Shoutbox

Do you smoke? y? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Forum: Poll Center (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+------ Thread: Do you smoke? y? (/showthread.php?tid=39724)

Do you smoke? y? by M73A on 03-07-2005 at 06:03 PM

right, loads of my m8s aint old enough to smoke but they do it anyway....do you smoke? why do you do it? personally i dont see the point.....

me - no... and coz ma dad had a heart attack from smoking.....

RE: Do you smoke? y? by GiantSpider on 03-07-2005 at 06:05 PM

NO NO NO.
Smoking= Death. Pretty stupid really.

RE: Do you smoke? y? by WDZ on 03-07-2005 at 06:08 PM

No, smoking tobacco seems completely disgusting to me. I hate the smell of it, and hate the idea of filling your lungs with chemical-containing black smoke. :-/

And there are tons of people/organizations against it, and informing us of the dangers, which is good. There are health warnings on every box of cigarettes, and life insurance companies even consider smoking as a major factor in your life expectancy.

I strongly doubt that I will ever start smoking. Many young people probably get started because of peer pressure, but since I don't fit in with my peers anyway, I'm pretty much immune to that. :p

RE: Do you smoke? y? by .blade// on 03-07-2005 at 06:10 PM

1) I would never smoke bcz it's dumb. "Hmm...let's inhale hundreds of poiosons and chemicals  and things like that every day on purpose!"

2) I am [or used to be, I'm like 99% over it now] asthmatic. I would prob. die if I started smoking! :lol:

They started an ad campaign here in Canada.
http://stupid.ca/

Basically they're a bunch of commercials similar to this:
*Guy pours chemicals into cerial and goes to take a bite*
"This seems stupid, huh? Well there's only 1 chemical here. There's over [insert number here, can't remember it :P] in cigarettes!"
*Takes big bite of chemical filled cereal*

RE: Do you smoke? y? by M73A on 03-07-2005 at 06:11 PM

there was an advert in england, it showed people holding cigarrettes and the fatty sludgey crap oozing out the end to highlight what they can do to u....was quite off putting even though i dont anyway....

RE: Do you smoke? y? by The_Thief on 03-07-2005 at 06:12 PM

I'm smokin as on fire but I don't smoke sigarettes or weed.

RE: Do you smoke? y? by Vilkku on 03-07-2005 at 06:13 PM

Nope, it's wery stupid if you ask me. At some ohter forum a guy made a new years resolution (is it salled that) to start smoking before the new year... Wierd ppl...

RE: Do you smoke? y? by King For A Day on 03-07-2005 at 06:14 PM

nah i dont and never will, its just somthing ive been brought up to hate, i no a lot of people that do, its never botherd me but i just dont see the p[oint mostly cos peopel i know spend so much earch week on fags id rather get something thatw asnt gonna kill me and make me smell bad

RE: Do you smoke? y? by Anubis on 03-07-2005 at 06:21 PM

I know people my age who smoke, but I can't say I've ever had any pressure to start myself. However a certain person I know had a funny encounter with smoking something that contained tobacco (among other stuff), guess who, he hangs around here sometimes to...

RE: Do you smoke? y? by Tasha on 03-07-2005 at 06:26 PM

I know people my age that smoke..

I will never, and have never smoked.. My mum stopped a week ago, and hasn't started again. (Due to reasons that I won't disclose). And my dad is trying to stop.

It doesn't bother me if people smoke. My parents have never got ill by smoking, and tbh, if it's what someone wants to do, let them. Most of the time adults who smoke only smoke coz it helps them in times of stress and stuff. Kids only smoke coz they think it's 'cool' to do. :undecided:

My few pence. :p

RE: Do you smoke? y? by King For A Day on 03-07-2005 at 06:30 PM

hehe it reminds me of someone i know,

hes a year older and we were on this camp thing with scouts, we were in the middle of nowhere and this guy had been drinking a lot and someone said they were drivin to the shops so he asks  for some papers to roll with, (this guy had never smoked)

anyway being the drunkest he thoiught it was a good idea to get rhodedendron leaves (POISONESS or at least makes u ill) and smoke those.

funny part of the story he wakes up in the night puking blood and spends three days in hospital trying to explain what happend to his parents after having his stomach pumped.

moral is smoking aint cool,

not one person there thought he was cool becos of that

(maybe that was just funny too me :S)

*goes a way to be sad and lonely elsewhere*

RE: Do you smoke? y? by user27089 on 03-07-2005 at 06:31 PM

no, have, don't really see the point in doing it, the last time I smoked I had a joint... that was back in july...

RE: Do you smoke? y? by Millenium_edition on 03-07-2005 at 06:41 PM

it's like posting spam :-/

USELESS.

RE: Do you smoke? y? by Joa on 03-07-2005 at 06:51 PM

i used to smoke for a very long time from since i was a little kid, till i was in grade 10/11 ... i'd never go back to it though. its gross, and stinks

RE: Do you smoke? y? by King For A Day on 03-07-2005 at 06:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
grade 10/11

what sort of age is that? we do it differantly in britain
RE: Do you smoke? y? by Joa on 03-07-2005 at 06:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by King For A Day
what sort of age is that? we do it differantly in britain

15 to 16 years old :P
RE: RE: Do you smoke? y? by M73A on 03-07-2005 at 06:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
it's like posting spam :-/

USELESS.

well sorry but i was just thinking what its like for other people in other countries....some of my mates are into green and all that shit but i really dont understand what the point is....so i posted on here to see if anyone does it and why they do it....
RE: Do you smoke? y? by Penderrin on 03-07-2005 at 07:16 PM

i don't smoke

RE: Do you smoke? y? by Jhrono on 03-07-2005 at 07:21 PM

Cigs SUCK...it's like shooting a bazuka at your head but in slo-mo...it will kill u sooner or later..

RE: Do you smoke? y? by .Roy on 03-07-2005 at 07:53 PM

no.

RE: Do you smoke? y? by SikStyles on 03-07-2005 at 08:33 PM

yes and i quit

RE: Do you smoke? y? by lizard.boy on 03-07-2005 at 08:39 PM

i dont. it probably bother my asthma anyway. i know the last time i used my inhaler was when my mom still smoked, about 4 years ago.
smoking is bad for you, a waste of time, and it makes you reek.

RE: Do you smoke? y? by wacky on 03-07-2005 at 08:43 PM

It is stupid, it is gross, I find people who smoke ugly and I have no idea why I smoke sometimes :-/
I would never spend money on them though.. so expensive..
Once, I was smoking and I was walking and all the smoke was going through my coat so the smell stayed.. I felt like puking even hours after I had smoked. So I havent since. Trying to not smoke again cuz its simply gross... but hey, it does calm you down a little when you're a stressful person.. Just kinda the worse way to do so :-/
Second hand smoke can kill too so people who smoke around others are dumb idiots. One of my friends lives with his grandmother and she smokes all the time and the poor guy has asthma now and his clothes always smell..
Smoking is dumb :sad:

RE: Do you smoke? y? by SikStyles on 03-07-2005 at 08:59 PM

it is very dumb..i smoked because i was goin thru hard times but now i HATE ppl who smoke..im trying to get my mom and dad to quit..so pisses me off when they smoke every 5 minutes :angry:

RE: RE: Do you smoke? y? by M73A on 03-07-2005 at 10:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
..so pisses me off when they smoke every 5 minutes :angry:

lol, my dads like that.... gettin better though, my mum wont let him smoke in the house, lololol

he quit for 2 years coz he was hypnotised...but then some tosser offered him one and he just sorta started after that...
RE: Do you smoke? y? by MC.POP on 03-07-2005 at 10:11 PM

big ups for me i dont smoke, i need a tap on the back :P

RE: Do you smoke? y? by Joa on 03-07-2005 at 10:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
he quit for 2 years coz he was hypnotised

wtf? :| he was hypnotized????
RE: Do you smoke? y? by Purity on 03-07-2005 at 10:17 PM

Bah, I don't smoke, i've tried it but, it's just sickness to me, bunch of shizzy chemicales going through your respritory system, gross....

RE: Do you smoke? y? by L. Coyote on 03-07-2005 at 10:30 PM

Bah, I don't smoke. And I hate smoke because:

1) I don't like people who smoke. Personally, I think they're idiots. They are not just killing themselves, but killing everyone around them.

2) The "I smoke cuz I'm cool" excuse seems pointless. A cig won't tell you if the person is cool. Many people in my class smoked and I got pushed to try a few times and both times I got ill for a week. (Also since then I've grown up, and don't let myself be stepped over.)

3) Smoking can be relaxing for some people because they think it's smoking what relaxes them. And people might not like it and still do it, it's called an addiction and can only be cured if the person is willing to be cured.

4) Nicotine is actually a poison from the tobacco plant to kill bugs. :undecided: Basically, people smoke venom + other stuff.

5-*) Smoking is BAD! :blah:

RE: Do you smoke? y? by Vazza on 03-07-2005 at 10:45 PM

I don't smoke. Simply after seeing a programme on TV of what a lung looked at when someone had been so=moking all their life. My dad smoke but not as such since my uncle had a smal heart attack.  Also, ciggarette smoke irritaes my asmatha. The sooner Scotland brings the ban on smoking in public places, the better.

RE: Do you smoke? y? by wacky on 03-07-2005 at 10:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vazza
The sooner Scotland brings the ban on smoking in public places, the better.
yeh around here theres pretty much no more public place where you're allowed to smoke. Thats great but people still smoke at the doors like at my school so when you go out you pass through them and it stinks so bad. The worse thing is that its in the school rules to not smoke around the doors but they dont do anything about it :-/

RE: Do you smoke? y? by Joa on 03-07-2005 at 11:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wacky
yeh around here theres pretty much no more public place where you're allowed to smoke. Thats great but people still smoke at the doors like at my school so when you go out you pass through them and it stinks so bad. The worse thing is that its in the school rules to not smoke around the doors but they dont do anything about it

same here, and its forbiden to smoke in bus-stop booths, but ppl smoke in them anyway -cuz there are benches you can sit on. it makes me mad sometimes, cuz like i can stand outside, but when some older woman or man comes by they cant even sit there, cuz some jerk is sitting there smoking till the booth looks like a glass tube full of smoke. gross... i mean they could at least smoke outside somewhere downwind...
RE: RE: Do you smoke? y? by M73A on 03-07-2005 at 11:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
quote:
he quit for 2 years coz he was hypnotised

wtf? :| he was hypnotized????

lol, yea, £200?!?!?! it worked though.....

.............. you know 'look into my eyes, look into my eyes, your under *snap* you do not smoke *snap* your back in the room..... lol.
RE: Do you smoke? y? by Joa on 03-07-2005 at 11:44 PM

quote:

.............. you know 'look into my eyes, look into my eyes, your under *snap* you do not smoke *snap* your back in the room..... lol.
i wish i underwent that gentle treatment to stop smoking :S man it sucked. one of the reasons i dont wanna go back to is cuz i know i'd hafta quit. and quitting can be painful.

so u'r saying it worked huh? hmm... *-) interesing.
RE: RE: Do you smoke? y? by M73A on 03-07-2005 at 11:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
quote:

i wish i underwent that gentle treatment to stop smoking :S man it sucked. one of the reasons i dont wanna go back to is cuz i know i'd hafta quit. and quitting can be painful.

so u'r saying it worked huh? hmm... *-) interesing.

yea it worked pretty well, didnt even have to like cut down on fags, just completely stopped that day..... he only started again because it was like -want a fag? -nah. - oh go on.....-oh ok, one wont hurt...(but it did in a sense)
RE: Do you smoke? y? by Fredzz on 03-08-2005 at 12:07 AM

i dont smoke.. and never will.. cant understand what people get with smoking.. it really stinks and makes me throw up.. lol.. ieeww.. >.<

RE: Do you smoke? y? by st0rm on 03-08-2005 at 12:41 AM

i dun smoke, i took a drag once, ok i lie 3 times lol but im a good little girl and i say no to that shit lololz i think its gross. my parents and my aunties and uncles do it. i hate it, i see my dad smoke like 5 in like the course of an hour and everytime he does i burn hahaha anywaaaayyzzz yeh smokings bad mmkay

RE: Do you smoke? y? by Pipish on 03-08-2005 at 05:13 AM

ive just done a project of smoking and how bad it is

so ill just vote no for this and say

smoking= bad health loss of money and in most cases death :|

who would pay for their own death

its very good to see that 37 people dont smoke and only 2 do ocasionaly :)

RE: Do you smoke? y? by Pinchichuv on 03-08-2005 at 07:14 AM

i dont smoke cause its bad to our health and cause it make our teeths yellow

RE: Do you smoke? y? by John Anderton on 03-08-2005 at 07:27 AM

Imo Smoking is BAD !! Life is beautiful so why go and smoke which will only hamper ur health. I have seen ppl smoke. None of my friends or family members smoke but if they did id try to make em stop. I hate standing next to ppl while they are smoking :@

RE: Do you smoke? y? by Millenium_edition on 03-08-2005 at 05:39 PM

quote:
well sorry but i was just thinking what its like for other people in other countries....some of my mates are into green and all that shit but i really dont understand what the point is....so i posted on here to see if anyone does it and why they do it....
i was talking about smoking, not this thread :p
RE: RE: Do you smoke? y? by M73A on 03-08-2005 at 05:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
quote:
i was talking about smoking, not this thread :p

lololololol, oh sorry dude!!!!!!!!!!! my bad:$:$:$:$:$
RE: Do you smoke? y? by DJeX on 03-09-2005 at 02:44 AM

I don't smoke because I want to live not die from cancer. Also smokeing is dirty and you smell like crap all the time.

I think its Disgusting...