Shoutbox

how to open links in msn with firefox - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: how to open links in msn with firefox (/showthread.php?tid=39727)

how to open links in msn with firefox by cow07 on 03-07-2005 at 06:25 PM

this has probably been asked many times, most likely...
but i was on the mess.be forum and i read that someone "if i didn't have my plus setup to see firefox as default browser..my ie would of dled it"

and i was wondering how i can do that?
thanks

RE: how to open links in msn with firefox by Plik on 03-07-2005 at 06:28 PM

a plugin for plus called stuffplug ng allows you to open links with your defult browser.
get it from http://www.stuffplug.com

RE: how to open links in msn with firefox by cow07 on 03-07-2005 at 10:26 PM

thanks

RE: how to open links in msn with firefox by linx05 on 03-08-2005 at 06:05 AM

It doesn't work for other browsers, like Maxthon :(

RE: how to open links in msn with firefox by RaceProUK on 03-08-2005 at 09:17 AM

That's because Maxthon is a shell for IE.

RE: how to open links in msn with firefox by linx05 on 03-08-2005 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
That's because Maxthon is a shell for IE.
I know. I just wish TB would add these browsers to it. :(
RE: how to open links in msn with firefox by RaceProUK on 03-08-2005 at 01:05 PM

He won't be adding any browsers: that's not how it works. It works by creating a temporary HTML page that forwards to Hotmail, and that opens in the default browser.

RE: how to open links in msn with firefox by linx05 on 03-11-2005 at 03:22 AM

But that sucks :( It says open in default browser and IE isn't my default browser. I'm sure it isn't that hard to grab the default browser path from the registry and open the link in that.

RE: how to open links in msn with firefox by Concord Dawn on 03-11-2005 at 03:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
But that sucks :( It says open in default browser and IE isn't my default browser. I'm sure it isn't that hard to grab the default browser path from the registry and open the link in that.

You'd be surprised the amount of coding and workarounds that are needed for something like that.
RE: how to open links in msn with firefox by linx05 on 03-11-2005 at 07:47 AM

Awwwwww. I guess I'll have to stick to copy and paste. And even then it sometimes open up in IE (don't know why)