Shoutbox

new plus not working - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: new plus not working (/showthread.php?tid=40300)

new plus not working by zeus6996 on 03-17-2005 at 05:16 AM

Is anyone else having problems installing Plus! 350?
I have the Private beta... does this make a difference?

RE: new plus not working by Caboose on 03-17-2005 at 05:18 AM

The private beta shouldn't affect anything. What's the error you're getting?

RE: new plus not working by zeus6996 on 03-17-2005 at 05:26 AM

plus is not working at all
when i open msn there is no plus file option
I've tried installing plus a couple of times and I tried restarting my computer

RE: new plus not working by matty on 03-17-2005 at 05:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by zeus6996
Private beta
Private beta of Messenger Plus!? or MSN Messenger? What is the exact version of MSN Messenger you are running?
RE: new plus not working by zeus6996 on 03-17-2005 at 05:49 AM

the second latest version that came out i think 604 something.. im not sure... right now i am trying to uninstall and reinstall everything

RE: new plus not working by Ahmad on 03-17-2005 at 05:50 AM

I had that problem... I installed it, it restarted my Messenger and Plus! wasn't there...

So I checked the task manager to see if Plus! was running, it was.... so I exited Messenger and launched it again, all was fine.

RE: new plus not working by zeus6996 on 03-17-2005 at 05:54 AM

i did that too.. it didnt work...
then i uninstalled msn and plus and reinstalled it on the public beta (7.0.040something).. thats not working... does anyone know where i can get the lastest version of windows messenger... i think its 5

now plus is showing up in the file bar but a box keeps poping saying that it needs to be restarted constantly
RE: new plus not working by Chestah on 03-17-2005 at 06:18 AM

Can you provide us with some more specific information about your machine thanks :)
Operating system etc  :)

RE: new plus not working by zeus6996 on 03-17-2005 at 06:21 AM

P4
2.2ghz
1000 GB ram
XP
Everytime it restarts popups come saying different plugins i have, have a "fatal error 55" (like FileTransferPlus) and then it tells me that i have to repair and restart msn which i do and it just keeps going

RE: new plus not working by matty on 03-17-2005 at 06:28 AM

quote:
1000 GB ram
That is some sick ass shit!

To bad XP by default only sees 2GBs.

Do you constantly get what we call a Recovery Window with 3 options? Have you tried to have Plus! fix the problem with that? The other thing you can try is in the Plus! Preferences > General > Miscellaneous > Force Messenger Plus! to load when computer starts. then restart the PC.

quote:
Everytime it restarts popups come saying different plugins i have, have a fatal error like FileTransferPlus

Do a complete uninstall of Plus! and its Plugins, or rename the Plugins directory and Restart MSN Messenger (Note MSN Messenger has to be closed before doing this).
RE: new plus not working by Ahmad on 03-17-2005 at 06:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
quote:
1000 GB ram
That is some sick ass shit!

^o) I think he meant 1000mb...

RE: new plus not working by zeus6996 on 03-17-2005 at 06:32 AM

yeah sorry mb... I think it's 1gb of ram to which I have about 900 and some ish spare in lue of the opperating system

RE: new plus not working by Hank on 03-17-2005 at 06:38 AM

try doing a clean install of MSN Messenger an 3.50

RE: new plus not working by zeus6996 on 03-17-2005 at 06:58 AM

I think I got it to work now by uninstalling everything and now rebuilding it all!!
Thanks to everyone that helped me
This is a very friendly community
I have gotten many people into Plus! I just hope this doesn't happen with them or they will give me an ear full... :P

RE: new plus not working by Chestah on 03-17-2005 at 07:05 AM

quote:
I think I got it to work now by uninstalling everything and now rebuilding it all!!
Thanks to everyone that helped me
This is a very friendly community
I have gotten many people into Plus! I just hope this doesn't happen with them or they will give me an ear full... :P

This should be very rare :) thank you for your help in letting us help you!
RE: new plus not working by zeus6996 on 03-17-2005 at 08:15 AM

The moral of this thread is that one must uninstall Plus! before installing the new version... I think it's a conflict with the plug ins..
I believe the "Hopper" plug in is not compatable with this version... someone check and correct me if i'm wrong...

RE: new plus not working by Thatdot7.1 on 03-17-2005 at 08:30 AM

[QUOTE=zues6996] i did that too.. it didnt work...
then i uninstalled msn and plus and reinstalled it on the public beta (7.0.040something).. thats not working... does anyone know where i can get the lastest version of windows messenger... i think its 5

Just start up Windows Messenger and auto-download it or go to Microsoft.com

RE: new plus not working by CookieRevised on 03-17-2005 at 03:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Thatdot7.1
Just start up Windows Messenger and auto-download it or go to Microsoft.com
Please, we appriciate it that you're trying to help (Y), but so far I have seen nothing more then incorrect suggestion or stuff which is not related at all in your post (N). If you don't know the answer and if you didn't tested it out yourself to make sure it works, then do not post! (even the links you provide to back up your suggestions are not correct :()

quote:
i did that too.. it didnt work...
If Plus! doesn't even work on the public beta's then it is something on your side that is wrong, not Plus!.

quote:
The moral of this thread is that one must uninstall Plus! before installing the new version... I think it's a conflict with the plug ins..
I believe the "Hopper" plug in is not compatable with this version... someone check and correct me if i'm wrong...
(The moral is that MSN Messenger 7.0.0604 is an old private beta version, only to be used by selected beta testers.)

Anyways, if it is a conflict with plugins, then simply disable the plugins. If it works then (provided you have a up to date healthy system), then enable each plugin one by one (and each time restarting MSN Messenger) until you find the bad plugin.

Note: Hopper is compatible with Plus! 3.50 and MSN Messenger 7