Shoutbox

Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) (/showthread.php?tid=39670)

Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-06-2005 at 08:22 PM

Here is a litle "Preview" of what I've got until now... :D... it works great... :D
Ther is lots of bugs, that needs to be fixed and lots of improvements, so I don't wanna hear about bugs and stuff.. I want to hear from you guys what features you would like, ideas, and other comments, bug save bugs adn glitches for now... I know all about them!!!... If you can't run then your out of luck... this is only a quick tease, so you just have to wait...
This is not a plugin, bu a stand-alone exe file, it will be as a plugin later... so just hold on...

You open up as many msn's as you want with polygamy patchs or stuff plug or whatever... and when they have been open (they don't need to loged in) just run the exe file and you are ready to go... :D.. It have the menu with... and it works.. the login in screen and top menu works (stated before that it wouldn't but it DOES)...
Tabbing new instances of MSN is not yet supported, will be later...
Resizing of the Tabbed MSN doesn't resize the contact list.. this will hopefully be added later...
If you close (with the close in the right corner, the program wille xit, and everything will be back to normal)... there is no hiding to tray yet...
there is some bugs occuring if you use the msn tray icon to show the msn window again, and also if you close the contact list by using the menu or clicking on the small arrows and then use the close button.. this will be fixed later.. as stated before this is only a quick tease to show you what I've done until now... :D

You are welcome yo give some nice ideas, but please don't put general(obvouis ideas) such as "Minimize to tray", "Don't close program on close button" etc. those are obvious things that will be made... :D...
And for good sake, don't post bugs or if you are having trouvbles running it!!!!!.. I don't wanna listen to that!!!!... then you will just have to wait...

Ok, enough with the babling here is the file!
Enjoy... :D...

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by Dempsey on 03-06-2005 at 08:24 PM

im confused on what it actually does, can you post some screenshots?

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by user27089 on 03-06-2005 at 08:29 PM

I'm pretty sure that its a program where you have 2 instances of msn running at once, and they're tabbed :p... sounds great to me :p.

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-06-2005 at 08:34 PM

Here is a screenshot of the shit in action!! :D..

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by John on 03-07-2005 at 11:19 PM

Here's an image I made, of the idea I had that I told you about.

[Image: tabbed_msn.jpg]

What do you think?

P.s. If you need any graphics work in any of your plugins then I'd be glad to help CD. :D

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by L. Coyote on 03-07-2005 at 11:22 PM

It's very good (Y) It saves time and space. Buggy! :p

I'd use it. I don't use many instances of MSNM because of this very reason, it's a mess to be changing windows and stuff.

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by Joel4119 on 03-07-2005 at 11:42 PM

Pretty cool but I don't have much use for it.

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by M73A on 03-07-2005 at 11:51 PM

SWEET, thats what i was talking about and i got told it couldnt work i think *-). KOOL!!!!!! *DOWNLOADS*

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by ~INVASION~ on 03-08-2005 at 12:14 AM

it crashes msn every time i move the window at all but its gonna be good when its all fixed up (Y)

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-08-2005 at 06:56 AM

Thanks for the response everybody... :D...
Rigth now i'm just working on putting it into a plugin, hopefully remove most bugs, atm i'mhaving some problems with resizing, that if you resize the tabbed thingy it should aslo resize the contact list, this will hopefully get fixed... and also i'm working on a system that will add each opened msn to the tab, without the user of a time, and maybe this way it wold even be possible to untab 1 instance or more... :D...

Jag... looks nice, but this way i wouln't be able to get the menu with... :s.. that wouldn't be so good... but something like that is ok... :d...

BTW: Have anybody tried it wht MSN 6.xx?.. It shouldn't be compatible, but I just wanted to check...if it isn't then I will just release another one that should be both 6.xx and 7.xx compatible... and see if that works... Since I can't check it on msn 6.xx myself...

RE: RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by John on 03-08-2005 at 11:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
Jag... looks nice, but this way i wouln't be able to get the menu with... :s.. that wouldn't be so good... but something like that is ok... :d...
I was thinking that when you show the menu, the little tabs at the top should just move up so they're at the top of the menu, if you know what I mean.
RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by Ezra on 03-08-2005 at 11:46 AM

I tried it with 6 and it says it can't find any instances of msn

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by Dempsey on 03-08-2005 at 11:54 AM

MSN 6 and 7 use different class names if thats how you're detecting MSN instances

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-08-2005 at 12:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
MSN 6 and 7 use different class names if thats how you're detecting MSN instances

Yeah I know, that was why I said it shouldn't support MSN 6, will just fix this when I get home and will try send out a new one and see if that works...
RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-08-2005 at 03:45 PM

Ok..  here is the updated version that should be MSN 6.xx compatible.. please try it out for me...

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by Mike on 03-08-2005 at 04:13 PM

Hmmm...

Nice use of many menu apis, set parent api, window apis and subclassing apis? :P

Anyway, if you want, I can help you, since I was developing something similar ... but it was for conversations :P

See: Looking for a 'container' or tabbed conversation plugin

Just PM me if you need any help or you need my msn address. I removed my msn address because there were some random people adding me... 8-)

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-08-2005 at 08:52 PM

Yeah I remember your container thingy, I was ibn the thread to.. :D.. I was really looking ofrward to some more of that.. but now I might do it in this plugin when I get it running alright.. then i'll do Tabbed MSN, Tabbed Conversation and a sort of cantainer like trillian... :d.. I will implement all these things into 1 plugin.. :D... Yeah ok, we can talk, but I don't know if I need much help on this maybe, but maybe thou.. I'll just pm you my MSN add... :D..

By the way, the 4 people that did download the new version? Does it work with msn 6 or not? please tell me as soon as possible...

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by TheBlasphemer on 03-08-2005 at 09:04 PM

How about giving the tabs the first part of the email address instead of numbers?

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by Banks on 03-08-2005 at 09:04 PM

not working in msn 6.2

try "MSNMSBLClass"

edit: the menu's work though

edit2: could also be "pluginhostclass"

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by King For A Day on 03-08-2005 at 09:08 PM

wow that is sooo cool, it works great :D

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by L. Coyote on 03-08-2005 at 09:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
How about giving the tabs the first part of the email address instead of numbers?
That's a very good idea! (Y) That way we can know which account we're using! :D
RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-08-2005 at 09:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer

This will be done.. :D...

quote:
Originally posted by Banks
not working in msn 6.2

try "MSNMSBLClass"

edit: the menu's work though

edit2: could also be "pluginhostclass"

Did you try the new version I posted or the one on the top post?... Because the first one wasn't supposed to work with MSN 6, but the new one I posted 4 posts before your post should be able to handle msn 6, but I haven't tested my self yet, so.. did you use the new version or the old one?
RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by Banks on 03-08-2005 at 09:58 PM

I used the new one

edit: this asm code lets me use msn 6.2 or 7.0

code:
Classnme62            db 'MSNMSBLClass',0
Classnme70            db 'MSBLWindowClass',0

code:
    invoke    FindWindow,offset Classnme62,0
    cmp    eax,0
    jnz    found
    invoke    FindWindow,offset Classnme70,0
    cmp    eax,0
    jnz    found
    jmp    no_run

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by benjyrama on 03-09-2005 at 10:28 PM

This would be sooo useful, i hope u can include tabbed convos too!!!

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-09-2005 at 10:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by benjyrama
This would be sooo useful, i hope u can include tabbed convos too!!!

I will to.. :D.. I will make a complete Tabbed MSN Plugin including lots of different tab methods... :D.. But this project is going to be a litle later than expected, I'm really busy the next few days with school, and I might also have to check up on Shortcut Plugin and The nickname counter plugin.. so... But it will be here sometime... :D..
RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by M73A on 03-15-2005 at 11:53 AM

any news on an update

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-15-2005 at 12:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
any news on an update

No... sorry... I am very busy with school at the moment.. I've got some catchiing up to do, so won't properly be any updates at the moment.. I'm also busy improving Counter Nickname and Shortcut plugin.. and working on making a better installer for my plugins and some better gui to my plugins... so... I can't tell what is going to happen with this one yet...
RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by M73A on 03-15-2005 at 04:13 PM

woah, your busy:| well, good luck with everything then(Y) thanks for the reply...

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by Pepper on 03-16-2005 at 06:06 PM

You could have it with the first 4? letters of the contacts friendlyname:)

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-16-2005 at 06:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pepper
You could have it with the first 4? letters of the contacts friendlyname:)

Yes, and this will be made later, it will automatically name he tabs as either the email of the account logged in or the friendly name... :D
RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by crank on 03-22-2005 at 04:56 PM

* crank sits back and waits...
sounds like another amazing plugin is in the making...

[offtopic]
I still want to make you an installer if you need one though i guess you can do it yourself...
[/offtopic]

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by segosa on 03-22-2005 at 06:20 PM

(CyBeRDuDe), any chance you can list some of the main APIs you use to do this? I wanna look them up :p

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-22-2005 at 10:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Segosa
(CyBeRDuDe), any chance you can list some of the main APIs you use to do this? I wanna look them up :p
Secrects and Magic!! :D... :P...
Not ATM, later... :D..

quote:
Originally posted by çr@nK
* çr@nK sits back and waits...

[offtopic]
I still want to make you an installer if you need one though i guess you can do it yourself...
[/offtopic]
About the installer:
Hmm.. You are welcome to make me a decent installer.. But it needs to fullfill some criterias..
- I need to be able to add my own files to it
- Extrating files
- Registrying files
- Add other various registry values
- Shutting Down MSN Messenger (Normally, and Taskkill if normal shutdown fails, altso support for closing Tabbed Conversation when closing normally to prevent loss of log if Taskkill needs to be executed)
- Starting MSN Messenger
- Uninstaller
- GUI, Interface, Pictures, texts, etc...
- A Homemade installer would be best, not some NSIS or Inno because they cannot do these tasks

If you can fullfill all these criteria then I would be more than happy to use a installer you make for me (and of course give you all the Credit you want).. :D.. I can do all this my self, I just don't have time on my hands.. :(
RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by crank on 03-23-2005 at 02:03 PM

well err... thats a shitload of criteria...
never mind :p can't do that

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-23-2005 at 02:12 PM

quote:
well err... thats a shitload of criteria...
never mind :p can't do that
Oki.. :P... If someone else would like to take the task of building a installer for me, that would be really appriciated.. I could do it myself some time.. But that would be later! Much later!...
RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by segosa on 03-23-2005 at 03:03 PM

Use the Nullsoft Scriptable Install System. It allows you to do everything you explained using its built-in scripting language.

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by crank on 03-23-2005 at 03:19 PM

* crank has NSIS and Inno Setup
i can't do shit with NSIS, i don't like it... inno's easier and it's dutch :p
btw you can do most of those things using inno 2

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-24-2005 at 02:51 PM

quote:
Use the Nullsoft Scriptable Install System. It allows you to do everything you explained using its built-in scripting language.
Well I already use NSIS for my Shortcut Plugin, but I don't think that these to options can be scripted in NSIS?
- Shutting Down MSN Messenger (Normally, and Taskkill if normal shutdown fails, altso support for closing Tabbed Conversation when closing normally to prevent loss of log if Taskkill needs to be executed)
- Starting MSN Messenger

Can theý? IS it possible to add your own code like this? AFAIK no!.. You are still limited to what NSIS is capable of.. right?...
RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by segosa on 03-24-2005 at 04:59 PM

quote:
quote:
Well I already use NSIS for my Shortcut Plugin, but I don't think that these to options can be scripted in NSIS?
- Starting MSN Messenger

Can theý? IS it possible to add your own code like this? AFAIK no!.. You are still limited to what NSIS is capable of.. right?...

NSIS can do both of those things because it can call Windows API functions.

Even if it couldn't use the Windows API, it's not limited at all. You can write your own DLL and it will include the code of the procedure you choose in the installer, and you can call it at run-time, allowing you to do anything.
RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by Purity on 03-25-2005 at 04:47 AM

I am kinda disappointed....:-/

I requested this months ago and people said that it would take to much effort and stuff....:sad:

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-25-2005 at 11:47 PM

quote:
NSIS can do both of those things because it can call Windows API functions.

Even if it couldn't use the Windows API, it's not limited at all. You can write your own DLL and it will include the code of the procedure you choose in the installer, and you can call it at run-time, allowing you to do anything.
Nice!! :D... Thanks for the information.. :D.. I will take a look a look at this... :D.. I didn't know that was possible at all with NSIS... :P.. But hey, we learn something every day.. :D
RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by M73A on 04-05-2005 at 02:24 PM

hey, can someone post a screenshot of what it finally looks like beacuse this thread has some concepts and its bloody confusing:S.

lol cheers.

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by absorbation on 04-05-2005 at 06:04 PM

Here is what it looks like for me. It does'nt need installation :D but you have to resize your contact list to make it fit in but in furture it will be great:

[Image: tabbed6hv.png]

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by M73A on 04-06-2005 at 11:52 AM

Thanks! i think i'll wait for a future release:)

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by Jimus on 04-19-2005 at 02:29 AM

like that ?

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 04-19-2005 at 02:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimus
like that ?
What do you mean?

Edit:
Ohh.. I see... Hmm.. I don't think that is possible... Not for me at least.. those tabs only makes messenger load a "webpage", if you would like to do it this way you would properly have to make a web based messenger and use it like that...
RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by ipab on 05-15-2005 at 08:12 AM

quote:
quote:
Secrects and Magic!! :D... :P...
Not ATM, later... :D..

quote:
* çr@nK sits back and waits...

[offtopic]
[/offtopic]
About the installer:
Hmm.. You are welcome to make me a decent installer.. But it needs to fullfill some criterias..
- I need to be able to add my own files to it
- Extrating files
- Registrying files
- Add other various registry values
- Starting MSN Messenger
- Uninstaller
- GUI, Interface, Pictures, texts, etc...
- A Homemade installer would be best, not some NSIS or Inno because they cannot do these tasks

If you can fullfill all these criteria then I would be more than happy to use a installer you make for me (and of course give you all the Credit you want).. :D.. I can do all this my self, I just don't have time on my hands.. :(

i dont mind writing you one in NSIS i am quite experienced with it and use it to patch msnmessenger with my skins and a lot of other people use my installer too (talk to jaymach, he'll tell you)
RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by iberulz on 05-15-2005 at 10:23 AM

me tow

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by ipab on 05-16-2005 at 12:59 AM

huh, wth wut do u mean by me tow?

p.s cyberdude im gona go ahead and add u to my msn account

RE: Tabbed MSN (Tabbed Contact list with Polygamy) by briffaman on 09-12-2005 at 10:58 PM

hello can someone help me out, i have msn 7.0 and want to use multiple messenger windows, i downloaded 

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Chat/Instan...ger-Polygamy.shtml

but it seems to want me to use 6.2, so i found Tabbed Polygramy Msn from

http://www.msgstuff.com/downloads/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=18 ,

i can open it and just have 1 msn open, i cant seem to sign in anywhere for a second window, can someone tell me where can i get the write software i need please