Shoutbox

What sound is this from... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: What sound is this from... (/showthread.php?tid=40326)

What sound is this from... by Adammm on 03-17-2005 at 10:18 AM

i've been browsing through the sounds and i've come accross a few that sound similiar like the Sailing Mishap! one, and the My Blood Hurts. i just wanna know what these are from, they have that little thing at the end aswell..

RE: What sound is this from... by CookieRevised on 03-17-2005 at 11:55 AM

There is no way to know the origins of sounds on the sound server where millions of users are able to upload a sound. Also, the names of sounds are not unique, sounds can have the same name.

RE: What sound is this from... by Adammm on 03-17-2005 at 11:57 AM

no, but because there was a few of them, it might be from a TV show or something else. thats why i asked, sorry if its too much 8-)

RE: What sound is this from... by CookieRevised on 03-17-2005 at 12:13 PM

It is not too much to ask, it is simply impossible to know where some random user has taken his sound from only by specifying a name. At best you can post the ID of the sound and hoping that someone reconizes the sound. But even then there is no way in knowing if the sound is original or not.

RE: What sound is this from... by Adammm on 03-17-2005 at 12:59 PM

where are your sounds stored?

RE: What sound is this from... by Eljay on 03-17-2005 at 02:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Adammm
where are your sounds stored?

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds

but they are not stored as sound files, they are stored as .dat
RE: What sound is this from... by Purity on 03-17-2005 at 02:29 PM

Invision sent me a file and it was a package .plp    Wasn't working with any program on my computer....I dunno how to use it...

RE: What sound is this from... by Eljay on 03-17-2005 at 02:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Purity
Invision sent me a file and it was a package .plp    Wasn't working with any program on my computer....I dunno how to use it...

.plp files are Plus! Sound Packs
to use them you simply go to the sound library and click Add/Edit/Remove Sounds

then you select import sounds from a sound pack and select the .plp file you have and click ok

it then imports all the sounds automatically into your library for immediate use :P
RE: What sound is this from... by Ralluf on 03-17-2005 at 02:47 PM

where do I find these sound packs?

RE: What sound is this from... by Tochjo on 03-17-2005 at 02:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ralluf
where do I find these sound packs?
Sound packs are packs of sounds which you can import in Messenger Plus!. They can be made by people who have made their own sounds, or who have a nice collection of sounds. Others can then add exactly those sounds.

Else, you can get new sounds by recording your own or using the Add Random Sound button.