Shoutbox

Messenge follow by garbage and History log is also garbage in simple chinese version! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Messenge follow by garbage and History log is also garbage in simple chinese version! (/showthread.php?tid=39873)

Messenge follow by garbage and History log is also garbage in simple chinese version! by jethro on 03-10-2005 at 01:40 AM

The environment is

Windows 2003 enterprise edition(simple chinese)
windows messenger 5.1 (simple chinese)
Messenger Plus! 3.25.106

when i open the chat window, there is a snippet garbage following
请不要在即时消息对话中透露&
#24744;的密码或信用卡号码。[this place]

and when i type or receive message, the same garbage will be add to the end of message.

and i open the history, all message are garbage !

Note, even i only type english. the garbage will be there. and garbage is  diffence between 2 chat.

Help!!!

Edit by fraisie: I just added a space between the many codoes in the messages; it was messing up the layout

RE: Messenge follow by garbage and History log is also garbage in simple chinese version! by lopardo on 03-10-2005 at 02:08 AM

Could you post a screenshot? I don't understand what you mean.

RE: Messenge follow by garbage and History log is also garbage in simple chinese vers by SikStyles on 03-10-2005 at 03:31 AM

i think what he means that his chatlogs go directly into recycle-bin but i aint sure..

if u dont know how to make a screenies then press the button right above Instert on the keyboard. the Prt Scr button is on the right of F12
and after u have pressed the button go to paint or some other graphix program and simply paste (ctrl+v) the image and then save it and attach it to the forums by clickin on the browse button thats right above Post Reply and then look for ur image and press open and then ur good :)

maybe u knew how to do all that but just in case :)

RE: Messenge follow by garbage and History log is also garbage in simple chinese vers by segosa on 03-10-2005 at 08:00 AM

They're chinese characters. If you post them on the forum they get turned into HTML character escape sequences which is what was in his post. I expect he pasted them when they were chinese.

If there's a chinese person on the forum, maybe he/she could translate it.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=400597]

RE: Messenge follow by garbage and History log is also garbage in simple chinese version! by lopardo on 03-10-2005 at 04:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
i think what he means that his chatlogs go directly into recycle-bin but i aint sure..

if u dont know how to make a screenies then press the button right above Instert on the keyboard. the Prt Scr button is on the right of F12
and after u have pressed the button go to paint or some other graphix program and simply paste (ctrl+v) the image and then save it and attach it to the forums by clickin on the browse button thats right above Post Reply and then look for ur image and press open and then ur good :)

maybe u knew how to do all that but just in case :)
ALT + PRT SCR is better (takes a screenshot of the active window only) :)

quote:
Originally posted by Segosa
They're chinese characters. If you post them on the forum they get turned into HTML character escape sequences which is what was in his post. I expect he pasted them when they were chinese.
I know, but still, I didn't get his problem.
Thanks, this is the picture, pls help!!! by jethro on 03-11-2005 at 05:03 AM

Thanks, this is the picture, pls help!!!

RE: Messenge follow by garbage and History log is also garbage in simple chinese version! by segosa on 03-11-2005 at 06:27 AM

If I'm not mistaken I think there was a virus that did that, it was meant to be a URL I think in order to get people to click it and it exploited something in IE. Can't say for sure though.

RE: Messenge follow by garbage and History log is also garbage in simple chinese version! by Mnjul on 03-11-2005 at 02:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Segosa

If there's a chinese person on the forum, maybe he/she could translate it.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=400597]
That's indeed the "Don't reveal your Credit Card number or passwords in conversation" text. :)

I agree with Segosa, you may have been infected with a virus. :)
RE: Messenge follow by garbage and History log is also garbage in simple chinese version! by jethro on 03-13-2005 at 09:26 AM

I am sure that there is no virus but a bug in chinese version. because after i uninstall MsgPlus, windows messenger do work fine as before! I have try this for 4 times!!!

The main reason i use plus is "windows messenger 5.1" cannot keep chat auto!!! BUT Now...

Note: It's "windows messenger 5.1" not "Msn messenger 6.2"

SOS, Help!!!

RE: Messenge follow by garbage and History log is also garbage in simple chinese version! by Lieter on 03-13-2005 at 04:12 PM

try MSN messenger and see what happens ;)

RE: Messenge follow by garbage and History log is also garbage in simple chinese version! by jethro on 03-14-2005 at 02:09 AM

Help, Help ,Help ,No body here? it's realy a bug!!!

RE: Messenge follow by garbage and History log is also garbage in simple chinese version! by jethro on 03-15-2005 at 06:49 AM

Message Plus should be more useful to "Windows Messenger" than to "Msn Messenger" becuase most function of plus are already in  "Msn Messenger" but  are not in "Windows Messenger" . so Message Plus should treat "Windows Messenger" better.
BUT I must use  "Windows Messenger" in LAN in office!!! "Msn Messenger" cannot be used in LAN.

"Windows Messenger" has no auto chat log function , so i use Plus, BUT now it do not work good!

Anybody can help me?

RE: Messenge follow by garbage and History log is also garbage in simple chinese version! by mwe99 on 03-15-2005 at 11:06 AM

try changing the language to english? then the characters should be clear to read and understand :)

RE: Messenge follow by garbage and History log is also garbage in simple chinese version! by Mnjul on 03-15-2005 at 02:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jethro

"Windows Messenger" has no auto chat log function , so i use Plus, BUT now it do not work good!
Plus! 3.50 will be compatible with Windows Messenger 5.1, so please wait for its release :)