Shoutbox

Hi everyone, I'm a new member, need help.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Hi everyone, I'm a new member, need help.. (/showthread.php?tid=39948)

Hi everyone, I'm a new member, need help.. by Alonit on 03-11-2005 at 09:39 AM

I've installed the Plus 3.40 and my question is this:

How do I make the Plus quick icon appear in my conversation windows? (the small round orange-yellow button)

Looking fwd to hearing from you..

Alonit

RE: Hi everyone, I'm a new member, need help.. by haydos on 03-11-2005 at 09:42 AM

It should be there by default if im not mistaken. What version of msn are you using?

RE: Hi everyone, I'm a new member, need help.. by Alonit on 03-11-2005 at 09:44 AM

Hi, I'm using MSN 7.0 Beta version, and it's not there by default..

RE: Hi everyone, I'm a new member, need help.. by Hank on 03-11-2005 at 09:49 AM

Drag ur MSN Messenger Window Out

RE: Hi everyone, I'm a new member, need help.. by haydos on 03-11-2005 at 09:50 AM

Did you use the msn 7 from the microsoft site?
Plus! has some compatibility problems with the leaked/illegal versions (above 7.0.0425)

RE: Hi everyone, I'm a new member, need help.. by Hank on 03-11-2005 at 09:53 AM

if he's using MSN Messenger 7.0.0425  its fine, but all he has to do while in a MSN Messenger Convo is Drag out the window an the MsgPlus Icon wil lappear. i had the same issue but solved it by doing what i suggested

RE: Hi everyone, I'm a new member, need help.. by Alonit on 03-11-2005 at 09:54 AM

yes, I downloaded my msn 7 from the microsoft site..it's 7.0.0425

RE: Hi everyone, I'm a new member, need help.. by Alonit on 03-11-2005 at 09:56 AM

Hi Demz, what do you mean by "dragging the window out"? by the way I'm a "she"

RE: Hi everyone, I'm a new member, need help.. by Hank on 03-11-2005 at 09:59 AM

aww okz.. what i mean is  when your in a MSN Messenger Convo Window with someone, use your Mouse Cursor on the edge of the window ( it'll change to a different look  somethig like <-->  ) an Drag out the window on the side left or right hand side

RE: Hi everyone, I'm a new member, need help.. by J.J on 03-11-2005 at 10:05 AM

The icon doesn't appear in the window for versions 7.0.0604 and 7.0.0632...

Plus! 3.50 should be released soon, hopefully on Tuesday the 15th if everything goes to plan

Then you'll be able to see the icon :P

RE: Hi everyone, I'm a new member, need help.. by Alonit on 03-11-2005 at 10:14 AM

thanks Demz, but it's not working for me..

by the way my msn version is 7.0.0425 so i think the icon should have appeared no problem with the plus 3.40

RE: Hi everyone, I'm a new member, need help.. by Hank on 03-11-2005 at 10:20 AM

sorry bout that, but was worth a shot :)  but yah MsgPlus 3.50 will fix the issue , 

RE: Hi everyone, I'm a new member, need help.. by J.J on 03-11-2005 at 10:22 AM

Hopefully its out on the 15th...don't get your hopes up though :P

And please read the Forum Rules, you're not allowed to double post, click the edit button under your previous post if you wish to add more comments :)

RE: Hi everyone, I'm a new member, need help.. by jren207 on 03-12-2005 at 01:08 AM

I dunno if this might work, but disable the option to enhance the formatting toolbar then enable it again.

To do this if you're unsure, click "Plus!" at the top of your main contact list window.

Then click "Preferences", (then enter a password and click "Ok" if you set a password already).

Now click "Instant Messages" at the left, then make sure "General Options" has been clicked at the top.

Now find where it says "Enhance the formatting toolbar with  Messenger Plus! features."

If the box is already checked/ticked click on it to uncheck/untick it.

(If it isn't already ticked, then that's why it isn't showing, so you'll need to check/tick it.)

Now Click "OK".

Then repeat the other steps to get to the preferences and re-check/re-tick the box then click "Ok". (I would also exit msn then run it again.)

RE: Hi everyone, I'm a new member, need help.. by J.J on 03-12-2005 at 01:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jren207
I dunno if this might work, but disable the option to enhance the formatting toolbar then enable it again.

To do this if you're unsure, click "Plus!" at the top of your main contact list window.

Then click "Preferences", (then enter a password and click "Ok" if you set a password already).

Now click "Instant Messages" at the left, then make sure "General Options" has been clicked at the top.

Now find where it says "Enhance the formatting toolbar with  Messenger Plus! features."

If the box is already checked/ticked click on it to uncheck/untick it.

(If it isn't already ticked, then that's why it isn't showing, so you'll need to check/tick it.)

Now Click "OK".

Then repeat the other steps to get to the preferences and re-check/re-tick the box then click "Ok". (I would also exit msn then run it again.)

Unfortunately that doesn't work...
RE: Hi everyone, I'm a new member, need help.. by jren207 on 03-12-2005 at 02:11 AM

hmm... i suppose not, hopefully it should be fixed in a later version of plus! then...