Shoutbox

Oversized DP - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Oversized DP (/showthread.php?tid=40431)

Oversized DP by CyGiG on 03-18-2005 at 03:52 AM

The idea of oversized DP is definitely fun....it really catches attention.
When im using MSN 6.2 Plus! and a previous version of StuffPlug...other contacts can view my oversized DP even if they dun have Plus! installed.

But mow im using MSN 7.0Beta Plus! 3.50 w StuffPlug 2.1.243... I Realised that to display Oversized Display pic, both parties MUST have Messenger Plus and StuffPlug installed...which is not very effective...

Is there anyway to overcome this?

RE: Oversized DP by L. Coyote on 03-18-2005 at 04:02 AM

Your contacts must have StuffPlug if they have MSNM7, because MSNM7 resizes the DP on the other side too.

I believe there is nothing you can do about it.

RE: Oversized DP by CyGiG on 03-18-2005 at 04:04 AM

wahhh....really nothing to do? i hope StuffPlug can come out w somwthing to fix this....i LOVE oversize DP!!!

RE: Oversized DP by L. Coyote on 03-18-2005 at 04:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CyGiG
wahhh....really nothing to do? i hope StuffPlug can come out w somwthing to fix this....i LOVE oversize DP!!!
Like I said, your DPs get resized on the other end if your contacts have MSNM7. StuffPlug on the other end prevents it from doing it (if they have it enabled). This does not happen if they have MSNM6. (Y)

So nothing StuffPlug can do on your side.

:)
RE: Oversized DP by CyGiG on 03-18-2005 at 08:59 AM

really no way to overcome this?

RE: Oversized DP by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-18-2005 at 02:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CyGiG
really no way to overcome this?

No. Period.. Sorry to tell you but that is how it is... This can be seen as a good point, and for some people not a good point... I remembered the old days when Over sized dp's were first annouced, everyboyd(incl. me :P) had huge 1048*768 pictures as dp's which really ruined everthing!!! It was just such a pain in the ass... Now with MSN 7 automatically resizing the dp's to 96 x 96 we don't have this problem anymore... and even better with stuffplug you can resize your contacts big dp's to a smaller size so they won't be so annoying!.. :D.. So all in all I think it's good, but yes it was fun and I also love big dp's... :D..

Edit:
Changed the 64 x 64 size to 96 x 96
Thanks Dempsey.. :D
RE: Oversized DP by Dempsey on 03-18-2005 at 02:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
resizing the dp's to 64 x 64 (i believe, right?)

close, its 96 x 96