Shoutbox

Computer Really Busted Really Busted - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Computer Really Busted Really Busted (/showthread.php?tid=40278)

Computer Really Busted Really Busted by Val on 03-17-2005 at 01:22 AM

Im using Windows 2000

Ok my computer frozez so naturally i tryed everything to unfrezz it (ctrl+alt+delete) And then i reset my computer (witch i hate to do) and then my computer loaded up but there was a blue screen with nothing but a mouse witch i can move but nothing there but a stupid windows blue background. I can turn off my comp i can only reset it then i rembered i can try something in safe mode. When i got to selecting safe mode it didnt work it loaded up the same way as my orignal porblum but with a green background. And i still cant turn off the computer i press the button and it dosent work i can only reset the computer

(ps. im on my laptop)

Plez help me

RE: Computer Really Busted Really Busted by MC.POP on 03-17-2005 at 01:23 AM

if it doesnt have anything on the background then exactly how are u posting this thread :S
or did u just run iexplorer.exe plz more details

RE: Computer Really Busted Really Busted by Joa on 03-17-2005 at 01:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MC.POP
if it doesnt have anything on the background then exactly how are u posting this thread

he's on a laptop
Edit: i'm searching the web for problems like yours.. hopefully i'll come upon a solution or cause... :S

-> did you install anything (hardware or software) before to the problem occured?
do you get any error messages at all?

more info would help like mc.pop said
RE: Computer Really Busted Really Busted by SikStyles on 03-17-2005 at 01:35 AM

hmm i dont know but u can re-install windows, if notin else helps, or it cud be a computer problem..like inside the computer..

RE: Computer Really Busted Really Busted by Joa on 03-17-2005 at 01:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by val3006
When i got to selecting safe mode it didnt work it loaded up the same way as my orignal porblum but with a green background. And i still cant turn off the computer i press the button and it dosent work i can only reset the computer

i'm assuming you know how, but just in case :S are you sure you went about starting it up in Safe Mode correctly?

also, what do you mean the computer wont turn off when you press the button? do you mean the power button? try unplugging the computer, and than plug it back in and restart. than try safe mode again. maybe that will help. :S

Edit:
- do you have any anti-virus boot/rescue disks? you could run one at start up to check if your computer is infected.
RE: Computer Really Busted Really Busted by Striker on 03-17-2005 at 02:21 AM

for a safe shut down, just hold the power button for like 5-8 seconds, and it'll shut down properly.
as for your problem, try to re-trace things. like programs you might have just installed, windows updates, etc..

RE: Computer Really Busted Really Busted by Val on 03-26-2005 at 06:32 PM

well my comp is working but not like before it takes like 30 mins to load up the log in screen in that time its just a mouse and a diffrent shade of the background then before. But when i finally log in it works fine its pretty strange to me. Also i just rembered my friend came over and installed a mp3 dirver then i found out that the disk was cracked lol.....i should have checked it but dose anyone know how to make my comp back to normal i tryed taking away the quota settings but it didnt fix the problem

RE: Computer Really Busted Really Busted by stuff2do on 03-26-2005 at 06:39 PM

if im right, they done restore in ME, then left it out of 2000 and added it in XP? im 90% sure system restore aint on 2K, but if it is, try that, go to start --> Run --> Restore

RE: Computer Really Busted Really Busted by SG2689 on 03-26-2005 at 07:31 PM

If all else fails, use the recovery CD. :)

RE: Computer Really Busted Really Busted by Val on 03-26-2005 at 09:15 PM

well my dad set up my comp so i dont know how to set up computers and i dont know where all those cds are

RE: Computer Really Busted Really Busted by Y2Pdogg on 03-27-2005 at 01:11 AM

quote:
FAILING HARD DISK:

There are many signs of impending failure before a hard disk finally crahes on you. Some of these signs may be:

Slow access times on the affected drive.
An increasing number of bad sectors when running scandisk and chkdsk.
Unexplained Blue Screens.
Intermittent boot failures.
Detecting a failing hard disk can be tricky because the early signs are subtle. Experienced computer professionals can often hear a change in the normal disk spin. After the disk deteriorates further, you’ll see the system crawl to a standstill. Write processes will take a long time as the system tries to find good blocks to write to. This performance slow will occur when using NTFS but FAT systems will likely bring you that lovely Blue Screen of Death.

When you notice the system slowdown, run scandisk or chkdsk, depending on your operating system. If you notice a bad sector where a good sector existed , that’s a clue that the disk is going bad. Back up the data on the disk and prepare for it to fail soon. Make sure you have a spare disk ready so you can replace it when it fails, or, even better, replace the disk as soon as you notice the early signs of failure.

Disk noise and scandisk/chkdsk are your best indicators for identifying a failing drive that’s leading to a system slowdown.

That may your problem. Try what it says and see if you notice a bad sector.
RE: Computer Really Busted Really Busted by Val on 03-28-2005 at 02:00 AM

i kinda understand that but is there a way to fix my harddrive without reintalling windows or getting a new one or is it completely broken and there is no way to get it back to normal

RE: Computer Really Busted Really Busted by Hank on 03-28-2005 at 04:01 AM

have u checked the Power Supply on the computer itself?.. occasionally that can cause errors

RE: Computer Really Busted Really Busted by Steven on 03-28-2005 at 01:57 PM

help me also, when i have the itunes radio on, while
working or typing projectsmy comp just turns off BOOM just restarts and i have 2 do everythin all over again, i think it hapens when my cpu memmery is too low and to much programs running?

RE: Computer Really Busted Really Busted by paperless on 03-28-2005 at 02:06 PM

My computer also has problems but.. i dont really care i want this to get broken fast so i have an excuse to get a new one :banana:

RE: Computer Really Busted Really Busted by Val on 03-28-2005 at 09:09 PM

Well sometimes im happy that my computer skrews up because i allways tell my dad to get me a computer becaouse i have to share his and if i keep using it i will break it lol so i hope he buys me one soon