Shoutbox

Packard Bell Laptop Problems - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Packard Bell Laptop Problems (/showthread.php?tid=40065)

Packard Bell Laptop Problems by user27089 on 03-13-2005 at 08:53 PM

Well, I have a packard bell laptop, tried to start it up, and the screen just won't turn on, its working, it says it is on and it sounds like its loading, but nothing appears at all, the screen just stays blank.

Packard Bell Easynote F5280

RE: Packard Bell Laptop Problems by .blade// on 03-13-2005 at 08:56 PM

I thought Packard Bell was bought out by HP and stoped making products under that name a long time ago :-/

Anyways - what kind of noise does it make? Like a bleep or what?

RE: Packard Bell Laptop Problems by user27089 on 03-13-2005 at 09:04 PM

like, the fan and the little clicking noises like when its loading it... just the screen won't turn on.

RE: Packard Bell Laptop Problems by Dempsey on 03-13-2005 at 09:05 PM

has it got a monitor output so you can try pluggin a monitor in?

RE: Packard Bell Laptop Problems by .blade// on 03-13-2005 at 09:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
like, the fan and the little clicking noises like when its loading it... just the screen won't turn on.

Well if it has a monitor out feature you could plug in an external monitor and see if a signal shows up there.
RE: Packard Bell Laptop Problems by user27089 on 03-13-2005 at 09:19 PM

I've just tried that and its doing the same, does anybody know the shortcut or whatever to take pc's out of hibernate/standby or whatever the blast it is.

RE: Packard Bell Laptop Problems by .blade// on 03-13-2005 at 09:25 PM

quote:
I've just tried that and its doing the same, does anybody know the shortcut or whatever to take pc's out of hibernate/standby or whatever the blast it is.

If it doesn't start then it's not in sleep mode :P

If it's still under warranty I'd call the company bcz something major is wrong.
RE: Packard Bell Laptop Problems by user27089 on 03-13-2005 at 09:27 PM

it starts, just not the screen, it makes the sounds it usually would, like the processors working, just the the screen-output or whatever seems dodgy, I mean, i restarted, then restarted again and it stopped working.

RE: Packard Bell Laptop Problems by .blade// on 03-13-2005 at 09:34 PM

quote:
it starts, just not the screen, it makes the sounds it usually would, like the processors working, just the the screen-output or whatever seems dodgy, I mean, i restarted, then restarted again and it stopped working.

And that means that something's not working.
All the stuff can start but that doesn't mean it's not screwed up :P

It sounds to me like something to do with BIOS.
RE: Packard Bell Laptop Problems by albert on 03-13-2005 at 11:13 PM

Ive had a problem with a screen bio 2 not long ago, my pc use to become black, but everything was running, and If I put a flashlight on the screen I couldve seen it! so.. ye.. anyways I still have the BIOS, I dunno if it can work on ur pc, mine being  a Compaq presario 2100 series.. ehh dunno how to add a file to the post either.. so if you wanna try it out gimme a  pm so i can send u the file by email or wte!

RE: Packard Bell Laptop Problems by Wabz on 03-14-2005 at 12:45 AM

If its under Warranty just let them fix it.  Otherwise I'd recommend going to see a professional, I've taken laptops apart before and unless your very careful you'll do more damage

RE: Packard Bell Laptop Problems by user27089 on 03-14-2005 at 08:18 AM

yeah, I'll have to ask my brother for the books, I mean, I can't believe he bought it, he's really naive, its 2.8GHz Intel Celeron with wait for it.... 128Mb RAM. :-/...

He bought it cause, to be honest, it looks good.