Shoutbox

What is MsgPlus for you???? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: What is MsgPlus for you???? (/showthread.php?tid=40195)

What is MsgPlus for you???? by nus on 03-15-2005 at 10:44 PM

Hi!

I'm nus, MsgPlus translator (well you already know it... it's on the image under my name.... I'm the one who asked for some kind of image telling what we done...)

I'm also webmaster... it's a s**t of web... but's it's mine. I'm making a MsgPlus Section, and now I'd ask you a little question:

What's MsgPlus for you?
(I will include all your answers (most of them) in that section...)

If you want you can answer in your language, but please, put a little English translation of it...

Thank you!!!!

P.S. I'm a nice person (at least sometimes) If you want you can rate me... if not, you also can rate but surely you will not do it (the possibility doesn't depends of you, it's an administrator thing XD)

RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by Jhrono on 03-15-2005 at 10:48 PM

For me msgplus! is the greatest add-on for msn wich provides a better Instant Messaging Experience..

RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by L. Coyote on 03-15-2005 at 10:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nus
What's MsgPlus for you?
A drug. :rofl:

No, seriously... MsgPlus! is a very good add-on for MSN Messenger, which has tons of things you'll use sooner or later. It will help you enjoy chatting without going crazy.

And once you learn to use it, you can't live without it. You'll switch back to MSNM6.2 in no time if it doesn't work with newer MSNM7 versions. :rofl:

Edit: it didn't make sense before. By "older" I meant higher...
RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by Joa on 03-15-2005 at 10:52 PM

for me its just something that makes msn fun :cheesy: i luv it!

Edit: Dunno what i'd do without it :|

RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by Dane on 03-15-2005 at 10:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nus

I'm nus, MsgPlus translator (well you already know it... it's on the image under my name.... I'm the one who asked for some kind of image telling what we done...)

Err...I was the one who originally suggested the stickers for Testers, then Translators were added on :P.

Anyway, Messenger Plus! is like Vanilla Ice cream with Bananas and Hot fudge and Whipped Cream.  It is like, MSN's Required Clothes, without it, MSN is naked!
RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by mwe99 on 03-15-2005 at 10:59 PM

Msg Plus for me is a great MSN Mess. Add on which
a) makes it a cool add on
b) uses sounds to make the MSN experience better
c) hides it from people with boss protection

Overall it's an amazing extra to MSN :D

RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by NiteMare on 03-16-2005 at 12:41 AM

MsgPlus!, is the reason i still use MSN,for several reasons:
-it allows exstream customization
-logs everything
-i can get quick fast support ( also offer my support)
-and offer suggestions that are taken seriously and actual help in some way

RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by thehollyhopdrive on 03-16-2005 at 02:22 AM

A while ago I formatted my hard drive. I had to re-download MSN Messenger 6.2. For a while I kept thinking to myself "Something isn't right, I must have downloaded a really old version." None of my shortcuts were working, I actually had to go through menus to change my statuses. It was a very weird experience. Then I realised that I had forgotten to download MsgPlus...

This for me sums up what a brilliant program it is. When I have MsgPlus, it's like an old friend. You don't really realise it's there. It's easy to forget that this is actually an add-on for MSN Messenger, and not MSN Messenger itself. Getting rid of MsgPlus, if only for a short time, made me realise how much I use and rely on it without even noticing.

RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by J.J on 03-16-2005 at 04:47 AM

Msgplus is the best add on msn messenger will ever have...

- Offline toasts
- Coloured niknames
- Chat logs
- Away messages

They are all really great features :)

IMO no other addon is better and im sure alot of other people will agree

RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by haydos on 03-16-2005 at 07:55 AM

Plus! is a brilliant and ever-improving add-on, whenever i go to friends houses and notice they dont have Plus!, i realise how boring msn can be and what an improvent Plus! makes. I have never seen such a useful, feature-packed add-on to msn (y)

RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by Chestah on 03-16-2005 at 08:05 AM

Messenger Plus! enhances the users messenger experience by adding many useful features that effect their messaging capabilities hence creating an enjoyable "Plus'ed" feeling :)

:P;)

RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by Jeohri on 03-16-2005 at 09:08 AM

When you've got friends who insist on having long display names, nothing fixes that problem better than sending them to Dr msgplus for the snip...

Alright, its very corny and a little crude, but its true, and its one of the main reasons I use it. >.> Oh yeah, first post and all. Hello everyone.

RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by Millenium_edition on 03-16-2005 at 11:39 AM

messenger plus! is a community for me in the first place

RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by Shezi on 03-16-2005 at 12:32 PM

NO WORDS TO EXPLAIN THE GOODNESS OF MSGPLIS!....
Its really an nice addon... my opinion is also same as LEO have, that msgplus! is a drug.... ;)
keep enjoying its latest and unbeatable features in msn messenger world........:)

RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by Thatdot7.1 on 03-16-2005 at 12:55 PM

MsgPlus is the best add-on ever!

It has totally changed my experince of using MSN Messenger

RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by Hank on 03-16-2005 at 01:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
messenger plus! is a community for me in the first place

seconds that :P
RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by paperless on 03-16-2005 at 01:09 PM

MsgPlus! is a very cool add-on for MSN it adds a lot of things and good things.
But i dont go on MSN much atm.. to me MSGPlus = Forum = Gr8 community now.

RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by Thatdot7.1 on 03-16-2005 at 01:11 PM

The Boss Protection feature is so cool...

Especially if you got annoying little siblings wanting to play around in your MSN

RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by FrozernFire on 03-16-2005 at 01:37 PM

It turns some *lousy* :p messaging program to something that is addictive :grin:

RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by ZrednaZ on 03-16-2005 at 01:56 PM

For me it's something that makes my chat experience more interesting - aslo I love the fact that it logs everything. I can go back to any date in time and see what my contacts' names were ;)

Also with my ever-growing emotion sound catalog, it's almost got to the point where I no longer have to actually type in a response - I'll simply select a sound that pretty much covers what I would have said (like my favorite Jack Nicholson sound: "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself"...) ;)

RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by x2zen on 03-16-2005 at 02:06 PM

For me is Plus! a good "tool", it makes Messenger cool, I like the logging feature a lot, the sounds a cool, and the "Lock Messenger" feature is also a very good feature. Everything about Plus! is very good.

RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by blackjack on 03-16-2005 at 04:06 PM

Something im addicted to.. :|.. being in the community since the begining(My posts tell the oposite) makes me think that im learning and understanding that without Msg Plus! Messenger wouldnt be the same never +o( ... and Here comes Patchou to rescue us from our bored times and decided to make Msg Plus! Thanks a Million times :D

Sorry if this is bad english :P im from Mexico *-)

RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by user35870 on 03-16-2005 at 04:12 PM

msgplus is for me:

desktop contacts,
logging tool,
boss lock,

and alot of other tools :)

RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by Rik on 03-16-2005 at 04:17 PM

For me MsgPlus! is ALL.
Without it MSN Messenger would be bored.

Sorry the bad English.

RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by jren207 on 03-16-2005 at 04:25 PM

That thing they call plus! (:P), Adds lots and lots of fun and useful features that Microsoft could never have even thought of puttin into MSN Messenger...

RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by Zephyr on 03-16-2005 at 05:54 PM

Plus is a great addon for MSN which makes it look better, adds so many useful features which are easy to use. Also i think that plus shows how one person's idea can benefit so many people as we can see by this community.

RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by Ladyspryt on 03-17-2005 at 01:40 AM

If I didn't have Plus! I would be screwed...LEGALLY. This is the most wonderful add made.

Problem his EX. Momma Baby Drama Shit. Snapped her ass with the changing of her name on msn im. I freakin' had a video cam in front of the moniter before I found snap shots for the screen. But now with this I was able to tell her or remind her of things she had text on msn display name and now she leave me alone...most of the time. But life is a lot easier when you black mail you husband ex with harrasment charges if she doen't go away.

RE: What is MsgPlus for you???? by adam.yao on 03-17-2005 at 02:05 AM

Most for me

1) Custom names
2) Boss protection
3) Pop3
4) This community