Shoutbox

Looking for software.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Looking for software.. (/showthread.php?tid=40123)

Looking for software.. by Jhrono on 03-14-2005 at 07:49 PM

Well my father is changing the kitchen to the library and the library to the kitchen(yep they'll break a lot of stuff:) ) and so we need a project for the kitchen..and i'm the man in charge:)..so i need a program so i can draw a...dont know a word in english...Here's an image(random image from google)...anyway..do you guys know valve hammer editor?(Program that's used to create CS and HL levels..)well i'm pretty good at it so i was thinking of working in it but it would take too long..anyway it's an option...now should i use a image editing prog that i can handle?like fireworks(i can handle it pretty well)?or..(the porpuse of the topic) Do you guys know any (the word i dont know) making software?thanks

RE: Looking for software.. by mwe99 on 03-14-2005 at 07:52 PM

I know a good/basic vector object freeware program if you're interested in it http://www.roomarranger.com, simple to use and looks good :)

and your word... create? design? plan?

RE: Looking for software.. by Jhrono on 03-14-2005 at 07:54 PM

THAT OWNS SO MUCH mwe99 !! Really :) Ty man:D...

RE: Looking for software.. by WDZ on 03-14-2005 at 07:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by johny
so i need a program so i can draw a...dont know a word in english
Floor plan, blueprint, diagram? :p
RE: Looking for software.. by Eljay on 03-14-2005 at 07:57 PM

Home Plan Pro looks fairly easy to use and i know its only a trial but your not going to be doing it for long are you..

RE: Looking for software.. by Joa on 03-14-2005 at 07:58 PM

here's a another good software

http://www.smartdraw.com/specials/ab/floorplans.asp?id=42040

there's a free trial for 30 days

RE: Looking for software.. by Jhrono on 03-14-2005 at 08:07 PM

Well from these 3 mwe99 looks simple and good, Lj's one is kinda complicated ;) and Joa ones seems trully good and professional...i'll try mwe99s' and joas' ones :D...sorry lj

RE: Looking for software.. by Tasha on 03-14-2005 at 08:19 PM

try Macromedia Flash. :o I know its a different program, but actually it is good for this type of thing. ;) Consider it :P

Oh, and don't forget good old pencil and paper. :D

EDIT: I got room arranger, it looked good but its shareware. ¬¬

RE: Looking for software.. by Jhrono on 03-14-2005 at 08:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
try Macromedia Flash.

I've made some decent stuff in flash but eh...programs speacially 4 the porpuse are better;)
RE: Looking for software.. by Tasha on 03-14-2005 at 08:31 PM

Ah, but not nessecarily. ;) I think you can actually make renders in Photoshop, better then ones you can make in a program specifically for renders. ;)

Example of what Macromedia Flash can do:

[Image: b6kv.png]

I just kinda copied the top corner of the image you gave us, and it turns out pretty good. :p

Btw, if you want any help with the design, feel free to PM me and ask. ;)

RE: Looking for software.. by Jhrono on 03-14-2005 at 08:39 PM

Ok tasha ty :) but i think i'm sticking with the others;)

RE: Looking for software.. by mwe99 on 03-14-2005 at 09:00 PM

Don't you have to buy Macromedia Flash to create the flash files though?

RE: Looking for software.. by Jhrono on 03-14-2005 at 09:04 PM

I "bought" it :)

RE: Looking for software.. by .blade// on 03-14-2005 at 09:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
Don't you have to buy Macromedia Flash to create the flash files though?

No - there are other programs that can do it too.
RE: Looking for software.. by mwe99 on 03-14-2005 at 09:07 PM

hm yeah i suppose.. i usually create my flash in trial programs. Then use flashcatcher to save them to disk :)

RE: Looking for software.. by user27089 on 03-14-2005 at 09:32 PM

You're all amateurs I tell you, don't use macromedia flash to do architectural drawings or whatever, you should use some CAD software. ArciCAD and AutoCAD are the best around IMO (y).

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
hm yeah i suppose.. i usually create my flash in trial programs. Then use flashcatcher to save them to disk :)

why not just save the webpage, or if you're using Mozilla Firefox, right click on the page, go to view page info, then press the media tab, and in there, you can save the content of the site... 8-)... How you think I got all of my flash animations :).
RE: RE: Looking for software.. by mwe99 on 03-14-2005 at 09:38 PM

quote:
why not just save the webpage, or if you're using Mozilla Firefox, right click on the page, go to view page info, then press the media tab, and in there, you can save the content of the site... 8-)... How you think I got all of my flash animations :).

I spose i could but im running Internet Explorer and FlashCatcher is just a easy way to save the files quickly. I don't really use that much flash anyways but sometimes i do for school stuff
RE: Looking for software.. by *Saint* on 03-14-2005 at 09:41 PM

microsoft visio does that
in one of the options

RE: Looking for software.. by Jhrono on 03-14-2005 at 09:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
AutoCAD

Trax that's for real arquitects :S...my brother is a civil engineer(well is in the 4th year of the course) and i saw this project he maid..it was a house with everything in it...it took 2 months:S...i just need the
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
blueprint
has wdz said..
RE: Looking for software.. by mwe99 on 03-14-2005 at 09:57 PM

I made a smaller type house in Room Arranger and got an add on that joined the floors together, its easy to use and took my only about 2/3 weeks to do a whole fully furnised coloured house, with outdoor facilities too!

RE: RE: Looking for software.. by CookieRevised on 03-14-2005 at 10:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by johny
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
AutoCAD

Trax that's for real arquitects :S...my brother is a civil engineer(well is in the 4th year of the course) and i saw this project he maid..it was a house with everything in it...it took 2 months:S...i just need the
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
blueprint
has wdz said..
What traxor probably means is that you should use a (free) designated program for such things and not some general graphics program to do a half arsed long job.

eg: I can draw the whole thing also in MS Paint if you like. But I know this sounds very stupid, well that's the same thing. If it is availble, use specific programs for specific jobs... eg: use a vector drawing program to draw vectors and not a pixel editing program like paintshop pro or photoshop (yes I know they can do vectors, but again, they suck big time with that compared to vector drawing programs)

eg: I don't go writing a word document in notepad either :p

anyways, you all know this anyway, just thought I clear it up :P