Shoutbox

New right click option - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: New right click option (/showthread.php?tid=39742)

New right click option by deathscythe on 03-07-2005 at 10:20 PM

Is it possible, to add the following new option:

When you right click someone's name, you get a list of things you can do to that  with that contact. I'd like to add a new option and hook into that option. 

Ideally I'd like to add a "Task Management" option to that menu for a small development team I am part of. Selecting this option would launch our Task Management software.

This seems like something a bit more challenging but I am up for it. Would it be a matter of using a resource editor to add the option and a process hook to capture the appropiate message? I understand the general concept but I am lost as to what exactly I need to do to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance.

RE: New right click option by Choli on 03-07-2005 at 10:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by deathscythe
Would it be a matter of using a resource editor to add the option and a process hook to capture the appropiate message?
no, you don't need to use any resource editor. You can hook the window and add you own entry to the right-click menu and execute your code when the user selects that option. In theory it's quite easy, however coding it is more complex. I can't help you much more with this, sorry. Just remember that if Plus! does that and without touching the original exe, you can do it too.

RE: New right click option by deathscythe on 03-07-2005 at 10:50 PM

Well, know I know I "can". Would anyone be able to tell me "how"?

Thanks in advance