Shoutbox

Big Bug 3.50 latest release - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Big Bug 3.50 latest release (/showthread.php?tid=40532)

Big Bug 3.50 latest release by paraver on 03-18-2005 at 11:52 PM

Today I installed the lastest version of Messenger Plus! 3.50. It seems to be everything correct. But I noticed a severe problem: every time I restart my pc is like I didn't install previously Messenger Plus!. That is to say that I have to reinstall Messenger Plus! everytime I start my pc.

What is happening?:S:S

Thanks

RE: Big Bug 3.50 latest release by L. Coyote on 03-18-2005 at 11:54 PM

Try to make a shortcut of the MsgPlus.exe file and put it in your startup folder (Start => Programs => Startup). That should make it work when you restart.

If C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\ exists, then it's not uninstalled (programs do not uninstall themselves).

Also, make sure you're on an account with admin priviledges (on your computer).

RE: RE: Big Bug 3.50 latest release by paraver on 03-19-2005 at 12:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
Try to make a shortcut of the MsgPlus.exe file and put it in your startup folder (Start => Programs => Startup). That should make it work when you restart.

If C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\ exists, then it's not uninstalled (programs do not uninstall themselves).

Also, make sure you're on an account with admin priviledges (on your computer).

Olá! Hi.

I have the totally admin privileges.(Y)

I never said that the program unistalled itself. I simply said that the program do not start automaticaly with MSN Messenger as it used to be. (N)(N)In previous versions I did not have any problem.

What may be causing this problem?

Muchas gracias,

Thanks,

RE: Big Bug 3.50 latest release by L. Coyote on 03-19-2005 at 12:21 AM

Um, it happens from time to time.

When you can configure it (when Messenger Plus! is running), go to the main MSNM window => Plus! => Preferences... => Miscellaneus => "Force Messenger Plus! to load when computer starts"

Did you also try the other way I told you? :o

:)

RE: Big Bug 3.50 latest release by *Saint* on 03-19-2005 at 02:56 AM

maybe your computer is set up that was because my computers at school are set so you can install andthing and do whatever you want but after they are restarted they go back to the way they were set and everything that was saved and installed it deleted

RE: Big Bug 3.50 latest release by paraver on 03-20-2005 at 11:49 AM

This shoul be a bug. In previous versions of Messenger Plus I did not get this problem.

I uninstall the program, clean the registry, download the program again form Messenger Plus home page, and made a new clean install. Result: the same problem!

So, as tip of Leo, now i selected «Force Messenger Plus! to load when computer starts», so I will see what is going to happen...

I must remenber this again: in the previous version, there were not this kind of problem.

Thanks ,

Kind regards.

RE: Big Bug 3.50 latest release by Y2Pdogg on 03-20-2005 at 04:49 PM

I wouldn't exactly call it a bug since it is only happening to one person. If only one person is having the problem, it's more than likely something not chose right by that person.

RE: Big Bug 3.50 latest release by Lieter on 03-20-2005 at 04:52 PM

a friend of mine has it too.. dont know the specs (i think XP)

RE: Big Bug 3.50 latest release by paraver on 03-21-2005 at 11:40 AM

Hi!

After trying every tips gave here, nothing worked out. It must be a bug! :(

Wind XP Pro SP1
MS Messenger 6.2.0205
Messenger Plus 3.50. 124

RE: Big Bug 3.50 latest release by mwe99 on 03-21-2005 at 12:43 PM

Try upgrading to service pack 2, and do you get any error message in MSN? like an option to Debug MSN or anything or does it just not appear?

RE: RE: Big Bug 3.50 latest release by Vilkku on 03-21-2005 at 12:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo

Did you try that?
RE: Big Bug 3.50 latest release by eng_awaid on 03-21-2005 at 01:14 PM

i didn't have this bug with msngr 7.0.0632 and Plus 3.50.124 with Xp SP2 ro win 2k

RE: Big Bug 3.50 latest release by CookieRevised on 03-21-2005 at 01:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paraver
Today I installed the lastest version of Messenger Plus! 3.50. It seems to be everything correct. But I noticed a severe problem: every time I restart my pc is like I didn't install previously Messenger Plus!. That is to say that I have to reinstall Messenger Plus! everytime I start my pc.

What is happening?:S:S

Thanks
Check your registry. Specifically
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
and
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

After you reboot your PC, is there a key named "MessengerPlus" in those?

Make sure you aren't running any kind of registry monitor program which could prevent Messenger Plus! to put his key in those run section (this can even be an anti-virus, anti-spyware, or internet security program).

RE: RE: Big Bug 3.50 latest release by paraver on 03-21-2005 at 02:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
Try upgrading to service pack 2, and do you get any error message in MSN? like an option to Debug MSN or anything or does it just not appear?

Nothing appears. Just like that.