Shoutbox

Add Random Sound button Not visible enough - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Add Random Sound button Not visible enough (/showthread.php?tid=40450)

Add Random Sound button Not visible enough by shawn on 03-18-2005 at 09:25 AM

The add random sound is in my opinion not visible enough.....it shld b positioned at the sound library instead as when i first use the new version of plus,i could not find it till i did a through search..it took me ard 10 mins...hope u can fix this..btw:i hope i posted this in the correct forum

RE: Add Random Sound button Not visible enough by amsie on 03-25-2005 at 05:36 PM

i couldnt find it either i also suggest that there should be a drop down list for the sounds included as there are far to many to go through

RE: Add Random Sound button Not visible enough by albert on 03-25-2005 at 06:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by amsie
i couldnt find it either i also suggest that there should be a drop down list for the sounds included as there are far to many to go through

Same thing here.. I gotta admit the whole menu was a little hard to use.. i needed 10 mins to understand how to send emotionsounds
RE: Add Random Sound button Not visible enough by mwe99 on 03-25-2005 at 07:07 PM

I found it and understood the menu easily

RE: Add Random Sound button Not visible enough by albert on 03-25-2005 at 07:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
I found it and understood the menu easily

what i had the most problems with was the fact that you had to click the song then wait a lil for the clip to play.. n i click the preview button not knowing what is was.. so. ye it was fucked up a lil..

RE: Add Random Sound button Not visible enough by kierant on 03-27-2005 at 02:20 PM

So where can I find and add random sounds? I've looked but can't find the feature.

RE: Add Random Sound button Not visible enough by Fraisie on 03-27-2005 at 02:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kieranissafe
So where can I find and add random sounds? I've looked but can't find the feature.

In the sounds panel, when you choose a category and browse to the very end, you have a "Random Sound" option

RE: Add Random Sound button Not visible enough by King For A Day on 03-27-2005 at 02:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fraisie
quote:
Originally posted by kieranissafe

In the sounds panel, when you choose a category and browse to the very end, you have a "Random Sound" option

thats what sucks, it needs to be at the start or built into the menu
RE: Add Random Sound button Not visible enough by Fraisie on 03-27-2005 at 02:33 PM

Well actually, I have to say that a LOT of people have understood and thought it was easy to use, since we have already too many people using the feature. It really think it is clear enough :) It is not there to be abused, it is there for fun, to add a random sound, once in a while. When you are looking for a specific sound, search the web and create your sound yourself, or visit the sounds packs database Dempsey is creating, at http://www.mpsounds.net/

RE: Add Random Sound button Not visible enough by King For A Day on 03-27-2005 at 02:39 PM

i like using it but it would be nice to be able to click it without scrolling thru a lot of sounds first i have a lot already so its getting a bit anoying but i can live with it :D

RE: Add Random Sound button Not visible enough by Fraisie on 03-27-2005 at 02:41 PM

If you think you have too many sounds displayed, you can easily hide some you dont use by going in the Add/Edit/Remove Sounds pannel.

RE: Add Random Sound button Not visible enough by jren207 on 03-27-2005 at 03:50 PM

I was a bit stuck at first, when I clicked the preview button then clicked a sound to send it I never relised you had to double-click it, but that's understandable, silly me :P

After that, i think the sounds menu is really self explanitory ;)

RE: Add Random Sound button Not visible enough by CookieRevised on 03-30-2005 at 12:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jren207
I was a bit stuck at first, when I clicked the preview button then clicked a sound to send it I never relised you had to double-click it, but that's understandable, silly me
Click the box in the topright corner to switch between preview mode (double click to send) and send mode (single click to send, no preview possible)...

If you hoover over that box a nice tooltip will say the same ;)
RE: Add Random Sound button Not visible enough by jren207 on 03-30-2005 at 06:27 PM

i figured that out eventually :P

having a preview is a good idea, especially when you accumulate a large number of sounds...