Shoutbox

MSN goes online by it self - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN goes online by it self (/showthread.php?tid=40452)

MSN goes online by it self by IsoNick on 03-18-2005 at 10:00 AM

How to solve this problem? My MSN goes online by it self. When I set my status to Busy or Away, then sometimes when I turn my monitor on, MSN is online by it self. SO ANNOYING!!

In the MSN options I've tried to set the options to go away by it self. No luck. It works when I test it with 2 minutes or so. But not always. And the same problem with MsgPlus mode. I set it to 2 minutes or so, and it works fine. I set it back to ten minutes and leave my computer. And then when I come back, my status is set to online.

Isn there a program who will FORCE my MSN to STAY Away or Busy? Or it is because it get disconnected, then make it remember my last status, because it seems that the auto-away in both MSN and Plus don't work as it should.

Or what do I do wrong?

--
http://ic3.dk/

RE: MSN goes online by it self by RaceProUK on 03-18-2005 at 02:54 PM

It's probably the servers playing up, so unless someone writes a plugin for Plus, then I'm afraid you'll have to accept it happens.

RE: MSN goes online by it self by IsoNick on 03-18-2005 at 11:26 PM

Anyone has the tool StatusSaver? It should solve the problem. I just can't seem to find it anywhere.

RE: MSN goes online by it self by albert on 03-18-2005 at 11:38 PM

quote:
It's probably the servers playing up, so unless someone writes a plugin for Plus, then I'm afraid you'll have to accept it happens.

nah I don't think it has anything to do with plus! ( if that's what your saying ) cuz my little sis has the same problem, but she doesn't have it installed..
RE: MSN goes online by it self by Fredzz on 03-19-2005 at 01:34 AM

Maybe you have the option SET ME AS AWAY WHEN IDLE FOR x MINUTES. and then ur set to away or busy.. and after 5 minutes it changes to AWAY (IDLE) status. and when you come back to PC it comes back to online!(instead of goin to your previous status)

Just my 2cents!

RE: MSN goes online by it self by Tochjo on 03-19-2005 at 02:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by IsoNick
Anyone has the tool StatusSaver? It should solve the problem. I just can't seem to find it anywhere.
StatusSaver is a plugin that remembers your last status, so if your Messenger disconnects and signs you in again, it will change the status from online to the one you had before you were disconnected. Perhaps this is indeed a solution to your problem.

Put the file that is in the zip file (attached) in your plugins directory, and close (Exit) MSN Messenger and reopen it. Now, after you change your status to something else and you sign off, a file OldStatus.dat will be made and when you sign on again, it will change your status very fast.
If you wish to always change your status to a specific one after signing in, set your status to that one, sign out and make the OldStatus.dat file read-only ;)