Shoutbox

[split] Plus just uninstalls itself - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: [split] Plus just uninstalls itself (/showthread.php?tid=40201)

RE: 2 bugs: sound and shortcut keys by mwe99 on 03-15-2005 at 11:35 AM

Yeah mine sometimes does that and sometimes my Plus just uninstalls itself so i have to reinstall but can't wait til Thursday :D

RE: 2 bugs: sound and shortcut keys by CookieRevised on 03-15-2005 at 04:51 PM

I never heared of a software that uninstalls itself :^) Check your folders, it most likely is still there ;)

RE: 2 bugs: sound and shortcut keys by mwe99 on 03-15-2005 at 05:10 PM

lol i think MSN Mess. debugs its self which caused the uninstallation of it and it always gets rid of my plus and all my plug-ins too, but its not happened for a while and prob something i did that caused it to happen anyways (A)

RE: 2 bugs: sound and shortcut keys by CookieRevised on 03-15-2005 at 05:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
lol i think MSN Mess. debugs its self which caused the uninstallation of it and it always gets rid of my plus and all my plug-ins too, but its not happened for a while and prob something i did that caused it to happen anyways (A)
erm... that sounds to me like you screwed up, not messenger or msgplus (no offense though) :D

As I never heared of a program uninstalling itself (well, actually I do know of programs which do, but that is by design), I certainly never heared of a program debugging itself by accident.... :P

What probably have happened is that you screwed something up (installed a bad patch, a virus, etc...) and thus MSN Messenger had to either repair itself or didn't started up anymore at all. But I can't see how that will trigger the uninstallation of Messenger Plus!. All things are almost non related and almost impossible.