Shoutbox

Help with a torrent - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Help with a torrent (/showthread.php?tid=40057)

Help with a torrent by .blade// on 03-13-2005 at 05:53 PM

This torrent won't complete.

Do you think it's done, or what do you think should I do?
It says "100%" but it's supposed to say "finished" where it says "?" :|

[Image: attachment.php?pid=403460]

RE: Help with a torrent by .Roy on 03-13-2005 at 05:54 PM

what program are you using for torrents?

RE: Help with a torrent by .blade// on 03-13-2005 at 05:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes
what program are you using for torrents?

Nova Torrent, I've been using it for over a year and it works fine.
RE: Help with a torrent by .Roy on 03-13-2005 at 05:56 PM

hmm i dont know that program too well..

Try exiting from the program and entering it again. If it supports resume torrent

RE: Help with a torrent by .blade// on 03-13-2005 at 05:56 PM

quote:
hmm i dont know that program too well..

Try exiting from the program and entering it again. If it supports resume torrent

I've tried several times over several days.
RE: Help with a torrent by .Roy on 03-13-2005 at 05:59 PM

well i dont know what else there is to do. :'( Sorry

You can always restart the torrent.. But if u said several days then i bet its big..

If i knew your program better i might have been more of service to help you.. Sorry again

RE: Help with a torrent by .blade// on 03-13-2005 at 06:01 PM

Well It didn't take THAAATTT long to download, but I tried restarting yesterday, the day before that and today to see if it would complete with no success.

As shown in the screenshot - it's 1.25 GB.

RE: Help with a torrent by .Roy on 03-13-2005 at 06:10 PM

try downloading it in a different torrent program if nothing else works

thats all the help i can offer :)

If you are looking for another one but really basic then get the original first one
http://www.bittorrent.com/

RE: Help with a torrent by .blade// on 03-13-2005 at 06:13 PM

:| I just told you it's worked fine for every other torrent for over a year, and I like the program.

I hate the basic bit torrent program :-/

RE: Help with a torrent by .Roy on 03-13-2005 at 06:22 PM

i understood that!!!! im just saying you should use this as a backup!

maybe you can finish that torrent with that program.. Iono.. its just a suggestion. Its what i use and it works fine

RE: Help with a torrent by segosa on 03-13-2005 at 08:22 PM

How many peers are there, and what is the availability? Unless the availability is > 1, there's a chance you can't complete the download (the client might THINK It's at 100% but it can't get that tiny bit... )..

RE: Help with a torrent by .blade// on 03-13-2005 at 08:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Segosa
How many peers are there, and what is the availability? Unless the availability is > 1, there's a chance you can't complete the download (the client might THINK It's at 100% but it can't get that tiny bit... )..

I have no idea now :P I just cancelled the download. I had it downloading from another source at the same time (which was going slowly at first). I just got a good down rate on it so I'm fine :p
RE: Help with a torrent by Wabz on 03-14-2005 at 12:49 AM

Perhaps it was all there. Just people leeching it back off you :

Did you check to see if the file(s) were there ?

RE: Help with a torrent by .blade// on 03-14-2005 at 01:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Wabz

Ya, 2 or the 3 were "invalid" but the 2nd source finished downloading and I'm now installing OS X through CherryOS :banana:
RE: Help with a torrent by EastSystem on 03-14-2005 at 01:51 AM

I DONT think it is the software prob ... but sth about the seed itself

RE: Help with a torrent by .Roy on 03-14-2005 at 05:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by EastSystem

it wasnt the software.. He just said he used it for more then a year so your post was really uneeded

quote:
Originally posted by blade
quote:
Originally posted by Wabz

Ya, 2 or the 3 were "invalid" but the 2nd source finished downloading and I'm now installing OS X through CherryOS :banana:
Glad to see everything worked out Blade :)
RE: Help with a torrent by CookieRevised on 03-14-2005 at 06:07 AM

quote:
quote:
try downloading it in a different torrent program if nothing else works

thats all the help i can offer :)

If you are looking for another one but really basic then get the original first one
http://www.bittorrent.com/
:| I just told you it's worked fine for every other torrent for over a year, and I like the program.

I hate the basic bit torrent program :-/

quote:
Originally posted by EastSystem

FYI, this kind of problem is VERY common in many P2P programs. In fact it is the most common problem... As Hobbes suggested, the best thing to find the problem is indeed opening the torrent in another program, if it succeeds there, it IS most likely a software bug.

In fact, for all the P2P programs out there, there are tools to "fix" this common problem in buggy P2P clients...

What Segosa suggested is also true, the bigger the filesize the higher the chance that the software will say 100% while in fact it is not 100% but 99,9999%. Again, this is a minor software bug as 100% should only be displayed when totaly completed.
RE: Help with a torrent by .blade// on 03-14-2005 at 04:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
FYI, this kind of problem is VERY common in many P2P programs. In fact it is the most common problem... As Hobbes suggested, the best thing to find the problem is indeed opening the torrent in another program, if it succeeds there, it IS most likely a software bug.

In fact, for all the P2P programs out there, there are tools to "fix" this common problem in buggy P2P clients...

What Segosa suggested is also true, the bigger the filesize the higher the chance that the software will say 100% while in fact it is not 100% but 99,9999%. Again, this is a minor software bug as 100% should only be displayed when totaly completed.

I figured that :P
FYI, when the other download completed it was at 100.3% :P
RE: Help with a torrent by .Roy on 03-14-2005 at 05:23 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

I figured that :P
FYI, when the other download completed it was at 100.3% :P

Thats not possible.. I think its your program that shows it that way... Maybe you should try another one for a while.. But i wouldnt mind the number... Just as long as it finishes
RE: Help with a torrent by .blade// on 03-14-2005 at 05:34 PM

quote:

Thats not possible.. I think its your program that shows it that way... Maybe you should try another one for a while.. But i wouldnt mind the number... Just as long as it finishes

It's because of impropper estimation.
RE: Help with a torrent by .Roy on 03-14-2005 at 05:35 PM

quote:
quote:

It's because of impropper estimation.

lol.. No shit sherlock! And that isn the torrent fault its the program.. Thats all i was saying :)
RE: Help with a torrent by .blade// on 03-14-2005 at 05:37 PM

quote:

lol.. No shit sherlock! And that isn the torrent fault its the program.. Thats all i was saying :)

I know, but I've seen bit torrent do the same thing.