Shoutbox

Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) (/showthread.php?tid=39855)

Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-09-2005 at 06:31 PM

Newest Version 1.0.15, check the bottom of this post..

Here is the requested plugin, that enables ýou to add an automatic update counter in your nickname, count down to your birthday, to the day you are getting married, or days since something special happened...

It supports customization of weather to count in years, days, hours minutes or seconds, can do more or all of them in one, adds a prefix to the numbers, eg, year(s), these are customizable, to give more freedom to foreign languages.
Custom time to change nick name, in seconds.
Supports setting text infront and after the "count" text.

Limits:
Limit of count time is somewhere near 30 years, go above that and the plugin crashes
Limit of delay between each change is almost 12 hours, and min advised dleay is 6 seconds, but this can be set lower but will result in a message box saying it cannort change your name when it have change 10 times.
The limit of the protocol is 10 nick changes in 60 seconds.

Bugs:
The plugin might be some what buggy, it's not finished and might not come another further than this, this plugin wasn't really intended to go as far as i it does, but here it is....
I have tried to eliminate as many bugs as possible in this litle time, as long as you stick to "the rules" there should be no problems....

Date/Time:
The date & time to count to needs to specified full, eg: 04-05-06 09:15:24
I am not sure how well it goes using 12 hour time, but 24 hour time works... if oyu don't need hours, minutes, seconds or anything like that, then just fill those with 00:00:00 and set the plugin to only count/show days...
If the time giving to the plugin will cause any problems it will tell you so on clicking the ok button...

How to use:
go to Plus -> configuration -> Plugins, select "Nickname Counter" and press the Configure button... OR open a conversation window, go to Plus -> Plugins -> Nickname Counter -> Configure
Then fill in the configuration screen and you are ready to go.. Click ok then in a conversation window type "/xcntenable" to enable the counter, and use "/xcntdisable" to disable the counter.
You can use the tag (!XCOUNT) in a conversation window to send the text that is the curent count. This way you can also have a counter counting but do it the way so it doesn't change your nickname...
when setting the nickname in the configuration screen use (!XCOUNT) as tag where the count should be placed eg: "Somenick (!XCOUNT) to my wedding"... This also goes when you use the "/xcntsetnick"...

Install:
Extract the zip file to the Messenger Plus!\Plugins folder, and run the "Install NickCount.bat" file, then restart MSN Messenger and you are ready to go... :D..

Enough with all the babbling, here it is... Enjoy!!! :D...

Please post ideas, comments, bugs here... But don't expect much more releases on this one, but you can try and post and I might continue... ;)

Edit:
Fixed the annoying bug that made it not work.. it should work now.. :D...

Update:
Version 1.0.9
Major Update, Improvemt!

- Improved the Date/Time issue alot, put in a callender and a control to do the clock...
- New way of writing the name, use %y, %d, %h, %m, %s as tags instead of (!XCOUNT), gives you only the corrisponding count as you want
- Major Gui improvements
- Added Enable/Disable button in config screen
- /xcntsetnick command now works properly.. using the % tags...
- A preview text box enables you to better see the result.. :D...
- Nick Changes imediatly on choosing ok, initialize, using the /xcntsetnick command, enabling...
- Better handling of the delay count.. :D.. A combobox with different suggestions, and ability to enter your own number of seconds...
- Saves to registry instead of ini file.. User-based, settings only saved for the user curently logged into your msn messenger...

Update:
Version 1.0.15
- Added the ability to add a "prefix" after day, hour etc...
It works using [] with the corrisponding s, d, h, y, m followed by the prefix you want, eg: day[ds] will result in day when the days count is 1, and days when the days count is anything else but 1.. :D...
Some full examples:
"Nick^%y year[ys], %d day[ds], %h hour[hs], %m min[ms], %s sec[ss] to some event"
and a danish version to show the difference
Nick^%y år, %d dag[de], %h time[hr ], %m minut[mter], %s sekund[ser]
Hope this is explanation enoug! :D (NB: in the [hr ] tag, the space should be removed, but this caused the post to create a line.. :S..)
- The "help" label have been made smaller, and now you wil have to doulbe click on it to get the tag help msgbox.. :P
- Works with the official Public release of MSN 7.. Didn't need any change.. :P...

Think this was all for now.. A new version is in the progress which will have the ability to add multiple counts, which will be changed to when the first count reaches 0 secs, it will then do another counte,r and when that one reaches 0 it will go on to the next count, and so on.. :D...

Enjoy!

I think this was all for now.. :D.. Enjoy.... A screenshot will be posted in the last post...

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by Screeny on 03-09-2005 at 06:49 PM

Thank You for making this Plugin :)

But it doesn't work for me, cause' it doesn't show up in the Plugin-Section of MsgPlus.

I Am using 7.0.0632 and MsgPlus 3.40.112. 

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by user27089 on 03-09-2005 at 07:00 PM

Are you sure that you've followed the instructions correctly?

Cyberdude, can we have some compatibility information please?

Reading through that, it sounds like a pretty decent plugin.

* user27089 downloads as it is his birthday soon :p.

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-09-2005 at 07:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Screeny

But it doesn't work for me, cause' it doesn't show up in the Plugin-Section of MsgPlus.

Did you follow my exact instructions? If yes, then maybe the installer bat doesn't work properly... I'm not sure, didn't test it, but it is so easy and so litle it shouldn't be able to go wrong.. :s..
Try doing the following:
Go to Start menu -> run, type cmd and press enter.
Now type "cd\" and then press enter, then type "cd %programfiles%\messenger plus! 3\plugins" and press enter... then type "regsvr32 CountNick.dll" and press enter... a message box should appear telling you if it succeded or not... then close the window and go to start -> run and type "regedit" and press enter (be aware that using the registry database is of own repsonisibilty, I do NOT take any repsonsibility of any damage this may cause!), then navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2\RegisteredPlugins
right click on the right window and select "New String Value", name that one "Nickname Counter", dobule click on in at a box will appear here you type "CountNick.clsCountNick"... close the registry program, and close messenger (entirely, right click on the systray and choose exit) then start messenger again, and should work, if not, then please report again...

quote:
Originally posted by traxor

* traxor downloads as it is his birthday soon :p.

Compatibilty:

I don't really have any compatibility it haven't been tested in anything else but my own computer, I use:

MSN Messenger 7 Public Beta 7.0.0425
Messenger Plus! Beta 3.40.110
And if you want :P (StuffPlug NG 2.1.xxx)

Windows Messenger shouldn't be needed... so this shouldn't be any problem.. :D...

Have you tried it? any errors? problems installing/running?
RE: Counter in Nickname Released by Cromp on 03-09-2005 at 08:20 PM

would it be possible, in a future update, so allow the counter to work in your 'Personal Message'?

Its not coming up in my Plus Plugins either.

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by jren207 on 03-09-2005 at 08:32 PM

hmmm, doesn't seem to be working, it's not appearing in the plug-ins list and when i start MSN, there is some sort of error that says mis-match in it....

if you get it to work then, cromp,...

quote:
Originally posted by Cromp
would it be possible, in a future update, so allow the counter to work in your 'Personal Message'?

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)

You can use the tag (!XCOUNT) in a conversation window to send the text that is the curent count

?
RE: RE: Counter in Nickname Released by Doemaarwat on 03-09-2005 at 09:44 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Screeny

Did you follow my exact instructions? If yes, then maybe the installer bat doesn't work properly... I'm not sure, didn't test it, but it is so easy and so litle it shouldn't be able to go wrong.. :s..
Try doing the following:
Go to Start menu -> run, type cmd and press enter.
Now type "cd\" and then press enter, then type "cd %programfiles%\messenger plus! 3\plugins" and press enter... then type "regsvr32 CountNick.dll" and press enter... a message box should appear telling you if it succeded or not... then close the window and go to start -> run and type "regedit" and press enter (be aware that using the registry database is of own repsonisibilty, I do NOT take any repsonsibility of any damage this may cause!), then navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2\RegisteredPlugins
right click on the right window and select "New String Value", name that one "Nickname Counter", dobule click on in at a box will appear here you type "CountNick.clsCountNick"... close the registry program, and close messenger (entirely, right click on the systray and choose exit) then start messenger again, and should work, if not, then please report again...

quote:

* traxor downloads as it is his birthday soon :p.

Compatibilty:

I don't really have any compatibility it haven't been tested in anything else but my own computer, I use:

MSN Messenger 7 Public Beta 7.0.0425
Messenger Plus! Beta 3.40.110
And if you want :P (StuffPlug NG 2.1.xxx)

Windows Messenger shouldn't be needed... so this shouldn't be any problem.. :D...

Have you tried it? any errors? problems installing/running?

Thanks very much for your time, but it unfortunately doesn't work for me. I also have the same version that you have (except for StuffPlug) and get an error: Runtime error '13' Type Mismatch. See attachment. I have checked the registry and the value is correct.

Edit: I have the Dutch translation of MsgPlus and use a Dutch language setting.
RE: Counter in Nickname Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-09-2005 at 09:48 PM

Hmm.. Seems to me there is a lot of problems here.. :(... Has anyboyd actually got it working? :S... traxor?... anybody?.. or did I do something really wrong.. :S..

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by Doemaarwat on 03-09-2005 at 09:56 PM

Maybe you can send me a debug version with msgboxes in it or something like that.... Maybe it is a date time conversion thing or so...I am online with msn so maybe I can help you directly?

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by taz030485 on 03-09-2005 at 10:23 PM

Just downloaded, killed msn and Plus, installed fine (I checked the reg after running the .bat and the key is the and correct (Y)), ran plus again, ran msn and I got this error.

MSN sat there saying I was signing in till I clicked OK and once I was signed in I checked the plugin list and there is nothing :S but its running otherwise where would the error box come from. I killed everything and tried again and the exact same thing happened.

It is the only plugin I have installed, I am using MSN 7.0.0604, Plus 3.40.112 and XP PRO SP2.

Hope this info helps and this isn't going to be the only release, as I've wanted a plugin like this for a while now, pitty my bday was last week :P

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by wipey on 03-09-2005 at 10:37 PM

I get the same mismatch error:(

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-09-2005 at 10:44 PM

hold on guys.. found out what the problem is... :S:(.. stupid me... lol... will be here in soon... :D...

Edit:
It's fixed now, check the top post and download again... if you have used the install.bat before it should't be necesary to do it again.. :d.. Hope it helps... Thanks for the report...

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by Joa on 03-09-2005 at 11:09 PM

quote:
It's fixed now, check the top post and download again... if you have used the install.bat before it should't be necesary to do it again.. .. Hope it helps... Thanks for the report...

the error message doesn't show up anymore but :sad:
it still doesn't work for me. i installed the new version you posted followed all the directions and it does not show up in the plugin-section of msgplus...

Edit 1:
i installed it on my - public MSN beta. and i have plus! beta 3.4, and the latest stuff plug on this msn as well..

Edit 2:
I tried installing it again, thinking that i did some stupid mistake, but same result and the error message pops up again

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by wipey on 03-09-2005 at 11:26 PM

woohoo well it works so far:)
only thing I can say is that understanding the configure menu was a bit tricky, I think you need to make it simpler somehow with a better explanation or a simpler way to put the countdown date/time in (eg. dropdown menus?)
other than that I'm liking this plugin:)

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by taz030485 on 03-10-2005 at 02:26 AM

Yay no more error box (Y)

I set up the config, time, date, nick, etc. Delay of 6 sec, waited 30 mins and not one change :( so I thought maybe it has to do with me using MSN7 604 so I uninstalled and install 425 and low and behold it worked (Y) So now I must choose MSN7 604 or Count down in my nick *-) or wait till Plus 3.5:P

If anyone gets it working on 604 let me know;)

Other then compatibility (not your fault), very well done in such a short time (CyBeRDuDe) :o)

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-10-2005 at 06:55 AM

Yeah, I have not tested it on 7.0.0604... so I don't give any support on that one... pelase everybody still have the plugin make sure you don't have 7.0.0604...

quote:
Originally posted by wipey
woohoo well it works so far:)
only thing I can say is that understanding the configure menu was a bit tricky, I think you need to make it simpler somehow with a better explanation or a simpler way to put the countdown date/time in (eg. dropdown menus?)
other than that I'm liking this plugin:)

Yeah, right about that, but I do't know if I'm going to do it...it was never really my intention to make this plugin, so.... It was really just a quick thing put together since Doemaarwat requested it and I know several people have requested it, but aqbout user friendlyness was never supposed to be... But MAYBE later, I can't tell yet, time will tell.. Until then, enjoy...
RE: RE: Counter in Nickname Released by Doemaarwat on 03-10-2005 at 07:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
quote:
It's fixed now, check the top post and download again... if you have used the install.bat before it should't be necesary to do it again.. .. Hope it helps... Thanks for the report...

the error message doesn't show up anymore but :sad:
it still doesn't work for me. i installed the new version you posted followed all the directions and it does not show up in the plugin-section of msgplus...

Edit 1:
i installed it on my - public MSN beta. and i have plus! beta 3.4, and the latest stuff plug on this msn as well..

Edit 2:
I tried installing it again, thinking that i did some stupid mistake, but same result and the error message pops up again

I had that too. Just stop MSN. Kill the process MsgPlus in the taskmanager. The restart the Install.bat and NickCounter is in the list.  Now I need to find out how it works ;)... Testing right now.

hmmm... I sound the plugin, have set the information and it does not change my nick at all. What did I do wrong?
[Image: nicknamecounter.jpg]
RE: Counter in Nickname Released by Eljay on 03-10-2005 at 08:20 AM

---------------------------
CountNick
Run-time error '13':

Type mismatch
OK   

when i start msn :S

MSN 7.0.0632/7.0.0425
MsgPlus 3.50 (this might be the problem)

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by Chestah on 03-10-2005 at 08:30 AM

i doubt msgplus 3.50 would be causing a problem LJ :S, the api and hooking into plus wouldn't have changed that much? probably 7.0.0632

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by Eljay on 03-10-2005 at 08:33 AM

yeh but as i said i tried it on 7.0.0425 as well so i thought it might be plus

hold on ill check with 3.40 :P

EDIT: nope same problem with 3.40 :S

RE: RE: Counter in Nickname Released by taz030485 on 03-10-2005 at 08:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
CountNick
Run-time error '13':

Type mismatch
OK   

when i start msn :S

MSN 7.0.0632/7.0.0425
MsgPlus 3.50 (this might be the problem)

Firstly when did you download the plugin as it was updated  after a lot of ppl had gotten the same error msg. If in fact you do have the fixed version try killing everything MSN, plus etc using task manager, then rerun the bat file, run plus and MSN again and hope fully that will fix the error msg.

Secondly I realised earlier that the plugin does NOT work with MSN 7.0.0604 and I think the same would be true for 623, tho I have not tried, 425 works fine tho.

Thirdly and most importantly MsgPlus 3.50 HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED!! As far as I know, if I am wrong pleaes correct me and tell me where it is you found out it was, as this, the offical site doesn't have it ^o) and if it didn't come from here it ain't MsgPlus
RE: Counter in Nickname Released by Eljay on 03-10-2005 at 08:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by taz030485
Firstly when did you download the plugin as it was updated  after a lot of ppl had gotten the same error msg. If in fact you do have the fixed version try killing everything MSN, plus etc using task manager, then rerun the bat file, run plus and MSN again and hope fully that will fix the error msg.

well ill try downloading it again now and see if it helps :)
quote:
Secondly I realised earlier that the plugin does NOT work with MSN 7.0.0604 and I think the same would be true for 623, tho I have not tried, 425 works fine tho.

as i said i have the same problem with .0425 as well

quote:
Thirdly and most importantly MsgPlus 3.50 HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED!! As far as I know, if I am wrong pleaes correct me and tell me where it is you found out it was, as this, the offical site doesn't have it and if it didn't come from here it ain't MsgPlus

your right it hasnt been released, but im a beta tester ;)
RE: RE: Counter in Nickname Released by taz030485 on 03-10-2005 at 08:47 AM

quote:
as i said i have the same problem with .0425 as well
If you go back to one of my previous posts I noted that it worked with 425 and Plus 3.40.112.

quote:
your right it hasnt been released, but im a beta tester ;)

I noticed that after I posted;) "COUGH"GIMME"COUGH" JK:P It might be 3.50 then. Keep up with the beta testing(Y)
RE: Counter in Nickname Released by Eljay on 03-10-2005 at 08:49 AM

ok well i downloaded it again and it works so thanx for the help :P

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-10-2005 at 09:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Doemaarwat
hmmm... I sound the plugin, have set the information and it does not change my nick at all. What did I do wrong?

You need to type "/xcntenable" in a converation window to activate the chaning of nicknames... please read the top post carefully....

Good to see a few people is getting it working...
To all of you that cannot make it work, please note that it does NOT work with 0.604....
RE: RE: Counter in Nickname Released by Doemaarwat on 03-10-2005 at 09:20 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Doemaarwat

You need to type "/xcntenable" in a converation window to activate the chaning of nicknames... please read the top post carefully....

Good to see a few people is getting it working...
To all of you that cannot make it work, please note that it does NOT work with 0.604....

Stupid, stupid me ... it works fine here now :) excellent.

PS: CyberDude, did you get my PM?
RE: Counter in Nickname Released by Eljay on 03-10-2005 at 09:24 AM

ok im getting more problems

code:
CountNick
Run-time error '6':

Overflow
OK   

this happens with msgplus 3.4 and 3.5 with msn 7.0.0425 and 7.0.0632 so its not a compatibility problem :P
RE: Counter in Nickname Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-10-2005 at 09:44 AM

quote:
ok im getting more problems
code:
CountNick
Run-time error '6':

Overflow
OK   

this happens with msgplus 3.4 and 3.5 with msn 7.0.0425 and 7.0.0632 so its not a compatibility problem :P

This seems to be a problem with the time delay, or the Date & Time to count to... Have you had the plugin running before this error? O have you still not been able to get it working?.. if you have had it running before, please go to the plugins folder and just delete the "Nickname Counter.ini" file... I don't no if this fixes it, but it might... If you haven't had it running before then I don't really know what the problem is... :S... I'll try making a version with some more debugging information for you people having problems...
RE: RE: Counter in Nickname Released by taz030485 on 03-10-2005 at 09:49 AM

I'm a bit of an idiot :P earlier when I explained that it didn't work with 604 I never acctually tried "/xcntenable" as i didn't fully read the first post. when I tried it with 425 I did, and also my final attempt on 604 I did not try "/xcntenable"

Just a thought could the non-compatibility with 604 be the fact that you can't use / commands *-) is there any other way to enable the plugin wothout doing it through a convo?
EDIT: Never mind, just checked the ini file and enable is true and my name is not changing, so therefore it must be to do with MSN 604;)

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-10-2005 at 09:55 AM

quote:
I'm a bit of an idiot :P earlier when I explained that it didn't work with 604 I never acctually tried "/xcntenable" as i didn't fully read the first post. when I tried it with 425 I did, and also my final attempt on 604 I did not try "/xcntenable"

Just a thought could the non-compatibility with 604 be the fact that you can't use / commands *-) is there any other way to enable the plugin wothout doing it through a convo?

Ahh.. I See... Ok, I never thought that the problem with 604 and MSG plus was that it doesn't work with / commands... I can easily just add and enable/disable button in the configuration screen... I this is all it takes to make it compatible with 604 I'll do it... :D... hopefully sometime today... :D..
RE: Counter in Nickname Released by Eljay on 03-10-2005 at 09:57 AM

that worked thanks :)

working fine now, great plugin :P

btw it works with the 2 msn vers i tried (.0425 and .0632) and plus vers 3.4 and 3.5 :)

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-10-2005 at 10:18 AM

quote:
EDIT: Never mind, just checked the ini file and enable is true and my name is not changing, so therefore it must be to do with MSN 604;)

Hmm... I'm not sure wether ot wether it's a problem with compatibilty with .0604 yet... As Lee Jeffery states, he had it working with .0632 and I wouldn't suspect .0632 to be more compatible than .0604...

Lee:
did you use plus 3.5 on .0632 and did you also try plus 3.4 on that one?... Or won't the plugin work on .0604/.0632 without plus 3.5?.. I'm ot sure yet... Please somebody confirm this... :d..
RE: Counter in Nickname Released by Doemaarwat on 03-10-2005 at 10:22 AM

I have MSN .0425 and Plus 3.40.112 BETA and it is working for me. Just for the information.

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by Eljay on 03-10-2005 at 10:25 AM

it doesnt work with 3.4 on .0632 but only because / commands dont work i think

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-10-2005 at 12:18 PM

quote:
it doesnt work with 3.4 on .0632 but only because / commands dont work i think

Ok... what if you open the ini file and change "Enable=False" to "Enable=True"... and then try restarting msn again.. does that work?...

BTW:
Some of you people getting errors might be bacuse you need the VB Runtime files, I'm not saying that i'm sure this would help, but it might for some of you.... here they are: VB6 Runtime files at Microsoft.com
RE: Counter in Nickname Released by Eljay on 03-10-2005 at 12:21 PM

quote:

Ok... what if you open the ini file and change "Enable=False" to "Enable=True"... and then try restarting msn again.. does that work?...

yup :)
RE: RE: Counter in Nickname Released by taz030485 on 03-10-2005 at 12:40 PM

quote:
quote:

yup :)

Is that for MsgPlus 3.40 and MSN 7.0.0.6xx?
As it is Enable is set to true for me and my name has not changed at all.
RE: Counter in Nickname Released by John on 03-10-2005 at 01:23 PM

Another awesome plugin CD. :D Great work, keep it up. There's nothing much more I can say, hehe, it's just so good. :P

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by BrOkEn on 03-10-2005 at 08:20 PM

hey its not workin i dunno y :s when i extract the file there'r 2 files 1 .dll file second one is i dunno wat ist , there's no any installer and i cant find configuration in plus :S

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-10-2005 at 08:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BrOkEn
hey its not workin i dunno y :s when i extract the file there'r 2 files 1 .dll file second one is i dunno wat ist , there's no any installer and i cant find configuration in plus :S

READ THE TOP POST GODDAMIT!!!!
And after that, if you still have problems, please read through the read,then when you have done come back with your problem and I might be able to help you, but until you read the first post describing EVERYTHING in DETAILS i'll not help you at all... ok????

sorry folks for the caps, and sorry for the way angry way of replying, but I get so "#¤%"#¤% pissed when people can't seem to read a nicely detalied description following the program!...

Edit:
Here's what it says in the top post, if you want to take your time reading it:

Install:
Extract the zip file to the Messenger Plus!\Plugins folder, and run the "Install NickCount.bat" file, then restart MSN Messenger and you are ready to go...
RE: Counter in Nickname Released by Eljay on 03-11-2005 at 07:48 AM

discovered a problem, not a bug

seeing as the settings for the nick change are stored in the .ini file, all users who log on to the computer get the same countdown :(

Solution: store the settings in the registry so the countdown is different per user :)

RE: RE: Counter in Nickname Released by haydos on 03-12-2005 at 09:34 AM

quote:
all users who log on to the computer get the same countdown :(
Solution: store the settings in the registry so the countdown is different per user :)

How to do this?
My sister's friends are starting to think she is a bit dodgy cuz her nick keeps changin to haydn:P
RE: Counter in Nickname Released by Eljay on 03-12-2005 at 10:08 AM

well it has to be programmed to store the settings in the msgplus registry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<email>\Preferences\Plugins\countnick.dll

* Eljay waits for cyberdude to do it :P

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by user27089 on 03-12-2005 at 10:20 AM

Not working at all for me cyber dude, maybe the .dll hasn't registered or something, I tried to register it, but it got messed up for some reason :s. I'll try some other means of registering it :s

RE: RE: Counter in Nickname Released by haydos on 03-12-2005 at 10:31 AM

quote:
well it has to be programmed to store the settings in the msgplus registry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<email>\Preferences\Plugins\countnick.dll

* Lee Jeffery waits for cyberdude to do it :P

is it possible for a noob like me to do this?? 8-):P
RE: Counter in Nickname Released by Eljay on 03-12-2005 at 10:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by inc_haydn
is it possible for a noob like me to do this?? 8-):P

no it has to be programmed into the plugin :P
RE: Counter in Nickname Released by Art Crazy on 03-12-2005 at 01:34 PM

It works perfectly for me (wasnt working, found out i needed to delete the temporary files, as i had the old one) but now when i click Ok in the configure window this appears:

------------------------------------
|            CountNick               |
|Error Syntax In Date/Time  |
|Error Number: 6                 |
|Error Description: Overflow|
Im setting Date & Time part as 0:00:00 (default) or 00-00-00 00:00:00 (all put in :) ) and i selected seconds & minutes, Counting up, and on N of seconds its 6 (default)

How can i fix it? I read this whole post and nobody seems to have this problem

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-12-2005 at 01:39 PM

About the Registry saving:
It will be programmed in the next version.. :D.. I have thought about this long time ago, I and my self also want this is in.. and it's not hard to do... It's easy... :D.. I just haven't had time recently prpgramming so a new update might take some time... :s... But as stated before this release wasn't really ment to be a huge/world wide release, only ment for a few people to use it and then i'd update it over the time... But I see now that there are really great demand request for this plugin, so I think i'll finish this project before continuing on Tabbed MSN and Further Devolpment on Shortcut Plugin....

quote:
Not working at all for me cyber dude, maybe the .dll hasn't registered or something, I tried to register it, but it got messed up for some reason :s. I'll try some other means of registering it :s
You got it working? or still not working for you?

quote:
Originally posted by Art Crazy
It works perfectly for me (wasnt working, found out i needed to delete the temporary files, as i had the old one) but now when i click Ok in the configure window this appears:

|            CountNick               |
|Error Syntax In Date/Time  |
|Error Number: 6                 |
|Error Description: Overflow|
Im setting Date & Time part as 0:00:00 (default) or 00-00-00 00:00:00 (all put in :) ) and i selected seconds & minutes, Counting up, and on N of seconds its 6 (default)

How can i fix it? I read this whole post and nobody seems to have this problem

As the error says it's some error in the way you entered the Date/time...
Did you say you entered "00-00-00 00:00:00", or are you saying you entered it like that. "xx-xx-xx xx:xx:xx".. the date and time needs to be a valid date and time, eg: "03-04-05 09:10:11"... if you understand?... you cannot use 00 as a date.... the date needs to be speficied as well as the time.. in one of the next version most of these problems will be eliminated...
RE: Counter in Nickname Released by Eljay on 03-12-2005 at 01:41 PM

format for the Date & time is:
dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-12-2005 at 01:46 PM

quote:
format for the Date & time is:
dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss

Yes exactly... :D.. Or almost... It's following you local computers settings...
Meaning if you local setting is dd-mm-yyyy hh:mm:ss then the program needs dd-mm-yyyy hh:mm:ss as the date and time.. if your computers settings is dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss then the program would need /'s instead of -... if you have mm-dd-yyyy then the plugin needs the month first... exacllt how your local computer settings is set up like.. :D..
RE: Counter in Nickname Released by Art Crazy on 03-12-2005 at 02:05 PM

Ok, thx all, got it working!

Great plugin, been wanting some plugin like this forever :)

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by riahc4 on 03-13-2005 at 05:26 PM

If you would make a proper installer. All these problems would problably be avoided.

Could you make one that could change the text to some other text 10 times per 60 seconds? Like to show lyrics...

Ill explain better when I have time..

RE: Counter in Nickname Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-13-2005 at 07:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
If you would make a proper installer. All these problems would problably be avoided.

Could you make one that could change the text to some other text 10 times per 60 seconds? Like to show lyrics...

Ill explain better when I have time..

A proper installer will be avaible sometime.. I just need to get some installer working for my shorcut plugin.. I think i'll be doing my completly own installer for my plugins...

The change thingy, lyrics etc. will be avaible in another plugin i'll be doing sometime... infact I already have this plugin, but I made it long time ago using the normal "/nick" method... I am going to make a Nicname Tool plugin that will have this feature and lots of other features... like scrolling nick(which I also already have in the old version) and other nickname stuff, it will properly also include this counter in it.. I don't know when I will do this, but sometime... :D...

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-22-2005 at 01:22 AM

Bump!.. Just to let all you guys out there knowing that I just released a new version of this plugin! :D...
Here is a screenshot.. :D..

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by BeerBro on 03-22-2005 at 04:14 AM

ok, i found the first bug.. %y=hour.. should be year, rite?

other than that, i want to say THANK YOU for making this wonderful plugin! :D.. i've been wanting something like this for a looong time and u've fufill my dream :D

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by John on 03-22-2005 at 01:20 PM

Extremely great work CD, keep it up. :) (I know you will :P )

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by BeerBro on 03-22-2005 at 01:54 PM

:(..  the plugin seems to disable everytime i shut down msn and i have to enable it each time... can u make it stay enabled all the time?

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-22-2005 at 09:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BeerBro
ok, i found the first bug.. %y=hour.. should be year, rite?

other than that, i want to say THANK YOU for making this wonderful plugin! :D.. i've been wanting something like this for a looong time and u've fufill my dream :D

Hehe, yeah, I noticed that.. :S:(.. I even noticed it before releasing it but I forgot to fix it.. :P.. but isn't really a bug, it's just a minor typo.. :D

quote:
Originally posted by BeerBro
:(..  the plugin seems to disable everytime i shut down msn and i have to enable it each time... can u make it stay enabled all the time?

:S... If you enable it and you shut down msn it should be enabled next time you run msn messenger... :S... At least that is what is supposed to happen...
Please try do this:
Go to start menu, run, then type regedit and press enter.. navigate to:

Replacing <email> with the msn account you use.. then see what is in the settings?.. Is Enable set to true or false, before you shutdown? After you shutdown? When you have just started it?...
Maybe it is the Delay time set to zero? or something else?...
If you keep the regedit window open, then you need to refresh by pressing F5 to see the changes..
Please check these settings and what happens on different events, and then please post again what you have noticed.. :D.. Thanks...

quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar
Extremely great work CD, keep it up. :) (I know you will :P )

I don't know how much more work will be put into this plugin.. properly only bug fixes, there is thou 1 feature I would like to put in before I stop completly, A feature which enables the plugin to do a event on count down is reaching zero... Stop count, Change nick, Continue Count but reverse count type and change nick, etc... :D...
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by John on 03-22-2005 at 10:14 PM

Hehe, ok. Sounds good mate. :)

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by jmccarroll on 03-23-2005 at 09:06 AM

I have a question... it's really just me being confused.  If I wanted to count down by days to a certain event, I can't set it to count down every 24 hours?  It says the limit is 12 hours....

Does this mean set it at 12 hours and it checks every 12 hours to see if it needs to be changed or it would make a change every 12 hours?

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-23-2005 at 09:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jmccarroll
I have a question... it's really just me being confused.  If I wanted to count down by days to a certain event, I can't set it to count down every 24 hours?  It says the limit is 12 hours....

Does this mean set it at 12 hours and it checks every 12 hours to see if it needs to be changed or it would make a change every 12 hours?
It does change you name every 12 hours then.... But if you only put in the tag %d you won't notice the change... :P Because it only shows days.. :D...
BUT Doesn't it have a 1 day limit? I think I put in a 1 day delay? or am I wrong?... I can't check it right now since my computer is tottally screwed!
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by taz030485 on 03-23-2005 at 11:11 AM

Just downloaded the new version, overwrote the dll and now it's not showing in the plugin list. The previous version worked and showed up fine (Checked right b4 I downloaded). I have removed all reg keys and reran the BAT, manually ran regsvr32 and it succeeds and it's still not showing up.

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-23-2005 at 01:20 PM

quote:
Just downloaded the new version, overwrote the dll and now it's not showing in the plugin list. The previous version worked and showed up fine (Checked right b4 I downloaded). I have removed all reg keys and reran the BAT, manually ran regsvr32 and it succeeds and it's still not showing up.
No error messages on start up?... Did you also delete the key
in regedit?.. MsgPlus! migth have disabled this plugin for some reason... Shudown msn, delete the key in reg, delete the key n HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2\RegisteredPlugins that has to with the counter plugin... rerun the bat file... start messenger.. this should hopefully fix it...unless you are missing the calender dll i use... :S... I cannot remember the file name right now, and can't tell you as my computer is currently screwed... :(...

Edit:
What Windows do you use?.. Msn? Plus!?
Please try running a search on windows folder for the file MSCOMCTL.OCX and also the file MSCOMCT2.OCX, if you do then there is some other problem.. Of course only if the "reinstall" doesn't work... If the "reinstall" method doesn't work, try searching for the files, if you don't have them, then search/download them on google, move it to your windows\system folder, if you are using xp then windows\system32 folder... and then use regsvr32 on them... :D... Please report here if it works or not...?...
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by Kruxx on 03-23-2005 at 04:42 PM

Does this work with the new *leaked* version of MSN too, the older version did I know that... But since I updated both plugin and Messenger, it's not showing in the plugin directory...

*EDIT*
Ok, I got it working by following something about registry in the 1st post of this thread...it was working for a while, then all of a sudden I get 2 error messages, happens each time I load msn. (screenshot attatched)

I'm using

Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 7.0.0732
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.50.0124

Exactly the same as my GF who also has the nickname counter plugin working fine, so it cant be incompatibilty i don't think

RE: RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by taz030485 on 03-23-2005 at 11:04 PM

quote:
No error messages on start up?... Did you also delete the key
in regedit?.. MsgPlus! migth have disabled this plugin for some reason... Shudown msn, delete the key in reg, delete the key n HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2\RegisteredPlugins that has to with the counter plugin... rerun the bat file... start messenger.. this should hopefully fix it...unless you are missing the calender dll i use... :S... I cannot remember the file name right now, and can't tell you as my computer is currently screwed... :(...

Edit:
What Windows do you use?.. Msn? Plus!?
Please try running a search on windows folder for the file MSCOMCTL.OCX and also the file MSCOMCT2.OCX, if you do then there is some other problem.. Of course only if the "reinstall" doesn't work... If the "reinstall" method doesn't work, try searching for the files, if you don't have them, then search/download them on google, move it to your windows\system folder, if you are using xp then windows\system32 folder... and then use regsvr32 on them... :D... Please report here if it works or not...?...

No there where no error messages, I had removed both keys you said (and ones for plugins I no longer have;))
I am using
Messenger Client Version: 7.0.0632

The first ocx was there but the second wasn't so I d/led put in system32. I registered both files to be sure then "reinstalled" and now it works fine :) Thanks for your help
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by albert on 03-24-2005 at 12:16 AM

hey, off the hook man!

you keep on suprising me Cyber

although im having trouble starting the counter when I start msn, it's rlly good ;-)

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-24-2005 at 02:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kruxx
Does this work with the new *leaked* version of MSN too, the older version did I know that... But since I updated both plugin and Messenger, it's not showing in the plugin directory...

*EDIT*
Ok, I got it working by following something about registry in the 1st post of this thread...it was working for a while, then all of a sudden I get 2 error messages, happens each time I load msn. (screenshot attatched)

I'm using

Exactly the same as my GF who also has the nickname counter plugin working fine, so it cant be incompatibilty i don't think

Hmm... Yeah, this version haven't been tested properly... As what I can see from the error messages it looks like you have entered a invalid command for one of the settings... I don't know what it might be,I haven't made to much error handling in it(if anything at all :P).. I think the problem could be fixed by going to Start - Run and type regedit, and navigate to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<email>\Preferences\Plugins\countnick.dll
replacing <email> with you msn account... then delete that key, or all values in it.. this will reset all settings and hopefully fix the problem...

quote:
No there where no error messages, I had removed both keys you said (and ones for plugins I no longer have;))
I am using
Messenger Client Version: 7.0.0632

The first ocx was there but the second wasn't so I d/led put in system32. I registered both files to be sure then "reinstalled" and now it works fine :) Thanks for your help
Nice to know that worked.. :D.. When I make an installer i'll just have to include those to files.. then that would be solved.. :D..

quote:
Originally posted by lp15
hey, off the hook man!

you keep on suprising me Cyber

although im having trouble starting the counter when I start msn, it's rlly good ;-)
Cool... :D...
Hmm.. What do you mean with trouble starting the counter when you start msn?... it doesn't start automatically? or doesn't it want to start the counting when you enable it?...
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by Kruxx on 03-24-2005 at 07:59 PM

quote:
Hmm... Yeah, this version haven't been tested properly... As what I can see from the error messages it looks like you have entered a invalid command for one of the settings... I don't know what it might be,I haven't made to much error handling in it(if anything at all ).. I think the problem could be fixed by going to Start - Run and type regedit, and navigate to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<email>\Preferences\Plugins\countnick.dll
replacing <email> with you msn account... then delete that key, or all values in it.. this will reset all settings and hopefully fix the problem...

Worked a treat, and...Everything seems to work also, so I doubt much testing at all needs to be done with the new messenger beta

Aight, ignore my last post about no testing LOL. I'm getting the errors again, I think I know what's causing it now though.

If I remember correctly, last time the errors arrived just after clicking 'Cancel' in the configuration screen. I just pressed cancel in it again, and the errors are here once more.... It's not a big task to fix it but its getting annoying...
(see attachment)

Well I just reformatted my hard drive and tried to re-install this plugin, and unfortunately it's not listed in the plugins anymore. I've gone through the registry like before and deleted one key and re-made the key, then deleted the other to re-set but still..Nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

Plugins:

StuffPlug-NG
Systemstat
Ultimate Messenger Lock plugin
File Transfer Plus
Screenshot Sender 3
ColorNick v2
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-26-2005 at 12:11 AM

Kruxx:

Please don't dobule and triple post... please use the edit button.. :D.. But ok...
Hmm... About the problem with it erroing if you use cancel... I don't suspect any bugs there, since pressing cancel doesn't do anything besides reloading all the settings from the registry... That means if you have saved the settings by pressing the ok button and then gone into the configuration again and press cancel it will just load those settings... If you have used the ok, to save, and you restart MSN Messenger, does it work then? or does it error then?.. If it errors then there is a loading bug, if not then I don't know yet, and wil have to check on this.. If you used the cancel button on the very first run without pressing the ok button then there might be a bug there, I don't know haven't tested that thoughrully... I will have to do some more testing and trashing when I get new computer(hopefully tomorrow or during next week) since I don't have any computer atm... :(...

The problem not working after you formatted it properly due to that you are missing some system files that I use... I have posted this a few posts above this post and here is the copy/paste:

Please try running a search on windows folder for the file MSCOMCTL.OCX and also the file MSCOMCT2.OCX, if you do then there is some other problem.. Of course only if the "reinstall" doesn't work... If the "reinstall" method doesn't work, try searching for the files, if you don't have them, then search/download them on google, move it to your windows\system folder, if you are using xp then windows\system32 folder... and then use regsvr32 on them... ... Please report here if it works or not...?...

Hope it fixes your problems.. :D...

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by M73A on 03-26-2005 at 12:31 AM

ive got msgplus 3.50, msn 7.0.0632 and loadsa other plugins... works fine here(Y)(Y)(Y) GREAT PLUGIN CYBERDUDE

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by Kruxx on 03-26-2005 at 09:59 AM

Sorry about multiple posts, I'm used to other forums that don't have the edit option up for as long as this. But thank you again for a great plugin, works once again, and I think you could be onto something here. If, on the first time configuring if you press cancel you get the errors... I'd suggest fixing this, as if the user isn't sure straight away how to configure, and decide to 'try it later' then the errors will be given when he/she cancels

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-26-2005 at 01:19 PM

quote:
Sorry about multiple posts, I'm used to other forums that don't have the edit option up for as long as this. But thank you again for a great plugin, works once again, and I think you could be onto something here. If, on the first time configuring if you press cancel you get the errors... I'd suggest fixing this, as if the user isn't sure straight away how to configure, and decide to 'try it later' then the errors will be given when he/she cancels
It's ok.. :D...
Hmm... Yes this will be fixed.. hopefully all bugs will be fixed eventually.. :D... Hmm... But can you confirm that this error happens when you press cancel on the first run?... Or not?.. As I can't try it out right now... :(...
quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
ive got msgplus 3.50, msn 7.0.0632 and loadsa other plugins... works fine here(Y)(Y)(Y) GREAT PLUGIN CYBERDUDE
Glad to hear it's working.. :D.. Well.. It was of course also supposed to.. :D:P
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by Kruxx on 03-26-2005 at 02:17 PM

I'll do a quick test right now CD, by this I mean I will delete every trace I have of Nickname Counter, install it from scratch, goto configuration and press cancel immediately. I'll report back.

Edit:

Well, I delete the two keys in the registry both local machine and current user values, re-installed the plugin, made sure keys had been re-made etc. Came to configure and oddly enough, when I pressed cancel...nothing happened... No errors etc.. it did as it was supposed to. So now I am stumped as to what the problem could be, I know there are some issues with MSN Messenger closing without warning (IE when not responding, and I terminate the process) but other than that...what you thinks up?

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-26-2005 at 02:54 PM

quote:
I'll do a quick test right now CD, by this I mean I will delete every trace I have of Nickname Counter, install it from scratch, goto configuration and press cancel immediately. I'll report back.

Edit:

Well, I delete the two keys in the registry both local machine and current user values, re-installed the plugin, made sure keys had been re-made etc. Came to configure and oddly enough, when I pressed cancel...nothing happened... No errors etc.. it did as it was supposed to. So now I am stumped as to what the problem could be, I know there are some issues with MSN Messenger closing without warning (IE when not responding, and I terminate the process) but other than that...what you thinks up?
Hmm.. I'm not really sure then.. the problem might just have been an invalid setting that had been set and then when it loads it loads the setting and if that setting is not valid it might error... I've not done much error handling/testing of this so I can't tell you yet.. I will have to do some more testing uring next week... :d.. hopefully eliminate all bugs.. :D... I didn't spend much time on this plugins so I never gave an garantuee that it was bug free... :P.. thanks for the testing and reporting... :D
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by Kruxx on 03-26-2005 at 03:48 PM

No problem, if you need more testing just let me know, I'd be happy to comply

Also, a little suggestion here...

I know there's an option to add the masks yourself, and name what comes after it (Eg. %d Days, %h Hours and %m Minutes until my birthday!) and if you want there to be a difference between say ... 30 Minute's' and 1 'Minute' you could just include the 's' in brackets...But I dunno, I don't like how that looks (yes I'm picky) would it be possible to somehow make the plugin detect if the counter is down to 1 year/day/hour/minute and automatically change it to remove the 'S'. I know this could cause some confusion in other language and that's why you gave the option to input your own preference but I think it's worth looking at.

Edit:

On second thought, wouldn't having the 's' in brackets an an emoticon to a username anyway? I think this option should seriously be considered

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-27-2005 at 11:53 AM

quote:
No problem, if you need more testing just let me know, I'd be happy to comply

Also, a little suggestion here...

I know there's an option to add the masks yourself, and name what comes after it (Eg. %d Days, %h Hours and %m Minutes until my birthday!) and if you want there to be a difference between say ... 30 Minute's' and 1 'Minute' you could just include the 's' in brackets...But I dunno, I don't like how that looks (yes I'm picky) would it be possible to somehow make the plugin detect if the counter is down to 1 year/day/hour/minute and automatically change it to remove the 'S'. I know this could cause some confusion in other language and that's why you gave the option to input your own preference but I think it's worth looking at.

Edit:

On second thought, wouldn't having the 's' in brackets an an emoticon to a username anyway? I think this option should seriously be considered
This is a good idea, and I am also goin to implement this... :D.. It shouldn't be much work to do that... I will look into this, and hopefully include it... maybe make it like a tag like day[s] then it will write days when the count of days is above 1 and if it's 1 it will only write day.. I will just have to find a suitable way of doing this...
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by Kruxx on 03-27-2005 at 03:14 PM

Great, good luck with it

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by rompom7 on 03-28-2005 at 10:09 AM

Wow great. I never thought you would get around to it! Thanks.

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March) by azur on 03-29-2005 at 02:22 PM

Really nice work! many thx , very good this plugin .. first i had some problems .. but i had to download this other .dll and then it worked:) nice and THX (Y)

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 04-07-2005 at 07:41 AM

Bump!!! :D.. Just to let you guys know that I released a new version.. :D..

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by BEWARE^^ on 04-07-2005 at 07:57 AM

where is link to download it then

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by Chestah on 04-07-2005 at 08:29 AM

It is attached on the front page of this thread :)

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by BEWARE^^ on 04-07-2005 at 10:45 AM

thnx chestah for saying it

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 04-07-2005 at 11:02 AM

:P...
Hmmm.. by the way BEWARE^^.. Not to offend you or anything.. but you properly have the most annoying Signature i've ever seen.... The lightning effect looks nice, but it is really annoying for the eyes!!!... sorry... I hope you could change it to something else?.. Please?.. Just for the rest of us people?...
Hmm.. Does the plugin work for you?.. Do the new tags work? I hope!!! :D...

RE: RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by BEWARE^^ on 04-07-2005 at 11:11 AM

quote:
:P...
Hmmm.. by the way BEWARE^^.. Not to offend you or anything.. but you properly have the most annoying Signature i've ever seen.... The lightning effect looks nice, but it is really annoying for the eyes!!!... sorry... I hope you could change it to something else?.. Please?.. Just for the rest of us people?...
Hmm.. Does the plugin work for you?.. Do the new tags work? I hope!!! :D...

well first of all i can change it and i didnt checkt the counter nickname yet but im going to check it outright away ;)
---------------------------------------second update------------------------------------
well it does not work for me coz it does not come up in the plugins

open a conversation window, go to Plus -> Plugins -> Nickname Counter -> Configure

and in using right now this configurations:

Windows-versie: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger-versie: 7.0.0777
Messenger Plus!-versie: 3.50.0124

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by azur on 04-07-2005 at 11:42 AM

Hello i have this error 13 :-(

it worked for 1 or 2 weeks .. but now when i start msn it appears always

i have

Win XP Professional
OS Version    5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail)
OS Service Pack    Service Pack 2
MSN 7.0 Final  7.0.0777 German
Messenger Plus 3.50.124   

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by watchout on 04-07-2005 at 03:09 PM

First of, great work on this plugin.. It's nearly perfect!

I found some annoying bug though.. As most other users already stated.. After enabling the plugin and shutting down MSN, the next time MSN is started and the contact list is shown the Error 13 shows up.
It happens on all versions I have tried so far, including the latest which has been released today..

I am not sure where the problem relies, but it only happens when the plugin is set to enabled. Also, when the error message comes up, the plugin sort of "crashes", since after the error it isn't shown at the plugins page either in the configuration settings.

I hope you'll be able to resolve this nasty little bug, since a lot of users can't use the plugin because of it :(

Good luck!

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 04-07-2005 at 06:02 PM

:O!!!!!! ARGH!!! :@... That's really annyoing!! :'(
I hoped this verison wasn't that buggy.. And I can NOT make it error when I try enabling it and then exit msn messenger, and then starting it again.. It doesn't want to error... :(.. So I have absolutly no clue as to what causes the error.. :(... Could I get one of you that is having problems please add me to your msn... So you can help me do some testing.. One that knows how to do stuff and doesn't ask 1 million questions how to this and that... :D.. Would really be appricated.. My msn is per_bellfield@yahoo.dk

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by M73A on 04-07-2005 at 07:30 PM

i ahve the older version working downstairs...but on this computer upstairs it wont show up in the plugins section at all.....the files are in the plugins directory of messenger plus! 3, and ive followed the cmd and regedit instructions...still no luck:(...

would it be because im using the final msn 7? msn 7.0.0777?

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 04-07-2005 at 07:35 PM

quote:
i ahve the older version working downstairs...but on this computer upstairs it wont show up in the plugins section at all.....the files are in the plugins directory of messenger plus! 3, and ive followed the cmd and regedit instructions...still no luck:(...

Please check the posts a couple of posts above this... There is something about some missing files ocx files in windows.. :D... That should solve your problem..
And no not beacause of msn 7 final...

RE: RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by BEWARE^^ on 04-07-2005 at 07:50 PM

quote:

i have the same problem as you :) your not able to locate it in the plugin section  like me
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by CookieRevised on 04-07-2005 at 08:05 PM

quote:
This is a good idea, and I am also goin to implement this... .. It shouldn't be much work to do that... I will look into this, and hopefully include it... maybe make it like a tag like day[s] then it will write days when the count of days is above 1 and if it's 1 it will only write day.. I will just have to find a suitable way of doing this...
(...)

Because of some recent suggestions for this plugin, I want to remind you about a post that I made last year in a thread which talked about a possible "counter in nickname" plugin where I already talked about all the possible things you could implement to satisfy everybody and to make it extremely versetile.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=25...d=282993#pid282993

;)
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by M73A on 04-07-2005 at 08:07 PM

quote:
quote:

Please check the posts a couple of posts above this... There is something about some missing files ocx files in windows.. :D... That should solve your problem..
And no not beacause of msn 7 final...
sorry for not reading the last page, it helped:)....just 5 pages:|:|:|:|:|:| i gave up at 2 and a half, lol. THANKS Cyberdude!!!
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by Barisko on 04-07-2005 at 10:02 PM

GREAT PLUGIN!!!!! no.... REALLY!!!

1. Can you make the plug-in so that it updates not the NICKNAME but the PERSONAL MESSAGE that MSN 7.0 introduced?

2. And could you make the plug-in so it "enables" itself everytime i start msn messenger. Until now I needed to enable it everytime i restart messenger, otherwise it wil not update my nickname...

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by Xerxis on 04-08-2005 at 09:43 AM

Hey, as part of a tutorial i used your plugin as example, i hope you don't mind, attached is the installer i made for it.

How to make an installer for your messenger plus plugin with inno setup

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 04-08-2005 at 02:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Barisko
GREAT PLUGIN!!!!! no.... REALLY!!!

1. Can you make the plug-in so that it updates not the NICKNAME but the PERSONAL MESSAGE that MSN 7.0 introduced?

Yes.. This will be considered since I know also use MSN 7 Final.. :D.. I just need to find out how to control the Personal Messages.. :D...

quote:
Originally posted by Barisko
2. And could you make the plug-in so it "enables" itself everytime i start msn messenger. Until now I needed to enable it everytime i restart messenger, otherwise it wil not update my nickname...
Hmmm... I've noticed that this plugin is still vey buggy... Some people have problems that it errors when msn is rerun... My self have the porblem that it doesn't load new settings when I log in to another account... so when I log into my test account where I test my plugins and then on my normal account... then the plugin still is enabled... And some people claimes to have problems with it not enable it self on load... The plugin is made so it enables it self on load, and it works great here with me... I will apperently have to do some more testing.. But to do this.. I also need some persons that are willing to be my testers.. so I can elimate these bugs.. you are welcome to add me to your contacts, I only have one requeriement: That you are not a complete "n00b".. Meaning I suspect you to have at least a bit of knowlegde on what is going on.. and do't ask 1 milliong qquestions like "How to do that", "What is that".. etc... I need some people that have competence enough to my testers.. :D...

quote:
Originally posted by Xerxis
Hey, as part of a tutorial i used your plugin as example, i hope you don't mind, attached is the installer i made for it.

Nice.. :D.. Thank you.... Will try it out now.. see how it works...
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by J.J on 04-08-2005 at 03:25 PM

Hey Cyberdude, great plugin :)

One thing i noticed though, when i use symbols like these:

[Image: Symbols.bmp?dc=4675517388462130338]

Turn out weird when i copy and paste them into the nickname area of the plugin screen

[Image: plugin.bmp?dc=4675517388631899260]

Is there anyway i can stop them from changing like that? If not, it would be great if you could make the symbols appear properly in the next version you make :)

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by Xerxis on 04-08-2005 at 03:47 PM

that's because the standard windows components included with visual basic are not unicode compatible. One way to solve this would be cyberdude using windows forms components 2.0. But then he would have to redistribute them with his plugin, which would be a pain in the ass and forbidden by microsoft if i remember correctly

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 04-08-2005 at 03:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
This is a good idea, and I am also goin to implement this... .. It shouldn't be much work to do that... I will look into this, and hopefully include it... maybe make it like a tag like day[s] then it will write days when the count of days is above 1 and if it's 1 it will only write day.. I will just have to find a suitable way of doing this...
(...)

Because of some recent suggestions for this plugin, I want to remind you about a post that I made last year in a thread which talked about a possible "counter in nickname" plugin where I already talked about all the possible things you could implement to satisfy everybody and to make it extremely versetile.

;)
I've checked the thread.. Apperently I was active in that thread to... :P.. lol!!! But I didn't really find anything I could use in your post.... The only thing was really the (!xcountdown) tag.. But I also had that in my previous version.. But now i changed the system a bit so ýou can't do this anymore.. But in  the next version I will include tags like (!XCNTY), (!XCNTD),(!XCNTH),(!XCNTYM),(!XCNTS) to show number of yers, days, hours, minutes, seconds that the count down uses... this way you can make you own quicktext like "(!XCNTH) hours ,(!XCNTYM) mins ,(!XCNTS) seconds to some event! :D".. etc.. If anybody else have some requests to this plugin please post them.. But I think this plugin will be full very soon.. If I can just get all those nasty bugs out of the way.. :D..

quote:
quote:

Nice.. :D.. Thank you.... Will try it out now.. see how it works...
Edit:
I've just tried the installer.. But it only partly works for me... If I use my old dll file.. the outdated verison.. and try this installer, it doesn't work.. I have to exit msn to be able to overwrite the old dll file... Beacuse of the fact that the Reloader code apparently doesn't unload VB6 files... :(... So... You wil have to include some more code.. If the plugin isn't installed already, then it works fine now.. BUT if the user have the old version or this installer would have to check if they do, and tehn quit/kill messenger, isntall the plugin, and then restart messenger.. If you could make this function for me then it would be really amazing.. And if you do I would be happy ot get the nsis script from you.. I'll give you all the credits for the isntaller as you want!!! :D... I think i'll be using it for all my plugins.. :D...

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
Hey Cyberdude, great plugin

One thing i noticed though, when i use symbols like these:

[Image: Symbols.bmp?dc=4675517388462130338]

Turn out weird when i copy and paste them into the nickname area of the plugin screen

[Image: plugin.bmp?dc=4675517388631899260]

Is there anyway i can stop them from changing like that? If not, it would be great if you could make the symbols appear properly in the next version you make
Hmm.. It's properly beacuse the the letters/symbols you use are unicode charachters, greek etc... I use the standard Textbox control in this plugin and it only supports ASCII Characters... I will look into this, and see if I can find another ontrol more suitable... :D.. I can't promise it will be include in the next version.. But in the final version it will... :D.. This plugin will not be final version until I have this set straight.. Thank you for posting.. :D...

quote:
that's because the standard windows components included with visual basic are not unicode compatible. One way to solve this would be cyberdude using windows forms components 2.0. But then he would have to redistribute them with his plugin, which would be a pain in the ass and forbidden by microsoft if i remember correctly
Hehe.. Was just writing this.
I'll have to use another component, that's true.... But If I/You manange to get the installer working perfectly this wouldn't be a problem any longer.. ... Hmm.. The windows forms 2.0 control is good idea, but i'll just do some research if it's illegal or not.. :D.. Thanks for noting that it might be...
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by Xerxis on 04-08-2005 at 05:51 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224305/EN-US/ (The Fm20.dll is NOT redistributable. You must have an application such as Microsoft Office 97 on the target system that installs Fm20.dll as part of its setup.)

I wouldn't know another free unicode component library

btw, i'll chance the installer so that it terminates the msg plus process if the plugin already exists ;)

RE: RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by CookieRevised on 04-08-2005 at 07:05 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
(...)

;)
I've checked the thread.. Apperently I was active in that thread to... :P.. lol!!! But I didn't really find anything I could use in your post.... The only thing was really the (!xcountdown) tag.. But I also had that in my previous version.. But now i changed the system a bit so ýou can't do this anymore..
With all respect, but you can use everything in that post. The whole system is based upon a few entry fields and all the rest is done with inline tags (aka placeholders). The system is very versitile and you don't need to create any Plus! tags because of that (other then (!xcountdown) or something if you like).  You're already working with placeholders, but it lacks big support and freedom to the user, hence the constant requests to add this and that (eg: add a countdown, add a countup, add a way to remove the 's' from 'days', make it international, etc.).

I'm sorry to say this but, although the current plugin works, it is very very limited in it's current setup.

quote:
But in  the next version I will include tags like (!XCNTY), (!XCNTD),(!XCNTH),(!XCNTYM),(!XCNTS) to show number of yers, days, hours, minutes, seconds that the count down uses... this way you can make you own quicktext like "(!XCNTH) hours ,(!XCNTYM) mins ,(!XCNTS) seconds to some event! :D".. etc..
This will also limit the user and you will still get requests to add this and that, and soon you'll have more then 50 Plus! tags, which is of no use. Revise the system, and use placeholders instead (as shown in my post in that thread), that way the user can make everything as he likes and don't need to constantly use all the Plus! tags in his quicktexts and you also don't overwelm Plus! and the system memory with all kinds of tags....
RE: RE: RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 04-08-2005 at 10:23 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
(...)

;)
I've checked the thread.. Apperently I was active in that thread to... :P.. lol!!! But I didn't really find anything I could use in your post.... The only thing was really the (!xcountdown) tag.. But I also had that in my previous version.. But now i changed the system a bit so ýou can't do this anymore..
With all respect, but you can use everything in that post. The whole system is based upon a few entry fields and all the rest is done with inline tags (aka placeholders). The system is very versitile and you don't need to create any Plus! tags because of that (other then (!xcountdown) or something if you like).  You're already working with placeholders, but it lacks big support and freedom to the user, hence the constant requests to add this and that (eg: add a countdown, add a countup, add a way to remove the 's' from 'days', make it international, etc.).

I'm sorry to say this but, although the current plugin works, it is very very limited in it's current setup.

quote:
But in  the next version I will include tags like (!XCNTY), (!XCNTD),(!XCNTH),(!XCNTYM),(!XCNTS) to show number of yers, days, hours, minutes, seconds that the count down uses... this way you can make you own quicktext like "(!XCNTH) hours ,(!XCNTYM) mins ,(!XCNTS) seconds to some event! :D".. etc..
This will also limit the user and you will still get requests to add this and that, and soon you'll have more then 50 Plus! tags, which is of no use. Revise the system, and use placeholders instead (as shown in my post in that thread), that way the user can make everything as he likes and don't need to constantly use all the Plus! tags in his quicktexts and you also don't overwelm Plus! and the system memory with all kinds of tags....

Well.. I see your point, and I agree with you.. But I can't be bothered putting much more work into this plugin.. I have a thousand of other plugins on my to do list.. so.. I will try to finish this plugin as it is.. I might recode everything when I finally get some time to code a "big" plugin with loads of different features... :P... But ATM this is going to be as it is... :S...
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by J.J on 04-09-2005 at 09:47 AM

quote:
I will look into this, and see if I can find another ontrol more suitable... .. I can't promise it will be include in the next version.. But in the final version it will... .. This plugin will not be final version until I have this set straight.. Thank you for posting.. ...

Thats great, g/l Cyberdude :)
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by inquiringmind on 04-10-2005 at 08:10 AM

does this work with colour nick?

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 04-10-2005 at 08:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by inquiringmind
Hmm... I don't know.. haven't tested... I will test later today.. :D...
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by J.J on 04-10-2005 at 08:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by inquiringmind

Yes it works if you copy the colour nick, nickname colour code :)
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by Matafluer on 04-18-2005 at 04:20 PM

OMG, I sooo want this plugin, but I just tried to install it and now my MSN won't open. WTH is going on? Can some one tell me?

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by Weyzza on 05-05-2005 at 06:08 AM

Okay...
I now have a problem with it.

I tried to install it, but the options didn't show up.
I just reinstalled my comp, so I was thinking that I might a particular file to make it run.

The installation ran smoothly, but I couldn't find the counter in Plus!/Pref/Plugins.

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 05-05-2005 at 09:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matafluer
OMG, I sooo want this plugin, but I just tried to install it and now my MSN won't open. WTH is going on? Can some one tell me?
No.. sorry... Haven't spend much time on this plugin lately so can't tell you anything.. :S.. Well.. might be able to help you if you give some info?... Messenger Version, Plus! version? Windows? Etc...?
If you go to "c:\program files\messenger plus! 3\Plugins"(replace c:\program files\ with the folder that matches on your computer) and delete the file Countnick.dll then start messenger again you should be fine again... :D.. Well.. sorry I can't be to more help right now... :(.. Please read the end of this post.. Might be able help you.. i'm not sure...?

quote:
Originally posted by thekid
Okay...
I now have a problem with it.

I tried to install it, but the options didn't show up.
I just reinstalled my comp, so I was thinking that I might a particular file to make it run.

The installation ran smoothly, but I couldn't find the counter in Plus!/Pref/Plugins.

Did you use the setup that was posted by Xerxis? or did you download and install the one on the first post?`..

If you did use the installer by Xerxis , then it's kinda hard to tell you what the problem might be, but maybe going for solution number 2 might help... :S... If you didn't use that installer but used the one in the top post then you can either try the installer or go for one of the solutioins... I hope this would work...

Since I haven't made an installer yet(Except Xerxis installer, but it haven't been tested completly yet), and it will come soon... when I have finsihed my exams project... This seems to be the problem in most cases:
You are missing the nessecary system files for this plugin to run...

You can do 1 of the following things...

1: Please try running a search on windows folder for the file MSCOMCTL.OCX and also the file MSCOMCT2.OCX, if you do have them both then there is some other problem.. If you don't have them then search them on google and download them.. Move them to your windows\system folder, if you are using xp then windows\system32 folder... and then use regsvr32 on them... To regsvr32 them go to Start -> Run, and then type "regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\mscomctl.ocx" and press enter, then go to Start -> Run and this time type "regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\mccomct2.ocx" and press enter... This should hopefully fix your problem.. :D.. please report if it works?

2: Some of you people getting errors might be because you need the VB Runtime files, I'm not saying that i'm sure this would help, but it might for some of you.... here they are: VB6 Runtime files at Microsoft.com

Hope this solves your problems (and you understand what i'm trying to say) if not, then please post again.. :D
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by Weyzza on 05-06-2005 at 02:55 AM

Hi (CyBeRDuDe),

I can get the plugin working now, but it was really funny.

I used the files you posted on the top post, and I never noticed the installer by Xerxis.
So I gave it a try.
The funny thing is, it works (using the installer by Xerxis) :p
And I didn't need to restart the messenger.

However, before the plugin worked, I did notice the value of Enable in the registry setting was 0.
I tried to change it to 1 manually, but it didn't give any result.
It just changed back to 0 again.

I really like this plugin, and this is something that I waited for a long time.

May I suggest you to use the suggestion from CookieRevised?
I see it as a great idea for your plugin in the future.
But, yeah, it's up to you :p

Edit: Question for you:
The plugin is automatically disabled if I reboot the computer. Is that normal?
Can you possibly keep it running (or remember the settings) although I signed out from the messenger?

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 05-07-2005 at 12:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by thekid
Hi (CyBeRDuDe),

I can get the plugin working now, but it was really funny.

I used the files you posted on the top post, and I never noticed the installer by Xerxis.
So I gave it a try.
The funny thing is, it works (using the installer by Xerxis) :p
And I didn't need to restart the messenger.

However, before the plugin worked, I did notice the value of Enable in the registry setting was 0.
I tried to change it to 1 manually, but it didn't give any result.
It just changed back to 0 again.

I really like this plugin, and this is something that I waited for a long time.

May I suggest you to use the suggestion from CookieRevised?
I see it as a great idea for your plugin in the future.
But, yeah, it's up to you :p

Edit: Question for you:
The plugin is automatically disabled if I reboot the computer. Is that normal?
Can you possibly keep it running (or remember the settings) although I signed out from the messenger?
I'm glad to hear it works..
Well.. The idea is that it was supposed to auto enable again when you have restarted msn or your computer.. It was programmed to do that, to save your settings.. Well.. I'll have to check on that.. Maybe i've not made it load that setting properly.. I don't know and can't do much about it right now.. sorry.. will make an update later...
And I don't think i'm going to make CookieRevised suggestion.. I've made far more with this plugin than originally intended.. so.. And also i've got a lot of other projects in line.. currently working on PolyTab and an autoresponder bot plugin whenever i have time for that.. so... I'll take a look a look at the problem that it doesn't run again after reboot but don't expect more updates other than this bugfix and i'll replace the one in the top post with an installer... :D
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by user13774 on 05-10-2005 at 06:44 PM

I just noticed that the plugin doesn't support multiple account well, because my little brothers name suddenly changed to the name I entered in the plugin settings on my MSN account after the delay time (which is 1 hour). (This happaned after I logged off and he logged on)

Messenger-versie: 7.0.0813 (Wave 11 Skin)
Messenger Plus!-versie: 3.52.0130
Nickname Counter 1.0.15

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 05-10-2005 at 08:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Markus
I just noticed that the plugin doesn't support multiple account well, because my little brothers name suddenly changed to the name I entered in the plugin settings on my MSN account after the delay time (which is 1 hour). (This happaned after I logged off and he logged on)

Messenger-versie: 7.0.0813 (Wave 11 Skin)
Messenger Plus!-versie: 3.52.0130
Nickname Counter 1.0.15
Yes I think I know this.. :S... I'm still not sure what the problem is.. It is supposed to be user specific.. But I think I remember I found this problem to.. Seems to not be able to get the email when a new person logs in.. It works if you shutdown msn and then open again and signin in with your brothers account, right?... I will have to check on this later.. sorry.. I will make an update when I find out what the problem is.... Thanks for reporting...
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by user13774 on 05-11-2005 at 09:41 AM

quote:
t works if you shutdown msn and then open again and signin in with your brothers account, right?.
Yes. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's right :). Because it works fine when he logs on after a reboot.
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by Rik on 05-11-2005 at 02:20 PM

great plugin(y), but please post a link for the installer - i installed by the .bat and it didn't work, i had to read all most all the pages for some help, then i found the installer
great plugin any way:D

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 05-11-2005 at 02:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Cool Rik
great plugin(y), but please post a link for the installer - i installed by the .bat and it didn't work, i had to read all most all the pages for some help, then i found the installer
great plugin any way:D
I will when I get some more time on my hands.. :D...

quote:
Originally posted by kalmi
It's working at me, it's very good!(Y)
But the .bat is bad for new versions of Messenger Plus.:(
I wrote the good version of .bat
Ok.. Nice to know it's working...
Would you please do me a favor?...
Go to your start menu.. Press the Run button.. there type in "regedit".. Press the enter key...
Then you see a screen, right?.. With some "folders"?.. then please navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou"...
Please tell me where all the other registred plugins you are using are positioned?... In a folder called MsgPlus2? Or a folder named MsgPlus3?... If you used the reg you "repaired" then the counter nick plugin would be in the MsgPlus3 folder... All of your settings, like preferences and sounds etc. Are they positioned in the folder MsgPlus3? or in MsgPlus2?..
Thanks in advance...

Edit:
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou" should be "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Patchou"
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by CookieRevised on 05-20-2005 at 01:36 AM

quote:

code:
regsvr32 CountNick.dll /s
reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus3\RegisteredPlugins /v "Nickname Counter" /d CountNick.clsCountNick

That's wrong.... The correct key is HKLM\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2\RegisteredPlugins

Plus! 3 does not use "MsgPlus3" as subkey. Although intensions were good, Never assume something like that before testing, especially when posting installers for plugins of other people! ;)

Plus! still uses "MsgPlus2" for obvious compatibily reasons (and thus will always keep using "MsgPlus2" in the futur also)...
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 05-20-2005 at 01:37 AM

quote:
quote:

code:
reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus3\RegisteredPlugins /v "Nickname Counter" /d CountNick.clsCountNick

That's wrong.... The correct key is HKLM\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2\RegisteredPlugins

Do not assume, that Plus! 3 uses "MsgPlus3" as subkey! It still uses "MsgPlus2" for obvious compatibily reasons. And for this proably will always use "MsgPlus2"...
Correct!!!... :d..
Hopefully he will come by one day and delete the post or some Admin would please delete the post/attachement... :D..
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by CookieRevised on 05-20-2005 at 05:43 PM

quote:
but the original didn't worked at me
That's not a reason to try and fix it tbh. The original batch file works perfectly IF the command REG is a valid command....

... And the DLL was also registered. The plugin seems to be a VB plugin (from seeing the batch installer) and VB plugins need also to be registered with regsvr32. But the batch installer doesn't do this, so this couldn't be the batch installers fault anyways if this wasn't done...*

Correct me if I'm wrong, CyBeRDuDe.

-----

So, kalmi, if the plugin didn't work, start by posting your system specs. What Windows version do you use? What is your complete and exact MSN Messenger version (in the form of x.x.xxxx)? What is the complete and exact version of Plus! you're using (in the form of x.xx.xxx)?

-----

*EDIT:
quote:
The Batch file DOES register the dlll with Regsvr32... :D..
code:

lol, errr yes, I must have been drunk or something for not seeing the first line, lol... soz
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 05-20-2005 at 07:48 PM

quote:
... And the DLL was also registered. The plugin seems to be a VB plugin (from seeing the batch installer) and VB plugins need also to be registered with regsvr32. But the batch installer doesn't do this, so this couldn't be the batch installers fault anyways if this wasn't done...

Correct me if I'm wrong, CyBeRDuDe.

The Batch file DOES register the dlll with Regsvr32... :D..
code:
reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2\RegisteredPlugins /v "Nickname Counter" /d CountNick.clsCountNick

But of course, this batch file needs to be executed/placed in the same folder as the plugin dll file... Which means in the Plugins folder of Messenger Plus....
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by riahc4 on 05-21-2005 at 11:43 AM

This plugin doesnt work for me :( I ran the batch file with the dll both inside the plugin folder but it doesnt appear as a plugin. Plus! preferences doesnt detect it as a plugin

RE: RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by Rik on 05-21-2005 at 12:55 PM

quote:
This plugin doesnt work for me :( I ran the batch file with the dll both inside the plugin folder but it doesnt appear as a plugin. Plus! preferences doesnt detect it as a plugin

try using the installer posted by Xeris
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by watchout on 05-23-2005 at 06:07 PM

The only problem I still have with this plugin is that it doesn't start at startup...

It works great once I have manually enabled the plugin.. The plugin just isn't enabled by default, eventhough I have set it in the properties and registry multiple times..

I checked the registry. The registry-key called "enable" is set to "true". BUT once Messenger plus! starts, the value is automatically set to "false" again. Verry odd..

It's the only bug I was able to find :)

For now I will just initiate the /xcntenable command as soon as MSN starts

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by riahc4 on 05-23-2005 at 06:51 PM

A suggestion:
Put in the double click help popup a example. Makes it much easier to see....

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by riahc4 on 06-04-2005 at 11:50 AM

(CyBeRDuDe) are you gonna do more updates for this plugin?

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by Metall [PT] on 06-04-2005 at 06:51 PM

what about make this plugin possible in the "personal message field"?
BTW awsone little plugin :D

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 06-04-2005 at 08:01 PM

quote:
A suggestion:
Put in the double click help popup a example. Makes it much easier to see....
I will do that... Thaks for reminding.. :D..
quote:
(CyBeRDuDe) are you gonna do more updates for this plugin?
Yes.. Some updates will be here soon(don't know when)... Working on my formerly known as plugin Tabbed MSN.. :D.. Should be ready in a few days... You all will love it, when I release it.. ;).. It's gonna hit big time!!! :D...

quote:
Originally posted by Metall [PT
]what about make this plugin possible in the "personal message field"?
BTW awsone little plugin :D
Might do that.. :D...

Updates:
Will make a few "quickfixes", and then make a installer for it and release a new version soon.... Just gonna release my other plugin first... :D..

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by absorbation on 06-04-2005 at 08:04 PM

quote:
s:
Will make a few "quickfixes", and then make a installer for it and release a new version soon.... Just gonna release my other plugin first... .

Which is :P Tabbed msn?
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by Metall [PT] on 06-04-2005 at 08:20 PM

I had another idea... what about to make possible to when the time elapses to be able to change to another frase you want?
for example if you'r counting the time to pass the year, and when the time elapses to put a "good year" name...

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 06-04-2005 at 11:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Metall [PT
]I had another idea... what about to make possible to when the time elapses to be able to change to another frase you want?
for example if you'r counting the time to pass the year, and when the time elapses to put a "good year" name...
Thought about that.. If you read the entire thread you would see that I proposed this idea my self.. I didn't actually want to stop this project before I had done that.. But since I found another project to do instead which I know will make MUCH more people happy, I kinda stopped the devolpment on this plugin... I might sooner og later give the source to a programmer that is willing to fullfill this project...

To-do list would then be:
Chance when count has reached zero/time elapsed(This includes options such as: Change to a new nick without further countdown, change to a new countdown with another text, change to another text but keep counting just the opposit way)... :D..
Count in Personal Message
Better GUI?..
Maybe a better countdown system?...
Etc...

But until someone else takes this project and continue it is ratehr considered dead/finished, will just make those quickfixes and a installer, and then that's the end from my side... I will see if I can find someone to continue this project for me... Since I see there is lots of people who like this plugin... So...
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by riahc4 on 06-05-2005 at 08:39 AM

Damn this is IMO is your best plugin out of all the ones you created in your sig...:(

I really wish someone could take this project and continue it because it looks great.

great now it doesnt work :(

[Image: untitled56bp.jpg]
RE: RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by Metall [PT] on 06-05-2005 at 02:52 PM

quote:
Damn this is IMO is your best plugin out of all the ones you created in your sig...:(

I agree with you but apparently some people like the other plugins more, so CD "should do" what the majority of the "consumers" ask :D
we hope someone grabs this plugin and continue his development
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by Curtis on 06-06-2005 at 03:48 AM

I was wondering, this is all so confusing for me, Is there a .exe installer version for this? im too confused with the .bat thing.

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 06-06-2005 at 01:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Curtis
I was wondering, this is all so confusing for me, Is there a .exe installer version for this? im too confused with the .bat thing.
Well... Officially there is no .exe installer... Somewhere in the thread there is an installer posted by Xeris... This installer is however not supported, but it might work for you... I will, as stated in a few posts before this one, release 1 new version with a installer and a few quickfixes... BUT this might take a few days as, also stated in a few posts before this, i'm busy working on other stuff....

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by riahc4 on 06-09-2005 at 09:13 PM

Repeat....could anyone help me with the problem that pop up?

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 06-09-2005 at 09:57 PM

quote:
Well... Not exactly, since I didn't put much error handling in it, and the error message you get is a very regular message that doesn't give me much info... so.. :S:(...
One thing you might try to is to go to Regedit and locate "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<Email>\Preferences\Plugins\CountNick.dll" (replace <email> with your email)... and then delete that key... then try again... hopefully that would solve you problem?... If not, please try writting again... :d..
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by riahc4 on 06-21-2005 at 06:55 PM

quote:
quote:
Well... Not exactly, since I didn't put much error handling in it, and the error message you get is a very regular message that doesn't give me much info... so.. :S:(...
One thing you might try to is to go to Regedit and locate "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<Email>\Preferences\Plugins\CountNick.dll" (replace <email> with your email)... and then delete that key... then try again... hopefully that would solve you problem?... If not, please try writting again... :d..
Yes it solved my problem. But it seems the problem is whenever I click on Cancel in the dialog for making the nick. Very annoying bug.

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by Ezra on 07-01-2005 at 04:03 PM

UH, got a little problem, the count is wrong :S

I set it for 15 juli and it says 13 days left, but it's 14 days :S

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 07-01-2005 at 10:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
UH, got a little problem, the count is wrong :S

I set it for 15 juli and it says 13 days left, but it's 14 days :S
It depends on the time you you have set... If you set it to 15th of July and the time is set to 00:00 then it will only be 13 days + a few hours depending on what time is...
At least.. I think that's the problem.. it's because it counts the time with.. Meaning you have to specify the hours to count to...
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by Ezra on 07-02-2005 at 02:28 PM

Ah, I see, thnx :)

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 11-09-2005 at 08:39 PM

Bump! Check out Anybody wants to take over my projects?

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by Ben on 11-11-2005 at 06:54 AM

Type mismatch error... worked for a day, opened msn the next day and I get an error 13...

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by Jamibu on 12-23-2005 at 01:29 AM

I'm aware you're attempting to find others to work on your codes, and I'm also aware that as this is my first post on this particular forum , you may not listen to much to me lol

All i was wondering is if it was possible to introduce one more tag into the plugin, to display months. I am counting up from an event over 7 months ago, and I would prefer it to say 7 months, 4 days etc. than 218 days.

Hope either CD or whoever gets this code can ssee someway of doing it.

Loving your plugin, this one plugin is the entire reason I even got MSGPlus!

Jamibu

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 12-23-2005 at 01:29 PM

Welcome to the forum.. :)
Well.. Yes, this is possible.. Though this might be the job for whoever wants to take this project (sometime, if any? :P) .
It is possible, and could be done in 2 ways:
1: Just divide the number of days by 30, to give a number of months, and the rest would be days.. Would be very easy to do it this way... But this would give a "inaccuratly" result, because each month have different number of days.. But it would fit the most needs..
2: Would be to calculate each month ahead, including 1 day in february when leap year. This would be a litle more diffcult then the first method, but would give the exact number of months and days.

Thanks for your idea, and I'm glad to hear you love my plugin.. :)

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by Jamibu on 12-23-2005 at 06:25 PM

Thanks for your quick reply!

Also, was there a solution to the type mismatch error 13 thing? i read through the forum before this error came up and i don't REMEMBER seeing one, but if so, please let me know, cos until then I won't be able to use the plugin anyway :(

Messenger Plus 3.62.146
Messenger 7.5.0311
Windows XP SP2

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by XxDeMoNxX on 12-23-2005 at 07:00 PM

is there a fix for this runtime error? Please?!

oh and is there a way to UN - INSTALL this plugin? I hatee to see that error i will retry the plugin when its fixed. Ty.

Good plugin just buggy :(

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 12-24-2005 at 12:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jamibu
Thanks for your quick reply!

Also, was there a solution to the type mismatch error 13 thing? i read through the forum before this error came up and i don't REMEMBER seeing one, but if so, please let me know, cos until then I won't be able to use the plugin anyway :(

Messenger Plus 3.62.146
Messenger 7.5.0311
Windows XP SP2
9 posts above your post, there is a solution.. I hope that could solve the problem.. :).. http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=39...d=477233#pid477233
I am still not aware of what causes that bug.. So I'd have to check on that someday, or someone else will have to do that...

quote:
Originally posted by XxDeMoNxX
oh and is there a way to UN - INSTALL this plugin? I hatee to see that error i will retry the plugin when its fixed. Ty.

Good plugin just buggy :(
Go to Plus! -> Settings -> Plugins, and uncheck the counter in nickname plugin.. Restart Messenger...
You could also try the solution that I describe in the link giving above.. I hope that could solve the problem....
Apparently there seems to be a bug when the Cancel Button is pressed.. Though i'm not sure.. If you notice, then it's about 8 months since I looked at this plugin.. So, I don't remember much of the code or what bugs were found etc...
If you are a programmer, and knows how to program MsgPlus! Plugins you are welcome to continue the project if you want to?... :P...
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by Jamibu on 12-24-2005 at 09:27 AM

Well it works temporarily, but as soon as I exit Messenger, or indeed restart the computer, the error returns again, and deleting something from the registry every time I want to use Messenger will get a bit tiresome :(

Ah well

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by NiteMare on 12-28-2005 at 03:12 PM

has the bug that disabled it when you shut down MSN been fixed yet?

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 12-28-2005 at 08:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
has the bug that disabled it when you shut down MSN been fixed yet?
I'm not sure.. I don't remember.. :S...
I think so.. The problem now is that if you leave it on, then the next time you login with another account it still runs.. :S... And also the Error 13 seems to still be existing.. :(
Also depends on what version you have tried?.. The "newest version" is still from 7th of april.. So it's 8 months ago...
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by Jamibu on 12-29-2005 at 08:44 AM

so there is still no fix to the error 13 problem then?

ah

RE: RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by CookieRevised on 12-29-2005 at 07:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jamibu
All i was wondering is if it was possible to introduce one more tag into the plugin, to display months. I am counting up from an event over 7 months ago, and I would prefer it to say 7 months, 4 days etc. than 218 days.
'Months' is a different kind of time unit than 'days', 'hours', 'minutes' and 'seconds'. Months (and years) do not have a fixed length, whereas days, hours, minutes and seconds do have a fixed length. An hour is always 60 minutes, a minute is always 60 seconds, etc[*].... But a month is not always x days.

In context of counting down time, this is extremely important to make that difference. When dealing with the term 'months' in context of calculating elapsed time (and thus not in context of dates), it will always be 30 days, there is no logical way around it.

As CyBeRDuDe has said, you would think there are two ways of including such a tag:
1) Just divide the number of total days by 30, to give a number of elapsed months, and the rest would be elapsed days...
2) Calculate each month ahead, including 1 day in february when leap year, etc...

Now, method 2 is not so accurate as you might think. In fact it will be way more off and inconsistant in many circumstances. This is because you are mixing two contextual things together: dates and elapsed time. Those two can't be logically mixed. eg:

Consider two datetimes (leaving the hours, minutes and seconds away for the purpose of simplification): '28 februari 2005' and '28 march 2005'. How many months are there between the two dates? Following the logic of point 2, you would say, precisly 1 month, and I would agree with you...
Same with '17 September' -> '17 October' = 1 month
Same with '5 June' -> '5 July' = 1 month

But consider another starting datetime: '31 march 2005'
When will there be 1 month elapsed? 30 april? 1 may?
If you say 30 april, then what about if the start date was 30 march?
If you say 1 may, wouldn't that make the start date 1 april?

If you say you had dinner 1 month ago, and the current date is:
29 march, when did you had the dinner? 28 februari? 1 march?
30 march, when did you had the dinner? 28 februari? 1 march? 2 march?
31 march, when did you had the dinner? 28 februari? 1 march? 2 march? 3 march?

Or: It is januari 29th, and you will have dinner in 1 month. does that mean februari 28th? march 1st? What about having dinner in 1 month and 2 days? What would that be?
Or: It is march 29th, and you had dinner 1 month and 1 day ago. When did you had the dinner?
Or: It is march 29th, and you had dinner 1 month and 2 days ago. When did you had the dinner?

As you can see there is no logic in all this, and that is why, in context of time differences, a month is always considered 30 days.

Unless you only consider the month number and not days, hours, etc. eg: now it is march, one month ago it was februari (even if you say this on march 31st).

That is also why, when you ask to calculate the difference in units of months, any API function and other native function of a programming language wich deals with datetime differences will only consider the month and will disregard any other time unit. Thus you'll get: februari 1st - januari 31st = 1 month, although only 1 day has ellapsed. Or if other time units can't be disregarded (as in the countdown plugins) it will always take 30 days as a 'month'...

(The same with year calculations btw)

-----

[*]Although a day will not always be 60*60*24 seconds! This is extremely rare though.

But as a matter of fact, december 31st 2005 will actually be 1 second longer if you live in the GMT or a GMT- timezone!! If you live in a GMT+ timezone januari 1st will be 1 second longer. This is what is called a leap second.

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by onetouchspark on 01-01-2006 at 07:21 PM

Can I count not til the date but from a date?
I cant seem to figure that out :)

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 01-01-2006 at 10:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by onetouchspark
Can I count not til the date but from a date?
I cant seem to figure that out :)
Yes you can.. You can do both...
You decide in the optios screen.. Wether to count up or count down..
Count down = Counts TO a date
Count up = Counts FROM a date

:)
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by Lfm on 06-03-2006 at 06:46 PM

Hello.... iam using this countdown timer for MSN and it's great!!
Works fine and would like to thanks you!

But i am getting the error "Your display name could not be changed. Please try again later"

and it's realy annoying, it comes up every couple of mins!
Is there a way of disabling this error message from coming up?

Thanks

RE: RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by CookieRevised on 06-03-2006 at 09:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lfm

But i am getting the error "Your display name could not be changed. Please try again later"

Thanks

The plugin from this thread is very old and also contains some bugs.

I advise to use the following countdown plugin instead, which has all the same (and some more) options:

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=52...d=614124#pid614124

(shameless advertising, but still...)

-------

As for the error you get, that is quite a "normal" error with such plugins (mind the quotes). The fault isn't so much in the plugin itself (unless you use an update interval which is too frequent (less than every 6 seconds or so)), but some yet to define other flood protection or something (or even a bug?) in Messenger itself.
RE: RE: RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April) by Lfm on 06-04-2006 at 12:27 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lfm

Thanks

The plugin from this thread is very old and also contains some bugs.

I advise to use the following countdown plugin instead, which has all the same (and some more) options:

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=52...d=614124#pid614124

(shameless advertising, but still...)

-------

As for the error you get, that is quite a "normal" error with such plugins (mind the quotes). The fault isn't so much in the plugin itself (unless you use an update interval which is too frequent (less than every 6 seconds or so)), but some yet to define other flood protection or something (or even a bug?) in Messenger itself.

Thank you! Thanks for the link!! and the help.