Shoutbox

News: MSN Messenger 7.0f to offer better video chatting - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: News: MSN Messenger 7.0f to offer better video chatting (/showthread.php?tid=40019)

News: MSN Messenger 7.0f to offer better video chatting by Fredzz on 03-12-2005 at 08:49 PM

HANOVER, GERMANY -- The next version of Microsoft's (Profile, Products, Articles) MSN Messenger will offer improved video chat capabilities developed by Microsoft and Logitech (Profile, Products, Articles), the companies said Wednesday.

In MSN Messenger 7.0, due out in the coming months, users will be able to start a video chat with synchronized audio with a single mouse click, Microsoft and Logitech announced at the Cebit trade show in Hanover, Germany.

Microsoft and Logitech have collaborated on video chat in MSN Messenger for the past two years, and the companies have extended that relationship for MSN Messenger 7.0, they said.

The current version of MSN Messenger offers separate functions for audio and video chat, according to a spokeswoman for Microsoft. Audio is available, though the audio may not match the video. This is solved in the new version, which also promises improved video quality, a spokesman from Logitech said.

The improved video and audio features will be available to MSN Messenger users in the U.S., Germany and additional markets globally, including Canada, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Australia, Belgium, the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Korea, Japan, Brazil and Switzerland, according to Microsoft and Logitech.

The current Web cam for MSN Messenger feature is offered worldwide and is localized in 14 languages.

Each month, more than 30 million of the 155 million MSN Messenger users use the current video chat feature, for a total of more than 3 billion Web cam sessions served since the service's launch, according to the companies.

MSN Messenger 7.0 is currently in beta, the final version of the product is due in the next few months.

Source: Infoworld

Good news :D

RE: News: MSN Messenger 7.0f to offer better video chatting by SikStyles on 03-12-2005 at 08:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fredzz

Good news :D

indeed!

cool im liking it :)

RE: News: MSN Messenger 7.0f to offer better video chatting by albert on 03-12-2005 at 09:48 PM

well.. they gotta make it good.. I mean as I read on Mess.be, Courts are going to start using this.. so I hope it gets better than it is now (H)

RE: News: MSN Messenger 7.0f to offer better video chatting by Pcdude007 on 03-12-2005 at 10:01 PM

Nice stuff, hope it lives up to the expectations :D.

RE: News: MSN Messenger 7.0f to offer better video chatting by .Roy on 03-12-2005 at 10:09 PM

I wonder what new features they will surprise us with :)

RE: News: MSN Messenger 7.0f to offer better video chatting by Fredzz on 03-12-2005 at 10:57 PM

We cant wait we cant wait :banana:

RE: News: MSN Messenger 7.0f to offer better video chatting by EastSystem on 03-13-2005 at 10:52 AM

How about the MSn 8.0 beta?

RE: News: MSN Messenger 7.0f to offer better video chatting by EastSystem on 03-13-2005 at 10:55 AM

Just now i downloaded one MSN 8.0beta, BUT find it looks so bad, that seems many functions hav'y been completed :(

RE: News: MSN Messenger 7.0f to offer better video chatting by Sypher on 03-13-2005 at 11:32 AM

MSN 8.. You mean MSN Explorer i guess?

RE: News: MSN Messenger 7.0f to offer better video chatting by Zephyr on 03-13-2005 at 12:35 PM

Why would u download the MSN Explorer 8 beta? I'm sure MSN Explorer 9 is out.

RE: News: MSN Messenger 7.0f to offer better video chatting by Hank on 03-13-2005 at 12:40 PM

old news this is?  plus some1 else posted bout MSN Messenger 7 an Logitech making Video an Voice better in 7 ,,so this should be deleted this thread

RE: News: MSN Messenger 7.0f to offer better video chatting by user27089 on 03-13-2005 at 12:40 PM

Hmm, this has already been posted :rolleyes:.

Logitech to Aid MSN Messenger Video