Shoutbox

webcam won't work in msn7 official beta - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: webcam won't work in msn7 official beta (/showthread.php?tid=40337)

webcam won't work in msn7 official beta by vincerooney on 03-17-2005 at 12:11 PM

In the new leaked msn7 beta off the public website is anyone having major problems with the webcam option? ive just downloaded the new msg 3.50

whenever i click on webcam (with no audio) it comes up 'webcam is not attached' but yet if i go into webcam settings via msn i can perfectly see myself and obviously the webcam is working.

is this a major bug? it seems to be working ok then i do a voice conference but not many people want that...

RE: webcam won't work in msn7 official beta by PureLegend on 03-17-2005 at 12:23 PM

I've been having similar problems. My webcam worked fine with 6.2, but gave up on 7.0. It doesn't even recognise it in the Audio/Video wizard, even though it's installed and working. I just assumed it was outdated.

RE: webcam won't work in msn7 official beta by The_Thief on 03-17-2005 at 02:24 PM

Mabye they are still working on that feature in the official beta?

RE: webcam won't work in msn7 official beta by Jeohri on 03-17-2005 at 02:51 PM

Mines working fine, just been using it about 10 minutes ago infact. Exactly the same set up as yours, official beta not the new .429 build that came out today. The one before that, along with msgplus 3.50.

RE: webcam won't work in msn7 official beta by vincerooney on 03-17-2005 at 04:36 PM

I fixed it everyone. Do the audio and webcam wizard and then it comes up to webcam settings click to see if theres another webcam you can choose.

mine was selected on labtec video camera and even though i could see myself on the next image it didnt work on msn sending it to people.

So i chose the second option which was simply 'labtec' and it now works normally.

the only annoying thing about the new msn beta is how it can so quickly hide contacts. all you have to do is right click near 'friends' or something and it'll quickly hide them all away...its annoying as heck.

RE: webcam won't work in msn7 official beta by matty on 03-17-2005 at 05:02 PM

Try doing the Audio/Video Tuning Wizard. Thats what I have to do when using mine a few times.

In a conversation
Tools > Audio/Video Tuning Wizard