Shoutbox

Sound Problems - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Sound Problems (/showthread.php?tid=40542)

Sound Problems by KOS-MOS on 03-19-2005 at 01:54 AM

When I try to download new ones it says" No sound is presently avaible on this server"

RE: Sound Problems by Weyzza on 03-19-2005 at 01:55 AM

Maybe the server is down for maintenance.

Just wait ;)

RE: Sound Problems by KOS-MOS on 03-19-2005 at 02:04 AM

how long?

RE: Sound Problems by wj on 03-19-2005 at 02:07 AM

The random sound feature is currently disabled. We are working to fix some major issues with the random sound feature and hope to have it operational again in the next 24 hours.

RE: Sound Problems by Patchou on 03-19-2005 at 03:26 AM

yeah...
:banana: wj :banana:

RE: Sound Problems by Chestah on 03-19-2005 at 03:29 AM

any chance of updating the error message in a new version or if its server based :P, with a clickable link to "http://sounds.msgplus.net/".

Also any chance that someone updates the page so users know that the random sound feature is currently down for an estimated 24 hours :P?

RE: Sound Problems by KOS-MOS on 03-19-2005 at 02:03 PM

That wasnt there before (or was it?) Thank you for you help!

RE: Sound Problems by Odium696 on 03-19-2005 at 05:38 PM

Its a big problem?

RE: Sound Problems by albert on 03-19-2005 at 05:46 PM

ye it would be a good idea to actully tel the users that the server is being updated, cuz a lot of ppl I know installed msg plus! for the custom sound animtion, and well.. no wonder they wanted to uninstall it when they saw it wasnt working at the moment.. ( them not following the forum.. )

RE: Sound Problems by surfichris on 03-19-2005 at 08:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Odium696
Its a big problem?
People are abusing the random sound feature causing the loa of the system to reach an extreme. People are also abusing the report system.
RE: RE: Sound Problems by Odium696 on 03-19-2005 at 09:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
quote:
Its a big problem?
People are abusing the random sound feature causing the loa of the system to reach an extreme. People are also abusing the report system.

Ok....
So it is a big problem, I had a feeling from the start that te servers would not hold!
Never the less Its a great work!
RE: RE: Sound Problems by Shaggie on 03-22-2005 at 05:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
quote:
Its a big problem?

Perhaps if people are abusing this feature, then a patch should be released (a new revision of Msg Plus!) that limits how often & how many times you can use it in a certain time frame.
RE: Sound Problems by user27089 on 03-22-2005 at 05:12 PM

I'm getting the problems again, i realyl can't send or receive any sounds, no errors or anything whatsoever :s.