Shoutbox

notification sound length increase? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: notification sound length increase? (/showthread.php?tid=39658)

notification sound length increase? by saajjj on 03-06-2005 at 02:33 PM

Hello,
Can the length of the notification sound be increased somehow? for instance when a contact signs in. I want to play complete (3-4min) mp3s when a particular contact signs in. Right now if I select a regular mp3, only the first 10 seconds are played.

Cheers

RE: notification sound length increase? by rix on 03-06-2005 at 02:37 PM

No, as far as I know, it's not possible.

RE: notification sound length increase? by CookieRevised on 03-06-2005 at 02:48 PM

wouldn't be very usefull either, the sound would be cut of anyways by any other (custom) sound that will play for other events...

RE: notification sound length increase? by saajjj on 03-06-2005 at 02:53 PM

I've switched off all other sounds :) and want to use this feature as a wakeup alarm of sorts.

RE: notification sound length increase? by King For A Day on 03-06-2005 at 03:02 PM

ooo it can be done i think, theres athingie that alsows u to tweak plus somehow, i had it but not anymore, im sure it had an option to do that, but it may only be with old versions

RE: notification sound length increase? by Eljay on 03-06-2005 at 03:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by King For A Day
ooo it can be done i think, theres athingie that alsows u to tweak plus somehow, i had it but not anymore, im sure it had an option to do that, but it may only be with old versions

i think ur referrring to Plus! Tweak

and you change the option "ContactSoundMaxTime" to whatever you want
RE: notification sound length increase? by CookieRevised on 03-06-2005 at 03:09 PM

see
http://www.msgplus.net/help_registry.php
and look for ContactSoundMaxTime

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
When you associate a sound to contact sign-in or sign-out, it is played 12 seconds by default. You can use this parameter to decrease or increase this time between 1 and 100 seconds.
RE: notification sound length increase? by King For A Day on 03-06-2005 at 03:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
quote:
Originally posted by King For A Day

i think ur referrring to Plus! Tweak

yeh thats the one
RE: notification sound length increase? by saajjj on 03-06-2005 at 03:29 PM

thanks guys :)