Shoutbox

Logitech to Aid MSN Messenger Video - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Logitech to Aid MSN Messenger Video (/showthread.php?tid=39898)

Logitech to Aid MSN Messenger Video by The_Thief on 03-10-2005 at 02:53 PM

Logitech to Aid MSN Messenger Video
By Ed Oswald, BetaNews
March 9, 2005, 2:02 PM
Microsoft and Logitech extended their partnership at CeBIT Wednesday by announcing a plan to bring higher quality audio and video to the upcoming release of MSN Messenger 7.0 this spring. According to MSN, 30 million people use the audio and video functions of the service each month.

"The new capabilities we're delivering with MSN will remove barriers that in the past have prevented widespread consumer use of video and audio communications," said Junien Labrousse, senior vice president of the Video Business Unit at Logitech. "MSN Messenger subscribers will soon enjoy high-quality, fully synchronized video and audio over the Internet using tools they're already familiar with."

RE: Logitech to Aid MSN Messenger Video by user27089 on 03-13-2005 at 10:11 AM

This will increase the server load though :(... Unless of course they have many more servers set up throughout the globe, I mean the high quality will surely make the load increase... :S.

RE: Logitech to Aid MSN Messenger Video by Anubis on 03-13-2005 at 10:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I mean the high quality will surely make the load increase...
Since MSN Messenger uses IP2IP for video and audio conferencing (and I'd expect this HQ one will) it should not go through their server, unless some kind of firewall prevents it. The load increase to the server will be minimal since the large bulk of traffic will be direct links.
I'm glad to see this being added, I've always felt that MSN Messenger's webcam and audio was often shabby.
RE: Logitech to Aid MSN Messenger Video by Hank on 03-13-2005 at 10:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
I've always felt that MSN Messenger's webcam and audio was often shabby.

its always been crappy, totally agree there,, yahoo's one is the best, IMO