Shoutbox

MSN 7 question - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN 7 question (/showthread.php?tid=39865)

MSN 7 question by ScaryMovieFan on 03-09-2005 at 11:28 PM

I have a question, will MSN force you to upgrade to msn 7 when it offically comes out ..i hope not becuase it's very poor. :(

RE: MSN 7 question by *Saint* on 03-09-2005 at 11:34 PM

probably becasue they forced other MSN updates

RE: MSN 7 question by Hank on 03-10-2005 at 12:50 AM

you will need the latet MSN Messenger ddue to Security Enhancements etc

RE: MSN 7 question by EvilSeph on 03-10-2005 at 01:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ScaryMovieFan
I have a question, will MSN force you to upgrade to msn 7 when it offically comes out ..i hope not becuase it's very poor. :(

Just curious. What don't you like about MSN Messenger 7? What do you like about MSN Messenger 7? What would you like changed?

So many people seem to not like MSN Messenger 7, but I find it a cool change. There's some things I'd change and some things I don't like about it, but it's better than MSN Mesesnger 6, in my honest opinion.

Please provide your feedback, I'm genuinely interested. :)
RE: MSN 7 question by Hank on 03-10-2005 at 01:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
So many people seem to not like MSN Messenger 7, but I find it a cool change. There's some things I'd change and some things I don't like about it, but it's better than MSN Mesesnger 6, in my honest opinion.

i agree with u ES, but i feel Winks Suck, thats the only feature i dislike  apart from that its an improvement over 6.X versions
RE: MSN 7 question by carlica on 03-10-2005 at 01:35 AM

Same question, what do you dislike about Messenger 7?

RE: MSN 7 question by Dempsey on 03-10-2005 at 08:42 PM

i don't think there's anything i paticaully dislike about MSN7, but i think its just cos im used to MSN6.2, it works for me and does everything I want it to so i dont see the point of upgrading. 

I used 7 for a day or so but it just seemed to cluttered to me, all the extra buttons in the chat window and stuff.

RE: MSN 7 question by net-cruizer on 03-10-2005 at 09:23 PM

I find MSN Messenger 7 to work even bettter than 6.2.
It doesn't use any more resources as far as I've noticed. And anything extra on v7 that people may consider bloat, can easily be removed, disabled, etc. etc.
Personally I love it, would never go back to any previous version.

RE: MSN 7 question by Concord Dawn on 03-10-2005 at 09:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
quote:
Originally posted by ScaryMovieFan

Just curious. What don't you like about MSN Messenger 7? What do you like about MSN Messenger 7? What would you like changed?

Please provide your feedback, I'm genuinely interested. :)

An option to disable all the friggin buttons in the chat windows! I never use winks or nudges, and the backgrounds, what's hot, etc. I could care less about. And besides even if MSN doesn't provide an option, I'll just use Ahmad's guide and Reshack it so they aren't there anyways. I'd really only do that if MSN didn't give me an option though.
RE: MSN 7 question by albert on 03-11-2005 at 02:38 AM

ye well i posted a thread similiar to this.. didnt see this one.. sorry about that.. but ehh.. ye well it's not that I dunt like it, i rlly do like msn 7, but the thing is my friend's got a 500Mhz computer.. and it runs rlly rlly slow.. n he dont like windows messenger.. so ye.. thats the only reason

RE: MSN 7 question by EvilSeph on 03-11-2005 at 04:06 AM

Would it be a deciding factor for him if MSN Messenger were able to be setup with a minimal interface? Removal of buttons not used, etc?

RE: MSN 7 question by x2zen on 03-11-2005 at 06:43 AM

You can still use 6.2 after 7.0 final is out, just like you still can use 5.0.

RE: MSN 7 question by Chop on 03-11-2005 at 07:27 AM

What i dont like of the latests betas [the private one etc] is that with thumbails, the contacts looks so big (and i usually have more than 50 contacts online at a time), and without thumbails, the contacts looks so unity to the others .. it looks weird. Also the emoticons in the contact list, they look very bad =/

Instead of that, i like my msg 7 :p

RE: MSN 7 question by Caboose on 03-11-2005 at 07:50 AM

Just set the thumbnail preview size to 'small' and it'll be fine o.O

But yeah, if you don't want to use MSN Messenger 7, you can probably still use 6.2.

RE: MSN 7 question by B-Style on 03-11-2005 at 01:36 PM

quote:
Yeah right, As if the makers of MSN will listen 2 a few people
RE: MSN 7 question by Hank on 03-11-2005 at 01:40 PM

they have been so far