Shoutbox

detecting scripters - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: detecting scripters (/showthread.php?tid=39680)

detecting scripters by SikStyles on 03-06-2005 at 09:40 PM

ok i played this game Star Wars Jedi Knight II, and as many of u know there are scripts u can use in games such as one button script and speed hax (makes u move faster)
well i havent played that game over 5 months now but there is this clan in jk2 that became so strong in so little time and now is bossy and it pisses me off..even tho i dont play the game anymore my clanmembers do and i cant stand the cheat..so im askin is there  a way to detect who is a scripter and who is not..?

RE: detecting scripters by Concord Dawn on 03-06-2005 at 09:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
ok i played this game Star Wars Jedi Knight II, and as many of u know there are scripts u can use in games such as one button script and speed hax (makes u move faster)
well i havent played that game over 5 months now but there is this clan in jk2 that became so strong in so little time and now is bossy and it pisses me off..even tho i dont play the game anymore my clanmembers do and i cant stand the cheat..so im askin is there  a way to detect who is a scripter and who is not..?

Yes, if they talk in l33t, they are probably a scripter.
RE: detecting scripters by Plik on 03-06-2005 at 09:57 PM

well you can generaly notice if people are speed hacking.
If if you get shot from through walls then its a bit dodgy aswell.
Just watch out for anything that looks dodgy.

RE: detecting scripters by SikStyles on 03-06-2005 at 10:00 PM

hmm those are all very weak proofs..i was hopin for sometin like maybe a script that u use in jk2 to see if someone uses a script..i know what im sayin?

RE: detecting scripters by DJeX on 03-06-2005 at 10:07 PM

Ermm that would not be possible since there script isnt sending out anything that you could dectect. The best way to find out is by there actions in the game.

RE: detecting scripters by SikStyles on 03-06-2005 at 10:23 PM

well yea but there is no way to prove it, i know some ppl who script and i yelled at them and they said i trained and i said bullshit because u never miss and he doesnt..i guess i have to let it go as i cant get proof..

alright tnx guys