Shoutbox

question about the competition - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: question about the competition (/showthread.php?tid=40454)

question about the competition by antof05 on 03-18-2005 at 10:36 AM

Not quite sure if this belongs here or not...but I was wondering if the competition ships prizes too Australia if I were to win...???

Also do we have to Allow Messages from people Not on My Contact list to be able to seen with the "Messenger Plus!" in the display name?

Maybe it's already been posted or I've missed it somewhere...

Thanks

Anthony C

RE: question about the competition by Tochjo on 03-19-2005 at 12:36 PM

The prizes will be shipped to Australia, yes.

quote:
Originally posted by antof05
do we have to Allow Messages from people Not on My Contact list to be able to seen with the "Messenger Plus!" in the display name?
No; if you are chosen, you will be added to a contact list, and if you accept that then your name can be seen :)
RE: question about the competition by antof05 on 03-20-2005 at 01:35 AM

Thanks Tochjo :)

RE: question about the competition by Mulvas on 03-30-2005 at 09:10 AM

I hope I have posted this in the correct thread, but I am loving Plus!, and I'm from Australia, too.

How can we recieve more advantages to win the prize by linking from our site, or can't we?  Thanks... it's amazing how you are working this out anyway.

Cheers all.

RE: question about the competition by user35870 on 03-30-2005 at 10:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mulvas
our site, or can't we?

Yeh you can add a link to it from your website but as long as you don't spam the link. :)
RE: question about the competition by CookieRevised on 03-30-2005 at 11:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mulvas
How can we recieve more advantages to win the prize by linking from our site, or can't we?
no additional advantages... The contest is plain and simple. Refer people to Messenger Plus! with your special link. If people use your link to download Messenger Plus! you gain an extra hit in the contest.

Winners are choosen randomly, but as you may have more hits then others in the database, your chances of being picked out is higher.

But beware, if you cheat or even spam your link it will be noticed and you will be disqualified immediatly. You can however put your link on your homepage of course.

Also see: "First Contest winner" which handles many questions about the contest. And of course: http://www.msgplus.net/contest.php
RE: question about the competition by Mulvas on 03-31-2005 at 05:50 AM

Okay, thanks a lot for that.  Yeah I have spoken over Messenger to quite a few, detailing information about MsgPlus! etc, and giving the link.

I assume spamming would be opening every conversation window and pasting the link?

RE: question about the competition by Chrono on 03-31-2005 at 05:55 AM

spamming would be posting the link in different forums many times :P

you can actually spam your contacts all you want :refuck: