Shoutbox

Suggestion: media player - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Suggestion: media player (/showthread.php?tid=40572)

Suggestion: media player by tomfletcherman on 03-19-2005 at 11:25 AM

Would a plugin that changes the ad-bar at the bottom of a convesation window into media player controls (play pause next/back a song etc) be useful and is anyone interested in making it? Seeing as your personal message can be what you're listening to, you shoud be able to control a media player through the chat window rather than switching to wmp/winamp etc.

RE: Suggestion: media player by GiantSpider on 03-19-2005 at 11:28 AM

I like that. I like that alot.

RE: Suggestion: media player by ProblemWv Authority on 03-19-2005 at 11:31 AM

Wkd idea(Y), like an integrated media player. dont no wetha its hard to make(i aint a programmer:|lol). i ges you'd have to make like different ones to control different media players. duno i dont no much:P unless u create a totally nu media player in it..."Plus! Player";) but that would probz b a job to make aswel.

RE: Suggestion: media player by tomfletcherman on 03-19-2005 at 12:50 PM

I don't know any programming, but you could patch the adbar to display a website of the same size (the html file could be on the internet or in the plugins directory, and then use javascript to create controls for different media players and show the title of the song playing.

RE: Suggestion: media player by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-19-2005 at 03:44 PM

This is indeed a very good idea/sugestion... Me neither knows how hard it is to interfere with the banners.. But as tomfletcerman says:

quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman
I don't know any programming, but you could patch the adbar to display a website of the same size (the html file could be on the internet or in the plugins directory, and then use javascript to create controls for different media players and show the title of the song playing.

Is the best solution I would think.. But I don't know any javascripting(only very basic JS), this should be possible for someone to make.. :D..

RE: Suggestion: media player by Purity on 03-19-2005 at 05:21 PM

I suggested something like this earlier....I very much like the idea!:happy:

RE: Suggestion: media player by albert on 03-19-2005 at 05:44 PM

SOuunddsss PERFECT :D Good thinking man, maybe we could ask a programmer to try to do this.. ( I feel so bad everytime any1 has an idea I say ye we should ask a programmer.., but its cuz i dunno how to program :( )

but hey if anyone does  it, try to make it compatible with Itunes :D

lol ;-)

RE: Suggestion: media player by citr45 on 03-19-2005 at 05:50 PM

Yeh ,, Good thinking man ... :D :D ..

RE: Suggestion: media player by Snake on 03-19-2005 at 06:38 PM

That would be awsome! (Y) You got my vote!

RE: RE: Suggestion: media player by John on 03-19-2005 at 09:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
This is indeed a very good idea/sugestion... Me neither knows how hard it is to interfere with the banners.. But as tomfletcerman says:

quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman

Is the best solution I would think.. But I don't know any javascripting(only very basic JS), this should be possible for someone to make.. :D..

Come on CD, I'm sure you could make this in no time. ;) It's an awesome idea.
RE: Suggestion: media player by M73A on 03-19-2005 at 11:16 PM

OH KOOL, im sure that would get downloaded thousands of times, i really like that idea. has anyone taken up the offer to make it? i would if i knew how to:'(

RE: Suggestion: media player by mwe99 on 03-19-2005 at 11:33 PM

(8) Yeah another Messenger has that so MSN should too :) would be a great feature!!! (8)

RE: Suggestion: media player by albert on 03-19-2005 at 11:39 PM

lol yee well after your perfect Counter plugn Cyber, Im sure you can work it out :)

RE: Suggestion: media player by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-19-2005 at 11:59 PM

I just did a litle research... :P:D... Tried checking the exe file and msglang file to see if it was possible to change to location of the ad... I couldn't seem to find anything usefull... Is it possible to change the location of the ad? or is that not possible?... IF somebody can tell me if this is possible and how I can do it then I would like to this litle project.. :D..

RE: Suggestion: media player by albert on 03-20-2005 at 12:08 AM

:| ok can't say anything about that.. :| :'( but Cyber come on ur good :) im sure you can find out, cant u ?! :)

RE: Suggestion: media player by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-20-2005 at 01:24 AM

Did some more testing.. :D.. And all I can say so far, is I CAN do this!! :D..  I will be doing a plugin during next week for you guys...

Edit:
But the first test will only be compatible with Winamp since that's the only media player I know the code I have to use.. :D...

RE: Suggestion: media player by mwe99 on 03-20-2005 at 01:27 AM

damn, i gotta get WinAmp then :P but good luck with the programming :) (Y)

If i can help let me know and i'll be happy to assist any way i can :)

RE: Suggestion: media player by Snake on 03-20-2005 at 01:29 AM

Can't wait! 8o| thats going to be so kick a$$:D

RE: Suggestion: media player by albert on 03-20-2005 at 01:32 AM

oki.. CYber Dude.. youre making me change player now :P but it's ok.. :D thx mannnnn ur the best!! ill be waiting ;-) and if you need someone to test it out or anything, tell ME :D lol ;-)

RE: Suggestion: media player by Snake on 03-20-2005 at 01:32 AM

I owuld be happy to help (Y)!:D

RE: Suggestion: media player by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-20-2005 at 01:35 AM

Wow.. Some quick replies.. :D:D... hehe...
It will eventually support other players, but as the first testing period it will only be winamp.. but later also others.. :D..

To those who is interested:
I am NOT going to use the same method as we talked about earlier in this thread... the patching/hijacking/javascript method..

RE: Suggestion: media player by Snake on 03-20-2005 at 01:36 AM

then what would u be using?

RE: Suggestion: media player by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-20-2005 at 01:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by snake1131
Magic... :P.. lol!! :D...
RE: Suggestion: media player by mwe99 on 03-20-2005 at 01:45 AM

Pure genius then ;)

RE: Suggestion: media player by jren207 on 03-20-2005 at 01:51 AM

I like this idea (y)

For the html page if you're using an html page, you can have javascript OnMouseOver();, OnMouseDown();, OnMouseUp(); OnMouseOut(); javascript for the buttons so that they are like realistic buttons.

RE: Suggestion: media player by Mylo on 03-20-2005 at 04:44 AM

so when is this thing out?

RE: Suggestion: media player by albert on 03-20-2005 at 05:15 AM

quote:

1- WHO CARES!! lol :lol: as long as it works ;-)
2- Secrets are the best :)

CyberDude, we're all counting on you, you work on it ;-)
RE: Suggestion: media player by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-20-2005 at 10:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jren207
I like this idea (y)

For the html page if you're using an html page, you can have javascript OnMouseOver();, OnMouseDown();, OnMouseUp(); OnMouseOut(); javascript for the buttons so that they are like realistic buttons.

I'm not going to use any html or javascript... so everything is all right.. :D:D:D...

quote:
Originally posted by Mylo
so when is this thing out?
I don't know yet,and can't promise anything.. I only posted 3 hours before your post that it was possible for me to do... I haven't made anything really yet, only did some testing and found out I could do it.. :P.. so.. but hopefully during the next week...

RE: Suggestion: media player by tomfletcherman on 03-20-2005 at 10:53 AM

Thanks so much for coding this plugin, I'd swap to winamp just to use it:D

RE: Suggestion: media player by Mike on 03-20-2005 at 11:31 AM

quote:
quote:
Is that gonna be the SetParent api? :P

RE: Suggestion: media player by King For A Day on 03-20-2005 at 11:43 AM

if anyone has windows blinds theres a skin called "iskin" that has these controls built in to the bottom of each window, which is quite cool, its realy usfull to have, so it would be great to get it in msn

RE: Suggestion: media player by Zephyr on 03-20-2005 at 12:51 PM

I think this would be a great plugin for plus, definitely one i would use. They have an extension for firefox called foxy tunes which puts controls for lots of media players at the bottom of the window which is really good.

Can't wait for (CyBeRDuDe)'s result!

RE: Suggestion: media player by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-20-2005 at 04:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
quote:
quote:
Is that gonna be the SetParent api? :P

:P... You know magic to??? :P..
Well it gave me some problems.. :S:(.. but seems to have fixed it already.. might already have beta/test version out for you guys tomorrow.. :D...
RE: Suggestion: media player by M73A on 03-20-2005 at 04:56 PM

tomorrow:O go CyberDude! will it be hard making it compatible with wmp? or shud it be pretty simple once its done for one type of media player (dont have a clue about programming etc btw, so sorry if its a dumb question)

RE: Suggestion: media player by Snake on 03-20-2005 at 05:08 PM

Can't wait man!

Nice work (Y)

RE: Suggestion: media player by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-20-2005 at 05:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
tomorrow:O go CyberDude! will it be hard making it compatible with wmp? or shud it be pretty simple once its done for one type of media player (dont have a clue about programming etc btw, so sorry if its a dumb question)

It shouldn't be too hard.. I'm not sure, I'ev never done any programming with media players except Winamp... But when I have the base code running it shouldn't be to hard to add suppoprt for more players.. but I will most likely only do the Winamp, WMP and a few others.. but not to many...
Here you go guys!! :D... Enjoy it!!!

Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released
RE: Suggestion: media player by aNILEator on 03-20-2005 at 11:39 PM

i swear someone requested something like this mixed with WMP 10 style buttons on the bottom, they made an image edit to show waht they meant. it looked good i didn't like the idea at first but i might get used to it :)

Your plugin is for the contact list not the conversation windows right?

The previous request was for the WMP10 bar on the bottom of the convo boxes (H)