Shoutbox

Block Notification - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Block Notification (/showthread.php?tid=40068)

Block Notification by ProblemWv Authority on 03-13-2005 at 09:58 PM

Hi.
Just had a random idea and woundered if anyone agrees it would be a good idea (and maby someone could make a plugin for it)

Don't worry I'm not asking for a block checker:P It's quite different.

I was thinking of something that you could chose to notify the contact that you have blocked...that they are blocked*-).

Say for example someone is really anoying you and you want them to know you are going to block them. When you click the block button (or maby when clicking an option like "custom block this contact" under the plugins menu in the plus drop down menu) a window pops up asking if you want to notify the person you have blocked them.

If you chose to then an error message like:
"You have been blocked and are no longer on this contacts Allow List. This means you can no longer send or recieve instant messeges from this person."
and there could be an option to enter a reason for blocking them. The message would be something like:
"You have been blocked and are no longer on this contacts Allow List. The reason for this is: <Reason>"

If none of that makes sense here's a pic of what i mean. :)

Tell me what you think.

RE: Block Notification by Joa on 03-13-2005 at 10:02 PM

i like u'r idea. it would be kinda cool *-) cuz than u dont hafta actually say stuff to ppl, so less pressure...

RE: Block Notification by dylan! on 03-13-2005 at 10:07 PM

i like it, it would be an aweosme addon and im sure lots of people would use it

RE: Block Notification by mwe99 on 03-13-2005 at 10:08 PM

yep sounds cool :) and i would most definitely use it, especially for annoying people who don't leave you alone

RE: Block Notification by Plik on 03-13-2005 at 10:14 PM

Cant you just tell them before blocking :-/

RE: Block Notification by ProblemWv Authority on 03-13-2005 at 10:18 PM

lol ye:P...but we wont it 2 b flashy;)

Duno jst fnk it would b a kool feature, if it comes up like an error like you can do on messenger discovery...more convinsing:)

just an idea(A)

RE: Block Notification by King For A Day on 03-13-2005 at 10:28 PM

yeh thats cool, u could say im sorry ur realy irritating so ur being blocked

RE: Block Notification by jren207 on 03-13-2005 at 10:53 PM

it's a good idea, you can give someone the hint ;)

RE: Block Notification by Joel4119 on 03-13-2005 at 11:16 PM

Just use Stuffplug-NG 2.1 and before closing the conversation say why you blocked them.

RE: Block Notification by L. Coyote on 03-13-2005 at 11:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joel4119
Just use Stuffplug-NG 2.1 and before closing the conversation say why you blocked them.
*-) This is the same as saying it before blocking them. No SPNG needed.

Anyway, sounds like a good idea for the lazy people.

You can also just make a QT:
/noteblock:
You are being blocked. Reason: (!P)
#3#/block

The 3 second is to give the message some time to get to the contact. This way, being in a convo window with this contact you can type: /noteblock your are being annoying
RE: Block Notification by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-14-2005 at 07:23 AM

Yeah, I get the picture of your idea, but why make a plugin if you can just make a QuickText as Leo describes... :S

RE: Block Notification by stuartbennett on 03-23-2005 at 10:20 PM

i think this would be a great feature. i would certainly use it anmd a feature for mass blocking as sometimes i get added to large convos for no apparent reason i leave then someone else adds me so then itd be cool if i could just do a single block command that blocked all of the convo contacts in 1 hit.