Shoutbox

Being able to nudge constantly - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Being able to nudge constantly (/showthread.php?tid=40176)

Being able to nudge constantly by sparksalot on 03-15-2005 at 05:55 PM

I don't think anyones put this so I am.
My friend found this, and it can be extremly annoying.
Normally, you can't nudge constantly. You get the CANNOT SEND NUDGE THIS OFTEN message. However, if you are to go to the main MSN Window and open a window, nudge, close, open, nudge, close and so on (easily done by clicking the contact once then going ENTER, NUDGE, ESCAPE, ENTER...
This makes your screen shake constantly, unless you block them but even so, it is still a bug. Problem is I can't seem to post a bug report. Can you only do that if you are a registered tester? If so or not, can someone please report this?

Nick

RE: Being able to nudge constantly by mwe99 on 03-15-2005 at 05:59 PM

Can't you just turn the nudges off then if they're becoming annoying?  But yeah i understand your point :) Also what version are you running? If its an un official beta then the actual beta testers should report that

edit: yep i just tested it silly thing

RE: Being able to nudge constantly by Pepper on 03-15-2005 at 06:11 PM

You can also set your status to busy and be able to nudge consistantly! :D

(Found my me, Messsenger 7.0.0632)

RE: Being able to nudge constantly by Weyzza on 03-15-2005 at 07:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sparksalot
I don't think anyones put this so I am.
My friend found this, and it can be extremly annoying.
Normally, you can't nudge constantly. You get the CANNOT SEND NUDGE THIS OFTEN message. However, if you are to go to the main MSN Window and open a window, nudge, close, open, nudge, close and so on (easily done by clicking the contact once then going ENTER, NUDGE, ESCAPE, ENTER...
This makes your screen shake constantly, unless you block them but even so, it is still a bug. Problem is I can't seem to post a bug report. Can you only do that if you are a registered tester? If so or not, can someone please report this?

Nick
I think I remember that Mess Patch offers an option to disable nudges. Find it in mess.be.

But, patching is illegal.
RE: Being able to nudge constantly by CookieRevised on 03-15-2005 at 09:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sparksalot
Problem is I can't seem to post a bug report. Can you only do that if you are a registered tester? If so or not, can someone please report this?
Note: the forum "Messenger Plus! Extension > Bug Reports" is for Messenger Plus! bugs only. Anything related to MSN Messenger (including bugs) should be posted in the forum "MSN/Windows Messenger". (Don't recreate this thread in there, this thread will shortly be moved to the correct forum done)

Now, to report a bug in MSN Messenger, you first need to make sure it is a MSN Messenger bug and not a Messenger Plus! bug. To test this, kill msgplus.exe, restart MSN Messenger and try to reproduce the bug.

If it is a MSN Messenger bug, then report it to:
http://messenger.msn.com/help/contactus.aspx

;)
RE: Being able to nudge constantly by stuartbennett on 03-15-2005 at 10:22 PM

also in mess patch is an option called "disable nudge protection" as best i understand it this option allows users to constantly send nudges without the restrictions normally set in msn messenger. if i am right then everyone would simply download mess patch and bug the hell out of everyone. maybe plus could have a new feature that enables us to specify which contacts we want to allow or prevent from nudging us that would be cool. is it doable?

RE: Being able to nudge constantly by King For A Day on 03-15-2005 at 10:39 PM

being busy is the best way but theres also a patch on the mess.be forum that does it as many times as you want, with a message :P

RE: Being able to nudge constantly by NiteMare on 03-15-2005 at 11:20 PM

i think that one nudge is enough, any more is just spamming

RE: Being able to nudge constantly by stuartbennett on 03-15-2005 at 11:34 PM

as i said maybe a nudge blocker built into messenger plus and you can set on each contact which ones to block nudges from and so on.

RE: Being able to nudge constantly by NiteMare on 03-15-2005 at 11:58 PM

good idea, block annoying people, instead of everybody(Y), nice idea

RE: Being able to nudge constantly by stuartbennett on 03-16-2005 at 08:25 AM

yep i thought so. that would certainly be a good feature to attract more people to plus as i am sure once messenger 7.0 final is launched everyone will experience the problem so anything that can counter it will definately be popular.

RE: Being able to nudge constantly by leito on 03-29-2005 at 04:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Note: the forum "Messenger Plus! Extension > Bug Reports" is for Messenger Plus! bugs only. Anything related to MSN Messenger (including bugs) should be posted in the forum "MSN/Windows Messenger". (Don't recreate this thread in there, this thread will shortly be moved to the correct forum done)

Now, to report a bug in MSN Messenger, you first need to make sure it is a MSN Messenger bug and not a Messenger Plus! bug. To test this, kill msgplus.exe, restart MSN Messenger and try to reproduce the bug.

Well I tested, and after killing MsgPlus.exe, you can't send nudges that often. So it's something related with MsgPlus! alone or with other thing (like a patch, I have this MSN Messenger patched, I'll try to do it on a clean instalation of MSN Messenger).

But killing MsgPlus.exe does solve the problem!.
RE: Being able to nudge constantly by stuartbennett on 03-29-2005 at 07:11 AM

yes there might be an option in stuffplug i think it is that enables more frequent nudging however mess patch for messenger 7 does also provide this functionallity on a system using this feature through mess patch merely disabling the msgplus.exe will not work.

RE: Being able to nudge constantly by blackjack on 03-29-2005 at 07:16 AM

Block that Damn contact.. anyway you should be able to talk to him with stuffplug :refuck: that program Called nudg0r does that thing... sends 1 to 7 or more nudges at the same time.. if im not mistaken...