Shoutbox

[NO-BUG] Never give etc bug - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: [NO-BUG] Never give etc bug (/showthread.php?tid=40345)

[NO-BUG] Never give etc bug by user13774 on 03-17-2005 at 01:03 PM

I'm not 100% sure that it's a bug in Msgplus, but in previous versions of Messenger Plus you were able to remove the 'Never give passwords and credit card bla bla... etc' (Complete line in Dutch is: "Verstrek nooit wachtwoorden of creditcardnummers in een bericht") line.

Now it shows this line again sometimes :dodgy:. Is this a bug?

[Image: attachment.php?pid=407894]

RE: Never give etc bug by Mnjul on 03-17-2005 at 01:11 PM

Plus! never provided a function to remove the text; rather, it could replace the text using the registry:

HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\your@email.com\Preferences

ChangeSecurityWarning (DWORD) Default: 0
SecurityWarningTxt (String) Default: (local specific)
If ChangeSecurityWarning is set to true (1), the security warning displayed at the beginning of chats is modified to match the text specified in SecurityWarningTxt

It is MSN Messenger itself that removes the text: the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\(your passport id) -> WarningMsgCount" matters. See CookieRevised's reply to Get rid of the warning text at the start of chats.
RE: Never give etc bug by user13774 on 03-17-2005 at 01:39 PM

Thank you very much. :) (y)

I don't why, but I never saw the warning with 7.0.0425... but now I installed 0632 and the message showed up.

RE: Never give etc bug by Tochjo on 03-17-2005 at 01:40 PM

The warning is visible the first few (five?) times you use a new version, then it will disappear on its own.

RE: Never give etc bug by user13774 on 03-17-2005 at 01:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
It is MSN Messenger itself that removes the text: the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\(your passport id) -> WarningMsgCount" matters. See CookieRevised's reply to Get rid of the warning text at the start of chats.

I've done as you (and Cookie) said (put the value of WarningMsgCount to '0') but it keeps comming back :(

RE: Never give etc bug by toddy on 03-17-2005 at 02:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
(five?)

ten i think
RE: Never give etc bug by CookieRevised on 03-17-2005 at 02:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddler
quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
(five?)
ten i think
Don't think... check :P it's 5 times by default... ;)

For a tutorial on this see: CookieRevised's reply to MsgPlus rock!

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
See CookieRevised's reply to Get rid of the warning text at the start of chats.
blah... you just found an old and wrong post of mine :P you win a T-shirt with "Cookie is newb" :D (that thread had to be pruned long time ago :p) ...post fixed there

quote:
Originally posted by Markus
I've done as you (and Cookie) said (put the value of WarningMsgCount to '0') but it keeps comming back :(
reread my fixed post in that link there... set it to:
=> 5 to disable
=> 0xFFFFFFFF (hexadecimal!) to always enable
=> 0 to start the 5-times count again

--

(note: blah, I just noticed the old reffered thread in that post has been pruned, I'll ask wdz to restore it if possible as it contains more detailed and important info regarding this) :bow: @ WDZ
RE: Never give etc bug by user13774 on 03-17-2005 at 04:46 PM

Thank you! You are always a great help. (Y)