Shoutbox

[split] portable GPS - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: [split] portable GPS (/showthread.php?tid=40002)

RE: RE: DX meets Patchou (And more importantly, the Plus!Babe) by brian on 03-10-2005 at 08:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes
quote:
Originally posted by Vexx
Got to love those portable GPS's! I got one, and I plug it into the laptop, with Microsoft Streets & Trips 2005, you see where you are, you never get lost! :]

I want one of those... Ugh oh.. What if the battery runs out when you are in the middle of nowhere...

*Anyways* I hope you had fun meeting Patchou! Did he teach you anything VALUABLE lol..

That's why I am equipped, I have a special 12V to 120V converter in a car, so, when the battrey is near done, I have another two hours in Laptop's battery.  :]
RE: DX meets Patchou (And more importantly, the Plus!Babe) by saralk on 03-10-2005 at 08:15 PM

I have one of those handheld gps things, its pretty cool

RE: DX meets Patchou (And more importantly, the Plus!Babe) by .Roy on 03-10-2005 at 08:17 PM

quote:
That's why I am equipped, I have a special 12V to 120V converter in a car, so, when the battrey is near done, I have another two hours in Laptop's battery.  :]

Yes but what if that runs out.. Anway my point is, is that you should use a map cause it doesn't run out..  Unless someone burns it of course.. But if you are in the middle of no where thats almost imposible..

Maybe you can get one of those car chargers..
*BACK TO POINT*
which is better Disney Land OR Disney World..
Because Land in real life is smaller then the whole world.. so i would think that also applies to this..
RE: DX meets Patchou (And more importantly, the Plus!Babe) by wj on 03-10-2005 at 11:32 PM

Vexx! Thank god I'm not the only one who enjoy's camping with a laptop!

I've got a special deep cycle car battery for just that occasion, I take my iBook camping with me. Use the deep cycle battery and an inverter (12v to 110v) to charge it when the battery runs dead. It rocks. Take some DVD's, A nice apache/php/mysql setup, lots of music, some really good food and some firewood and your in HEAVEN!

There is nothing like being out under the stars far from the hussle and bussle of a big city.

RE: DX meets Patchou (And more importantly, the Plus!Babe) by MC.POP on 03-10-2005 at 11:51 PM

u know what would work with that wj if your laptop had wireless satelite internet, that would rock.

RE: DX meets Patchou (And more importantly, the Plus!Babe) by .blade// on 03-10-2005 at 11:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MC.POP
u know what would work with that wj if your laptop had wireless satelite internet, that would rock.

Actually, Cell internet > Satelite internet
RE: RE: DX meets Patchou (And more importantly, the Plus!Babe) by brian on 03-11-2005 at 03:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
Vexx! Thank god I'm not the only one who enjoy's camping with a laptop!

I've got a special deep cycle car battery for just that occasion, I take my iBook camping with me. Use the deep cycle battery and an inverter (12v to 110v) to charge it when the battery runs dead. It rocks. Take some DVD's, A nice apache/php/mysql setup, lots of music, some really good food and some firewood and your in HEAVEN!

There is nothing like being out under the stars far from the hussle and bussle of a big city.

Have you tried installing Streets & Trips 2005, you won't believe, how when you go withen the car, you see your trace!  Oh, iBook!  :[
RE: [split] portable GPS by .Roy on 03-12-2005 at 12:53 PM

LoL i cant wait till i get old enough and get a gar and i can go traveling! With my FUTURE GPS. lol

I want one of those car installed ones that talk to you. They are so sophisticated. And they sound like a woman :drool:

RE: [split] portable GPS by Mike on 03-12-2005 at 01:23 PM

quote:
Have you tried installing Streets & Trips 2005, you won't believe, how when you go withen the car, you see your trace!  Oh, iBook!  :[
Ofcourse you need a GPS eh? :P

How much do they cost? 8-)
RE: [split] portable GPS by user27089 on 03-12-2005 at 02:05 PM

£120 - £1500

RE: [split] portable GPS by John Anderton on 03-12-2005 at 02:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
:lol: thats the 1st time i have ever heard that in my life :|
good idea tho ^o)
RE: RE: [split] portable GPS by brian on 03-12-2005 at 03:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
£120 - £1500

Oh, even less! I got my USB one, no screen or anything from eBay, search for USB GPS, I got mine for about 40$ (I lost like, 6 or 7 auctions, till I betted on last moment!), and for Microsoft Streets and Trips, I bought it from ... internet?  :]
RE: [split] portable GPS by King For A Day on 03-12-2005 at 03:15 PM

my dads old company car had one of tose built in it was realy cool, but he changed last month and its gone :(

they can be so usefull when they get it right