Shoutbox

No icon on top toolbar with 3.5. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: No icon on top toolbar with 3.5. (/showthread.php?tid=40347)

No icon on top toolbar with 3.5. by Islander on 03-17-2005 at 01:36 PM

Hi and hello.

It's been a long time, and Patchou, congratulations for your new release. Without knowing (or perhaps you do), you made my day(s!), because Plus! now works much better when using Remote Desktop! ;)

Anyway, there seems to be a bug somewhere. As you can see on the attached image, the icon that should be on the right corner is not there. It was when I installed Plus! this morning, and I have no idea where it's gone now. I already tried restarting Messenger, but it still doesn't come back. I didn't change any option either, only added some floating contacts and had a look at the new sound menues.

I'm using XP Pro with SP2, fully patched, with Messenger 7.0.0425, and Plus! 3.50.124, and accesing through Windows Remote Desktop right now.

RE: No icon on top toolbar with 3.5. by Islander on 03-17-2005 at 02:16 PM

Ok, here is a little update. I just arrived home and guess what's back? So the problem seems to be present only when using Remote Desktop (which I can confirm in 2 hours when I'm back at work).

Edit: Confirmed, I'm back at work now and using Remote Desktop again and the icon is not there. Buggy :S

RE: No icon on top toolbar with 3.5. by squall_leonhart69r on 03-17-2005 at 03:44 PM

also others a noticing the custom sound icon going from the textbox

RE: No icon on top toolbar with 3.5. by Patchou on 03-17-2005 at 07:39 PM

can you try to increasethe color depth  in yourremote desktop connection? it may solve the problem (just for the info, I'll check out what the problem is exactly)

RE: No icon on top toolbar with 3.5. by Islander on 03-17-2005 at 10:36 PM

I already did that, but no, it's color depth independant. I tried 15 (which I normally use), 16 and 24 bit. No icon.
Oh, and in case it helps: The buttons inside the chat windows seem to work correctly with Remote Desktop. Beside, the small round button inside chat windows you used in the previous version of Plus! also used to appear (even though it made the system redraw the window very often and slowed down the response... not anymore now!).

RE: No icon on top toolbar with 3.5. by javish on 03-18-2005 at 04:12 PM

I don't have it either:S

upss....I found it hehehe I just had to expand a little my contact list :wall:

RE: No icon on top toolbar with 3.5. by reisyboy on 03-18-2005 at 05:04 PM

Yeh Patchou i have this same problem too. However it is only on my old Windows 2000 (sp4)Laptop. Now it only runs in 24bit resolution, not the 32 that runs on all my other pc's and im guessing what the guy above was running in when he got back home. May it be that it wont work in below 32bit resolution? However then when messing about with the main msn messenger window. It flashes up temporarily, then disapears, as i expand an reduce the window size. Any ideas patchou? What screen resolution where the rest of you running in and what OS?

P.S. I'll try to capture a picture.

RE: No icon on top toolbar with 3.5. by Islander on 03-18-2005 at 05:25 PM

Yes!! That seems to be the error, my brother just changed his screen depth at home to 16bit, and the icon disappeared. As soon as he changed it back to 32bit, it appeared again.
So that is the reason I can't see it with Remote Desktop. And probably other people here, even without.

RE: No icon on top toolbar with 3.5. by reisyboy on 03-18-2005 at 08:47 PM

Yup i reckon it only shows when you are in 32bit mode or above if you have the equipment todo it. Patchou can you confirm this? Is there anyway to make possibly 24bit work? (Especially as my Laptop doesnt go any higher :P)

RE: No icon on top toolbar with 3.5. by andrey on 03-18-2005 at 08:56 PM

Yes, the icon isn't shown when you set the colors to 16-bit, but is shown with 256 colors or 32-bit.

RE: No icon on top toolbar with 3.5. by reisyboy on 03-18-2005 at 10:26 PM

Andrey we also beleive it doesnt work on 24bit (i can conform this) but can you verify?

RE: No icon on top toolbar with 3.5. by andrey on 03-18-2005 at 11:20 PM

No, sorry I can't set the depth to 24-bit to verify this.
All I can say is that it does not work with 16-bit but does work with True Color at 32-bit, 256 colors (8-bit) (but icon disappears sometimes) and with 16 colors (4-bit).

RE: No icon on top toolbar with 3.5. by Islander on 03-19-2005 at 12:16 AM

Ok, we experimented a bit more and my brother tried it with 256 colors using Remote Desktop. The icon appears, even though it looks terrible, black background and you can not see the symbol clearly. Also as soon as you move the mouse the icon disappears and does not appear again until you change the size of the (MSN-)window.

RE: No icon on top toolbar with 3.5. by CookieRevised on 03-20-2005 at 08:36 PM

related: 'icon annoyance on top toolbar in 3.5.'