Shoutbox

New feature mabye? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: New feature mabye? (/showthread.php?tid=40102)

New feature mabye? by The_Thief on 03-14-2005 at 03:21 PM

I would love to have the option of having a different display name for ever contact that sees you in your list is that possible?

RE: New feature mabye? by Tasha on 03-14-2005 at 03:23 PM

This is a good idea, i've thought of it. Another good idea would be to have a different display pic. But it would probably include a lot of hard work, so it may not be done.

RE: New feature mabye? by user27089 on 03-14-2005 at 03:23 PM

Hmm, it is possible, you can have chat-friendly names when using stuffplug, so I guess that it would be possible.

RE: New feature mabye? by x2zen on 03-14-2005 at 03:25 PM

its not possible atm, due to the MSNP. Sorry.

RE: New feature mabye? by The_Thief on 03-14-2005 at 03:52 PM

Is there a plug in that would help?

RE: New feature mabye? by user27089 on 03-14-2005 at 03:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by serpico
Is there a plug in that would help?

No, its impossible due to the msn protocol, as a madsen said, plugins/patches/extensions whatever would not help this.
RE: New feature mabye? by L. Coyote on 03-14-2005 at 04:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by A. Madsen
its not possible atm, due to the MSNP. Sorry.
Didn't someone say it was possible because it edited the headers in the convo? (don't mind me, I dunno a thing about that)

But I believe that having a plugin that checks the contact's email (when in a simple convo (not mass, cuz of obvious reasons)) and then returning "/xchatname " + nickforthiscontact could be easily done.
RE: New feature mabye? by x2zen on 03-14-2005 at 04:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
Didn't someone say it was possible because it edited the headers in the convo? (don't mind me, I dunno a thing about that)
As far as I know (and I know a lot about the MSN Protocol, i have build bots and stuff like that) the MSN Protocol dont support different chatnames for differents persons. The reason why StuffPlug-NG can do the chat-only name is because the protocol supports it.
RE: New feature mabye? by L. Coyote on 03-14-2005 at 04:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by A. Madsen
As far as I know (and I know a lot about the MSN Protocol, i have build bots and stuff like that) the MSN Protocol dont support different chatnames for differents persons. The reason why StuffPlug-NG can do the chat-only name is because the protocol supports it.
I see. *-) Well, you learn something every day. :)