Shoutbox

Quick Question about the contest - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Quick Question about the contest (/showthread.php?tid=40549)

Quick Question about the contest by Y2Pdogg on 03-19-2005 at 03:49 AM

Are the winners going to be announced like every friday or something? or Are the winners going to be announced at the end of the contest date? Just wondering.

RE: Quick Question about the contest by blackjack on 03-19-2005 at 03:56 AM

end of contest i think.. ^o)

edit: . A brand new PSP Value Pack will be given out every week  between  March 16th and April 27th 2005. The contest will end with one final draw on May 2nd 2005 for a brand-new Alienware Area-51m 7700. Only specially selected participants having "Messenger Plus!" or "Msgplus!" included in their MSN Messenger display name at a specific (and undisclosed) time will participate to the final draw.

RE: Quick Question about the contest by Patchou on 03-19-2005 at 05:02 AM

PSP inners will actually be announced every week on mess.be (the draw will be done every thursday an you can expect winners to be announced a couple of days after, once the winner has been contacted and verifications have been completed).

RE: Quick Question about the contest by Dane on 03-19-2005 at 05:04 AM

Great.  And are the people entered in the pool for the laptop notified by email?

RE: Quick Question about the contest by Y2Pdogg on 03-19-2005 at 05:12 AM

Alright that sounds good. I hope I win:P I probably won't though cause I suck at winning contests...well there was that one time i won a toaster...but I don't count that as winning since the thing was a peice of junk. lol I'm getting off-topic now.[Image: heh.gif]

RE: Quick Question about the contest by Purity on 03-19-2005 at 05:15 AM

So, we have to have our referal link in our name to win?

RE: Quick Question about the contest by L. Coyote on 03-19-2005 at 05:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Purity
So, we have to have our referal link in our name to win?
Messenger Plus! or MsgPlus!

I think the link is not necessary. It's optional. :rofl:
RE: Quick Question about the contest by Purity on 03-19-2005 at 05:28 AM

I'm kinda confused....

RE: Quick Question about the contest by L. Coyote on 03-19-2005 at 05:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Purity
I'm kinda confused....
:P Sorry.

You must have MsgPlus! or Messenger Plus! in the nickname.

The link is optional (it's more to spread around on forums, emails, etc. (non-spammy way)).

This is what I understood when I read the info on http://msgplus.net/contest.php
RE: Quick Question about the contest by cooldude_i06 on 03-19-2005 at 05:36 AM

i sent my download link to my brother and he accidentally clicked it. since were both behind the same router, thus same ip, im wondering if that means that im disqualified???

RE: Quick Question about the contest by Y2Pdogg on 03-19-2005 at 05:49 AM

I'm not 100% about this but I think as long as he didn't click on the download button..You're safe. I think it's from how many downloads come from your link, not how many hits your link gets. I'm not sure on that and you better just wait on an answer from Patchou.

RE: Quick Question about the contest by Mike on 03-19-2005 at 06:24 AM

I was having another question...

When do I get one more chance to win the PSP/laptop?

Is it when someone visits my referral link?
Is it when someone downloads Plus! from my refferal link?
or...
Is it when someone installs a version Plus! that has been downloaded from my refferal link...?

RE: Quick Question about the contest by Weyzza on 03-19-2005 at 06:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2

or...
Is it when someone installs a version Plus! that has been downloaded from my refferal link...?

A straight quote from the contest info site:
quote:
Recommend Plus! to your friends and get 2 extra chances to win each time one of them downloads it from your referrer link!

RE: Quick Question about the contest by antof05 on 03-20-2005 at 11:44 AM

so what happens if someone clicks the link from within the same network (and so same IP) as the person who owns the referer link?

Will that be ok?

Anthony C

RE: Quick Question about the contest by Cee-estee on 03-20-2005 at 06:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2

or...
I was wondering this too. If it's just when they click the link, cool. But I visited my own a few times, just because I'm helping people download it and I want to see what they see. Having to download would be more likely, otherwise you could easilly get lots of people to just veiw the page.
RE: Quick Question about the contest by L. Coyote on 03-20-2005 at 06:32 PM

You get the chances when people download the program (you can see the referral ID in the download "button").

It's not advised that you "just click" on everyone's links. It might be seen as cheating.