Shoutbox

Msn messenger Update - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Msn messenger Update (/showthread.php?tid=40467)

Msn messenger Update by John Anderton on 03-18-2005 at 02:17 PM

I dunno why but i got a msg that a new version of msn messenger is available and i downloaded it.
The new version is a beta and has the version no. 7.0.0429 i think thats the same as the one that i had (legal beta downloaded when the news of a beta came out. Dl from msn's official site)
What is this about can some one tell me :S

RE: Msn messenger Update by andrey on 03-18-2005 at 02:30 PM

Well, it's obviously a update, that's why you got the message :-/.
The last public beta was 7.0.0425, so the 7.0.0429 version is newer but I don't think there are any visible changes...
You shouldn't use the private beta btw, IF you use(d) it.

RE: Msn messenger Update by John Anderton on 03-18-2005 at 02:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrey
You shouldn't use the private beta btw, IF you use(d) it.
Read ^^^^ Nice u updated it :D

So it was 5. So now it went from 5 to 9. It was a very small update too. About 400 - 500 kb cause it downloaded fast :|
thx i had missed that one :$
I know this is a double post but i wanted to bump it cause i wanted to say taht the new version is really unstable 4 me. It crashed twice in 2.5 hrs :blah:
Mabbe an admin should just merge my posts cause i wanted to make this point and bump it :D
Is it unstable for others who have downloaded it ??
EDIT: I know its a beta but still its more unstable than the previous one. The earlier beta crashed 3 - 4 times since its release for me :undecided:
RE: Msn messenger Update by andrey on 03-18-2005 at 03:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Mabbe an admin should just merge my posts cause i wanted to make this point and bump it
did you ever think of deleting your old post and then reposting the updated one ? :tongue:

I don't know if it's unstable, didn't update yet but I don't think it is that unstable, as it's a public beta.
RE: Msn messenger Update by John Anderton on 03-18-2005 at 03:10 PM

quote:
I don't know if it's unstable, didn't update yet but I don't think it is that unstable, as it's a public beta.

maynot be that unstable. Mabbe just a coincidence that it happened twice and mabee it'll never happen again for a long time but lets see.

quote:
did you ever think of deleting your old post and then reposting the updated one ?
Isnt it easier this way :undecided: All the mod has to do is click 3 - 4 times ie select and then click merge. Im sure they will do it eventually :)
RE: Msn messenger Update by Anubis on 03-18-2005 at 03:10 PM

bah, it's not going to be a really big and important update, it'll probabally just be some security updates.

quote:
I know this is a double post but i wanted to bump it cause i wanted to say taht the new version is really unstable 4 me. It crashed twice in 2.5 hrs
Remember, it's only a BETA. The best thing you can do is just send error reports when it crashes, and if it becomes a real problem drop Microsoft an e-mail, they want to make their software as best as they can.

quote:
Mabbe an admin should just merge my posts cause i wanted to make this point and bump it
Nice little trick for bumping a thread, post your prievious post again and delete the original one.
RE: Msn messenger Update by John Anderton on 03-18-2005 at 03:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Remember, it's only a BETA. The best thing you can do is just send error reports when it crashes, and if it becomes a real problem drop Microsoft an e-mail, they want to make their software as best as they can.

It doenst ask me to send any error reports :dodgy: I roll my mouse over the system tray and the icon goes away :dodgy:
Btw where do i mail them ?

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Nice little trick for bumping a thread, post your prievious post again and delete the original one.
Ok thatks 4 the trick (both anubis n andrey) ill do it next time and later for this one too cause i am going to eat now :P
RE: Msn messenger Update by CookieRevised on 03-18-2005 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Btw where do i mail them ?
Where you've downloaded MSN Messenger...

http://messenger.msn.com/

[Image: attachment.php?pid=409385]

=> http://messenger.msn.com/help/contactus.aspx
RE: Msn messenger Update by The_Thief on 03-18-2005 at 04:52 PM

Read http://mess.be there is a significant update to this 0429 version apparently they enabled the winks

RE: RE: Msn messenger Update by PureLegend on 03-18-2005 at 05:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The_Thief
Read http://mess.be there is a significant update to this 0429 version apparently they enabled the winks

You mean you can download new ones now. It's not very visible. You have to go through BlueMountain (as always) because of the recently-announced 128-bit secirity certificates. Without it people could make a wink (in theory) loop forever without any limit.