Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! POP3 Gmail Limitations - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! POP3 Gmail Limitations (/showthread.php?tid=40394)

Messenger Plus! POP3 Gmail Limitations by CookieRevised on 03-17-2005 at 08:34 PM

Messenger Plus! POP3 Gmail Limitations

Everyone’s probably thinking that there is a problem with Plus’s new SSL pop3 feature and Gmail, which Patchou previously stated would be compatible with MsgPlus! 3.50+. However be aware that it is not a bug or problem with Plus! at all, in fact it's how Gmail itself handles the pop3 protocol.

Plus! connects to Gmail using the pop3 protocol and requests the total amount of new messages in your account – which due to the new SSL (Secure Socket Layer) is now possible. However due to the way Gmail stores emails (using labels instead of folders and “threading” sent & received messages together), it will not return the correct number of new emails when Plus! checks for it. Gmail will instead return the total number of emails received, including ones read, and also emails that you have sent. Over time this will compound with Plus! constantly reporting a higher and higher number of 'new' emails. So, you'll know when you'll get new emails, you'll just don't know how many.

Changing your pop3 settings in Gmail (For example: to “Archive when read”) will only fix the problem partially due to the fact that Plus! sticks to the pop3 protocol and only requests the number of new emails from Gmail, it does not read nor delete the emails.

Seeing as this is not an error in Plus's SSL pop3 feature this will not be corrected directly in Messenger Plus!. Sorry for this inconvenience :). Let us hope Google will fix their pop3 feature in the near future and abide by the standards of the pop3 protocol.

Thank you and we all hope you enjoy Messenger Plus! :D

--

This same information, including pictures and step-by-step instructions on how to set up pop3 in Messenger Plus!3, can be found in the Messenger Plus! Tutorials section on the help pages, specifically here.

Also notice the section "Why does Plus! has problems with Gmail?" in the tutorials.

--

All this goes for both Messenger Plus!3 as for Messenger Plus! Live.

--

More Updates will be made to this thread when more information is available.

Text based on Chestah's second draft. Credits go to him.

RE: MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by qkslvr221 on 03-18-2005 at 03:32 AM

I think i found a fix for this, I went to Forwarding and POP settings in my gmail acct. and set the option to "Enable POP only for mail that arrives from now on"

Now it is correctly displaying the count, for I have tons of sent emails in the outbox and read emails in the inbox- it all works perfectly.

Hope this helps

RE: MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by CookieRevised on 03-18-2005 at 04:34 AM

The only difference between "from now on" and "all" is that previous posts will not be counted. As soon as you start sending mail and recieving mail, the same 'bug' will appear, can you confirm that?

RE: RE: MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by Leif on 03-18-2005 at 07:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
The only difference between "from now on" and "all" is that previous posts will not be counted. As soon as you start sending mail and recieving mail, the same 'bug' will appear, can you confirm that?

Well, I certainly can confirm that! *Sigh*
RE: MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by Chestah on 03-18-2005 at 07:46 AM

yep there is no way to fix this problem unless Gmail itself change how they use the pop3 protocol :), you actually can determine how many new emails you have if you have remembered the last number that plus reported :). Just a simple maths problem of:

code:
Number that Plus reports - Previous Number that plus reported!

This will tell you how many are new :) just remember that after you send an email plus will add one to the amount of new emails you have recieved :).

If you really could be bothered :P, when the number gets too high, you can go into gmail's pop3 settings page and then set gmail to ""Enable POP only for mail that arrives from now on" which will reset the amount of new emails plus reports back down to 0 until you send or recieve an email :)

Thanks Cookie :)
RE: MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by Metaphis on 03-18-2005 at 01:48 PM

Couldn't a plugin use the Gmail API to access gmail account instead of using POP3? that way the problem could be fixed without requiring google to do there modifications (wich could take a while)

RE: MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by Sunshine on 03-18-2005 at 01:54 PM

The only thing you can do to fix a lil bit of it is to label and archive the e-mails in the inbox. However sent mail is counted aswell (Gmail seems to have coded that same as inbox) and there is no way you can archive sent mail (i tried). Only way to fix that is like Chestah said...enable pop3 in Gmail again fresh.

RE: MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by CookieRevised on 03-18-2005 at 03:44 PM

The whole problem is that Gmail doesn't stick to the POP3 specifications! A true POP3 account is not meant to be used as an online storage, that's what IMAP (web mail) is for. Either way, both POP3 and IMAP specification are very clear and should be followed to the letter. If not, a new protocol should be made, just like MS did for their Hotmail mails. 'Raping' an existing protocol like that is never a good idea and will make programs useless and people think they are buggy.

This exactly same the is as would I write to begin this like, and call it proper English.

A fix? (Download and) delete every read and sent mail. That's how POP3 should be used anyways by the user. If you don't want that, then switch to IMAP.

RE: MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by eltipito on 03-18-2005 at 06:11 PM

i had de same problem but without gmail, with @argentina.com!....

Reads all the mails, unread and read!.......:S:S

RE: MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by Chestah on 03-19-2005 at 02:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Metaphis
Couldn't a plugin use the Gmail API to access gmail account instead of using POP3? that way the problem could be fixed without requiring google to do there modifications (wich could take a while)

Yes, someone could make a Plus! plugin that does this and doesn't even use the SSL POP3 feature and just parses the gmail page like gmail checker and other programs do :). I queried TheBlasphemer (Plus! Plugin maker - StuffplugNG) about this but he said he wouldn't :(.
RE: MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by CookieRevised on 03-19-2005 at 02:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by eltipito
i had de same problem but without gmail, with @argentina.com!....

Reads all the mails, unread and read!......
That doesn't nessecairly mean it is the same fault. Can you test if sent mails are also counted?

If this isn't the case then that is a common thing which some POP3 hosts do (many of which also support webmail). Instead of returning the number of unread mails, they return the number of all mails in the inbox (sent mails aren't counted).

But, again this is a bad implementation of the POP3 standard, but a very common one.

The only solution is to disable "leave mails on server" in your POP3 client program (as it should be anyways, because the purpose of a POP3 mail is that you download your mails to your computer (and delete them from the server) before you read them).

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
Yes, someone could make a Plus! plugin that does this and doesn't even use the SSL POP3 feature and just parses the gmail page like gmail checker and other programs do.
That still would require SSL, only this time it is handled by your browser.
RE: MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by Chestah on 03-19-2005 at 03:06 AM

quote:

quote:
Yes, someone could make a Plus! plugin that does this and doesn't even use the SSL POP3 feature and just parses the gmail page like gmail checker and other programs do.
That still would require SSL, only this time it is handled by your browser.

of course! :)

Some temporary alternatives until/or if a Plus! Plugin is created are:

Gmail Notifier - Google's official Gmail Notifier

GTray - Gtray is a very fast unofficial notifier program that uses very low amount of resources - I used to be a moderator at the forum for this application but then ran out of time to help in its development!

Gmail Notifier for Firefox - Unofficial Gmail Notifier that notifies you when you are using firefox!

G-Notifier -Open source unofficial Gmail notifier! Shows you some of the recieved messages so you can decided which you want to read!

EDIT: cookie you might wanna put some of these in your first post :)
RE: MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by KennyERJ on 03-19-2005 at 02:00 PM

Mine does the same thing with my Earthlink email account. It started out showing 15 new emails when there were none and now 6 days later it is showing 28 new emails when there are none. One thing I wanted to say about Gmail too, is that they have a G-Notifier that works great with Gmail. It sits in your system tray and besides just telling you how many new emails you have, it actually gives you a little preview of the new email that have come in so you can decide if it's something worth checking.

RE: MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by zipmegabyte on 03-19-2005 at 04:57 PM

Isn't there a way to check email through Gmail RSS feed capabilities?

RE: MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by Chestah on 03-19-2005 at 09:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zipmegabyte
Isn't there a way to check email through Gmail RSS feed capabilities?

Yes, i believe that is possible, and i actually think their is a RSS plugin for msgplus out there somewhere, i'll go and check for you and see if i can find it :)

EDIT: thankyou KennyERJ your suggestion has been added :)
RE: MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by Sunshine on 03-19-2005 at 09:46 PM

There already is a thread with Gmail notifiers (and other Gmail stuff) :D Check out this post.

Anyways this thread is about MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations, not about alternative Gmail checkers. Lets try and stay on topic :P

Checking Gmail works fine (the counts..ofcourse the checkin from Plus! works perfectly fine) if you forward everything into your pop3 email client (ISP e-mailaddy - not leaving any messages on the server or let Gmail archive the copy) or when you just follow the tips mentioned before:
- Archive messages in inbox after you read them (you can still access em in "all mail")
- After you've sent mail (and you find the email count too high) go into Gmail settings > forwarding and pop ... check "enable POP only for mail that arrives from now on", click save.

RE: MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by JMMB on 03-26-2005 at 09:01 PM

I've been having the same problems with gmail only I've tried everything in this thread and it still tells me I have five e-mails every time, even now that I've permanently deleted every last one and tried multiple different combinations of settings.  My messenger keeps telling windows that I have five unread messages, so that shows up on the XP welcome/login screen and it won't go away!:@  I've tried everything I can think of can anyone help me?!:(

JMMB

RE: MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by Ricey on 03-27-2005 at 11:24 AM

So basically, Patchou lied to us all when he said messenger plus would be compatible with gmail

(N)

RE: RE: MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by blackjack on 03-27-2005 at 11:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ricey
So basically, Patchou lied to us all when he said messenger plus would be compatible with gmail

(N)

No he did not lie.. read the whole thread please 8-)
RE: MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by CookieRevised on 03-29-2005 at 12:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JMMB
I've been having the same problems with gmail only I've tried everything in this thread and it still tells me I have five e-mails every time, even now that I've permanently deleted every last one and tried multiple different combinations of settings.  My messenger keeps telling windows that I have five unread messages, so that shows up on the XP welcome/login screen and it won't go away!:@  I've tried everything I can think of can anyone help me?!:(
This has most likely nothing to do with GMail nor with Messenger Plus!, but rather with your Windows itself. Take a look at my old post "CookieRevised's reply to email glitching" (windows issues)...

RE: RE: MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by rav0 on 04-09-2005 at 12:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JMMB

JMMB

The unread email count will go away after a while. The default expiry is 14 days.

quote:
Originally posted by Ricey

(N)

Patchou said Messenger Plus! would work with Gmail now because it would support SSL with POP3, which it does. Problem is, Gmail doesn't only tell Plus! about unread emails.

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Anyways this thread is about MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations, not about alternative Gmail checkers. Lets try and stay on topic:P

This is a Gmail limitation, Messenger Plus! is doing all it should, quoting information given by Gmail.
RE: MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by Chestah on 04-09-2005 at 12:22 AM

Exactly, if you need anymore information PM me with your email and i'll explain it to you there. I investigated this feature before the launch of the latest plus and i can tell you everything you'd want to know :)

RE: MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by MeEtc on 04-12-2005 at 08:50 PM

Although it has nothing do do with Plus! Those of you who want to know when they get mail from Gmail can use Google's notifier instead of MSN. It places an icon of an envelope in the system tray. Notificatoins are sent with a slide up message, and the envelope gains a blue border when new mail arrives. More info can be obtained from Gmail's
Info Page

RE: MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by yonki on 04-12-2005 at 09:29 PM

You say its gmails fault. Then why does it work properly with all these other programs?

quote:
Configure POP Access
Answer     
return to Help Center

Once you've enabled POP in your Gmail account, configure your mail client or wireless device to download Gmail messages. To learn about configuration settings, click the name of your mail client or wireless device below:

Mail Clients

* Outlook Express and Outlook 2002 (and older) (Windows)
    * Outlook Express and Outlook 2002 (and older) (Mac)
    * Outlook 2003
    * Entourage 2004
    * Entourage X
    * Eudora 5.1 (and higher) (Sponsored & Paid Mode)
    * Eudora 5.1 (and higher) (Light Mode)
    * Netscape Mail 7.x
    * Netscape Mail 6.2
    * Netscape Mail 4.5, 4.6, or 4.7
    * Apple Mail
    * Mozilla 1.7
    * Thunderbird 0.x

* Other

Wireless Devices

* BlackBerry Internet Service™
I think it can be done (impossible is nothing ;) ). If you make it work properly youll have a better msgplus, if you dont you can keep blaming gmail but msgplus users will be lacking that feature.
RE: MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by rav0 on 04-13-2005 at 03:37 AM

It works properly with all those other programs because all of those other programs are fully-fledged POP3 email clients. They download all mail out of your Gmail account, and create a local copy on your computer, which is presented to you for you to read and manage/delete. Normally, with POP3 mail, once a client downloads messages, it deletes from the server. Gmail won't let the client do this, but you can set Gmail to take an action with downloaded messages. You then read them in the client, you delete them from the client, or the client marks the local copy as read.

Messenger Plus! is not a email client. It reads the POP3 data from Gmail, and reports the number of messages. If you choose, Messenger Plus! will launch a full POP3 client, or open www.gmail.com in your default web browser when click your email notification.

That list exists because they are popular programs, and Google has had the time to create step-by-step guides to entering Gmail's POP3 settings into them. It is not a supported clients list.

Edit: Spelling and clarification

RE: MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by Chestah on 04-13-2005 at 03:43 AM

If outlook and those other programs just checked your email they would come up with the same number as Plus! Except the way in which your using outlook (& etc) is to read and download the messages.

Plus! does not download any messages merely just reports the number back to you. Gmail doesn't abide to the pop3 protocol very well and hence this is why it doesn't work :(

RE: MsgPlus! 3.5 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by XinanZhang™ on 04-16-2005 at 04:42 AM

Ok thanks for the news. *-)

XinanZhang™

RE: MsgPlus! 3.5 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by rav0 on 04-16-2005 at 05:19 AM

It seems that we can't read properly.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=441224]

It says total email count. :o

RE: MsgPlus! 3.5 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by Chestah on 04-16-2005 at 06:58 AM

Yep, but it should be total of the inbox and notify you with new emails ;). Thats why theres limitations with gmail :(

RE: MsgPlus! 3.5 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by Ben Dummett on 04-24-2005 at 01:43 AM

quote:
Let us hope Google will fix their pop3 feature in the near future and abide by the standards of the pop3 protocol.

Well I guess gmail is still in beta, so there is hope yet!

:)
RE: MsgPlus! 3.5 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by Chestah on 06-03-2005 at 09:49 AM

I doubt they'll fix it but we can hope i guess :P

RE: MsgPlus! 3.5 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by axemaster9 on 06-08-2005 at 07:04 AM

sorry if this is stupid... first time poster and all...

this limitation has really been bugging me...
im no script expert, but there are some scripts for gmail out there... would it be at all feasable to have one go to the settings and disable then reenable pop3 (for mail since now) in gmail every time Messenger Plus checks for new mail? this combined with archiving all new mail in the inbox would give a reliable count for new messages only... except for conversations with more that one message on them i suppose...

anyway, just a thought...

RE: MsgPlus! 3.5 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by rav0 on 06-13-2005 at 09:24 AM

Maybe, but Gmail is pretty secure, and uses XML-RPC to download pages, so you might have to resort to mouse macros to control a browser window to do it. You could always ask someone in Tech Talk, or at msnfanatic.

RE: MsgPlus! 3.5 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by saralk on 07-30-2005 at 02:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by axemaster9
sorry if this is stupid... first time poster and all...

this limitation has really been bugging me...
im no script expert, but there are some scripts for gmail out there... would it be at all feasable to have one go to the settings and disable then reenable pop3 (for mail since now) in gmail every time Messenger Plus checks for new mail? this combined with archiving all new mail in the inbox would give a reliable count for new messages only... except for conversations with more that one message on them i suppose...

anyway, just a thought...

it is possibly i guess, to do it. But if Patchou adds a way for people to get around the Gmail problem, then other people who might have another problem with a different e-mail server will then ask for it to be fixed and use the argument that "Patchou fixed the gmail problem, why can't he fix this one?".

Furthermore, if you do this, then you are appeasing google, and sending out the message that it is ok not to follow protocols because everyone else will work around your misinterpritation of the protocols.
RE: MsgPlus! 3.5 Pop3 Gmail Limitations by Chestah on 09-19-2005 at 06:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
it is possibly i guess, to do it. But if Patchou adds a way for people to get around the Gmail problem, then other people who might have another problem with a different e-mail server will then ask for it to be fixed and use the argument that "Patchou fixed the gmail problem, why can't he fix this one?".

Furthermore, if you do this, then you are appeasing google, and sending out the message that it is ok not to follow protocols because everyone else will work around your misinterpritation of the protocols.

Yep Saralk has it completely correct :), this is why we made this thread in the first place, as when Msgplus 3.5 was released it was around the time of the big Gmail craze where it seemed everyone had and wanted gmail. If patchou codes  in a feature for gmail then every other email system that does not follow the correct protocols of POP3 will be requested bloating Msgplus! Features like these are left to Plugin Makers :)

EDIT: Thanks Chris for changing the title of this thread, note with the immient release of Msgplus 3.6 this limitation will affect it as well as 3.5 and most likely all future versions.
RE: MsgPlus! Pop3 Gmail Limitations by Tom1807 on 09-27-2005 at 06:47 AM

And what about implementing something similar like RSS. I know it sounds maybe silly, but with Opera I can check the emails by RSS feed. So maybe something similar can be implemented.

Greetings
Tom

Note to myself: I should search the forum before posting. Thanks Ddunk

RE: MsgPlus! Pop3 Gmail Limitations by ddunk on 09-27-2005 at 06:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Tom1807
And what about implementing something similar like RSS. I know it sounds maybe silly, but with Opera I can check the emails by RSS feed. So maybe something similar can be implemented.

Greetings
Tom

There's already a plugin for that. See RssPlug Beta 0.3 :)
RE: MsgPlus! Pop3 Gmail Limitations by BigTrev on 09-27-2005 at 07:11 AM

What about if you just make as new gmail account just for plus. Than have your other one forward the mail, then as soon as you read i delete it from the 2nd account as you will have it in your normal account.

Thanks Trev

RE: MsgPlus! Pop3 Gmail Limitations by Chestah on 09-27-2005 at 08:12 AM

hmm, actually i think that will work. Try it out and please post back here if it works :)

RE: MsgPlus! Pop3 Gmail Limitations by soul4arg on 12-24-2005 at 05:01 PM

I try all the settings, but my msgplus can't detect anyways. It just can't detect from pop3.

RE: MsgPlus! Pop3 Gmail Limitations by CookieRevised on 12-24-2005 at 09:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by soul4arg
I try all the settings, but my msgplus can't detect anyways. It just can't detect from pop3.
It does detect stuff from pop3. Hence it is a pop3 checker!

The thing is, GMail is NOT pop3, despite what they say it is. Please read the first post in this thread. ;)
RE: MsgPlus! Pop3 Gmail Limitations by -TheKing- on 06-23-2006 at 09:19 AM

Actually, I never seem to have that issue and I used the POP3 feature in Messenger Plus! to check my e-mail.

I use the archive my messages when they are downloaded on POP3 setting on GMail.

I also disabled the leave a copy of downloaded messages on server in my e-mail program (Microsoft Outlook).

Unfortunately, If you don't actually use POP3 to check GMail but you just use the POP3 feature in GMail so you can use the Messenger Plus! feature to check how much e-mail you have, then I can't help you with this advice.

RE: MsgPlus! Pop3 Gmail Limitations by DamianWarS on 06-26-2006 at 09:23 AM

the gmail limitation doesn't bother me.... i can do math and remember the last number of emails gmail had... but i seem to have reached a max limit or something.  i'm all about google’s philosophy with "never delete an email again" they have good search tools so why not.  so i have about a 1000 or so emails but plus says i have 445 and it has said that for a few months now.  i just disabled the feature because its pretty useless for me and I don’t care enough to reset the count all the time.

don't misunderstand me i'm not trying to say plus needs to fix this i'm sure its been programed around the pop3 protocol properly and i'm sure its all gmails fault but I’m curious to know if anyone else out there is having the same problem.  Or can someone confirm they get a count over 445 that increments.

interestingly enough sometimes i have received a count like 445,3 and the comma seems to separate different folders in most cases its seems to be the junk mail folder but it also has picked up the drafts folder  Its a little random and its never consistant to really know and I’m sure its all gmails fault.

RE: MsgPlus! Pop3 Gmail Limitations by SerGuMa on 06-26-2006 at 10:55 AM

I've never had any problem with the gmail mail notification, it always says the exact amount I have, then when I download them using outlook it turns back to 0, as it should be.

RE: MsgPlus! Pop3 Gmail Limitations by Chestah on 06-26-2006 at 09:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SerGuMa
I've never had any problem with the gmail mail notification, it always says the exact amount I have, then when I download them using outlook it turns back to 0, as it should be.

Do you delete your emails or achive them?
RE: RE: MsgPlus! Pop3 Gmail Limitations by SerGuMa on 06-26-2006 at 11:35 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SerGuMa

Do you delete your emails or achive them?

archive them ^^
RE: MsgPlus! Pop3 Gmail Limitations by DamianWarS on 06-28-2006 at 05:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DamianWarS
i have about a 1000 or so emails but plus says i have 445
i downloaded all my emails using outlook leaving the emails also on gmail but achived.  When outlook was downloading them it said i had 445 but it downloaded about 2000.  Once it was finsihed msgplus said i had 0 emails so it reset the counter.

The number must the be the amount of undownloaded emails not unread emails and it must max out at 445.  Once you download them the number is reset.  If you think about it Outlook or anyother mail client needs to somehow know what to download instead of getting them all each time so it would have to work this way.  So the number it returns to msgplus (or a mail client) is more of the amount of emails it needs to synchronize than it is unread emails.

So if you think of the number this way both msgplus and gmail work fine.  perhaps a less confusing toast message would be "235 unsynchronized emails"  But there's no point bending over for google.  A script is more suited for a work around to this.
RE: MsgPlus! Pop3 Gmail Limitations by Chestah on 06-28-2006 at 06:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DamianWarS
A script is more suited for a work around to this.

Agreed, i'll look into making something like this upcoming holidays. :P
RE: MsgPlus! Pop3 Gmail Limitations by SerGuMa on 06-28-2006 at 09:49 AM

Yep, that's true, when you download mails from gmail it downloads the recieved and the sent ones :P