Shoutbox

[split] Error message when sending many sounds - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: [split] Error message when sending many sounds (/showthread.php?tid=40476)

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by zxzxlch on 03-17-2005 at 04:15 PM

I've this problem with Plus! 3.40. After sending a bunch of custom sounds, it doesn't work anymore and I got this error message:

quote:
An error occured while contacting the server, please try again later. If the problem persists, check your security settings.

The strange thing is that my friend could use the sound feature without problem. So what's up with that?
RE: [split] Error message when sending many sounds by TerraZero on 03-18-2005 at 05:31 PM

yes that bug was really irretating :s

RE: [split] Error message when sending many sounds by Sunshine on 03-18-2005 at 05:34 PM

There are some problems with the soundserver atm, overload. lots of ppl get this errormessage. Btw i think you mean Plus! 3.50 ;)

RE: [split] Error message when sending many sounds by joakim55 on 03-18-2005 at 06:34 PM

I get it to.

RE: [split] Error message when sending many sounds by user35870 on 03-18-2005 at 06:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joakim55
I get it to.

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
There are some problems with the soundserver atm, overload.

RE: [split] Error message when sending many sounds by joakim55 on 03-18-2005 at 06:42 PM

When are it going to be fixed?

RE: [split] Error message when sending many sounds by user35870 on 03-18-2005 at 06:43 PM

quote:

When are it going to be fixed?

the server isn't broken its just geeting stressed from that many people using it proble when the amount of users die down abit
RE: [split] Error message when sending many sounds by joakim55 on 03-18-2005 at 06:48 PM

Oh, but is the server not going to get bigger. For more and more is downloading msg plus and then it what?

RE: [split] Error message when sending many sounds by wj on 03-18-2005 at 07:14 PM

I applied a code update that should help the load.

The server we have is pretty hefty and were doing our best to manage the load acordingly. We hope to have any remaining issues ironed out shortly.

RE: [split] Error message when sending many sounds by joakim55 on 03-19-2005 at 11:49 AM

Now sending sound is working fine but when I try to get now sound it just sad to me that ther is now sound on the server.:^)

RE: [split] Error message when sending many sounds by Eljay on 03-19-2005 at 11:59 AM

quote:
Now sending sound is working fine but when I try to get now sound it just sad to me that ther is now sound on the server.:^)

same problem here
RE: [split] Error message when sending many sounds by Tochjo on 03-19-2005 at 05:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
quote:

same problem here
quote:
Originally posted by http://sounds.msgplus.net
The random sound feature is currently disabled, We hope to have it back up within 24 hours.