk on 03-05-2005 at 12:24 PM

why not just use the amount of posts per page the user wants displayed, as the amount of reps per page

RE: Reputation suggestion. by SikStyles on 03-05-2005 at 10:53 PM

or just like add a new column at the most posts table and put the rep points in it

RE: Reputation suggestion. by WDZ on 03-06-2005 at 12:02 AM

quote:
I got thinking, DZ, you should add a View All link to the reputation system so that you can view all reps for a specific person without going to different pages.
I dunno about a 'view all' option, but maybe I'll double the number of votes shown per page, since many people do have over 2 pages now.

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
or just like add a new column at the most posts table and put the rep points in it
You seem to be on a completely different topic. :p
RE: Reputation suggestion. by Dane on 03-06-2005 at 12:16 AM

Hey...WDZ, you should just add a dropdown box next to the "Show only...Positive, Neutral, Negative" that says, Show a maximum of... "5, 10, 20, 40, 80, 160, 240" ...per page.

RE: Reputation suggestion. by WDZ on 03-06-2005 at 04:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
you should just add
"just"? :dodgy: It would take some work. :p

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
240? I don't think so. :p

I increased the votes per page to 10... now it takes 50% less time to browse through the pages. :refuck:
RE: Reputation suggestion. by Dane on 03-06-2005 at 08:29 PM

lol, it is a "just", add a "LIMIT" to the table output, and add the dropdown menu.  Whats wrong with 240 per page? :P

RE: Reputation suggestion. by user27089 on 03-06-2005 at 08:33 PM

I think that the idea should definitely be added, I agree that it is completely annoying when you're reading through large reps such as patchou's :p.